Professional restaurant supplies BDD_MSW16 Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_cbcc_7_fly_beacon $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Beauty Gifts Made in Italy Amazon Gift Card Offer out2 out2 out2  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors Kindle Paperwhite UniOrlando Spring Arrivals in Outdoor Clothing SnS

Format: Software|Change
Price:$31.97+ $3.99 shipping

on October 13, 2011
PaintShop Pro takes care of my needs as a serious photograher and provides editing features to make adjustments and changes to my photographs. And it enables me to do so without spending so much more for competitors software. I have used PaintShop Pro from the very beginnig when it was first available as a shareware program and right up to today.The one thing that I disliked was and still do was/is the rate and price of upgrades. I once was a faithful user of Corel and its early products. The upgrades were frequent and very expensive. The upgrades are still frequent and not as expensive as they once were.
on October 13, 2011
Improved and expanded feature set. HDR dramatically improved - it's the primary reason I was anxious to see this new release. Why pay for a separate HDR app when I can get that and more for less?
TOP 1000 REVIEWERon December 18, 2011
Format: Software|Vine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
I am a casual user of a Canon point and shoot camera. I do not know an F-stop from a shortstop. Many of the features of this software are therefore far beyond me at this point. They may be beyond me forever, but after using the program for several weeks I've learned a lot. I tell you this so that you will know in advance pretty much what you will be getting in this review. If you are a power user, you should skip on to the next review.

The software can take a while to load, depending on your system. Do not allow it to select itself as the default picture viewer (it will keep asking, until you tell it not to) or you will be grinding your teeth every time you click on a graphics file and you have to wait for the entire program to load.

There are three tabs prominent at the top of the screen- Manage, Adjust, and Edit. The program loads in the Manage screen. One thing that puzzles me is the duplication of functions in the three main tabs. The Edit tab does much, if not all, of the same stuff you can do in the Adjust tab, or even the Manage tab. This was a bit confusing at first, but once you understand that there are multiple ways and multiple places to do essentially the same thing, I guess it is a plus.

MANAGE TAB: On the left is a column showing folders on your computer that have graphics files. When you initially open the program, you tell it to browse for folders, and it opens a screen that lets you choose folders that have pictures in them. The folders are imported. Clicking on a folder displays thumbnails of all its photos in a scrolling tray at the bottom of the screen. Clicking on a thumbnail puts it in the central window. A right-hand window gives technical information about the photo - date taken, etc. If you don't want to work with all the photos in a folder, or want to select from several folders, you can create another tray. Then you can click and drag photos from the main tray to the second tray (or even third tray) to get all of those you want to work with conveniently corralled for editing. Be aware that if you close the program, or if it locks on you (as it did occasionally for me) your personalized trays will be gone, and you'll have to start over creating them and dragging photos there.

ADJUST TAB: Clicking on the Adjust tab brings up an editing window with all the usual options: crop, straighten, red eye, etc. Your trays of photos are again on the bottom, available for selection.

On the left of the editing window is a menu. One item is Smart Photo Fix. If you select a photo and click on "Suggest Settings" the program will auto adjust Brightness, Shadows, Highlights and Saturation to what it thinks they should be. If you don't like what the program suggests you can manually re-adjust each option separately by moving a slider. This is similar to the Auto-Fix function in the free Picnik editing program (contained in Picasa). Just for the heck of it, I auto corrected the same photo using Picnik and Paintshop. I thought the result was better with Picnik. Again, both programs allow you to fine-tune.

EDIT: This tab lets you do some of the same basic things you can do on the adjust tab, plus more advanced alterations. You can change the color of a clothing item (or any item) for instance. This sometimes takes a little tweaking to avoid changing colors in the photo that you don't want changed.

You can draw on your photos, with a virtual pen or brush, and alter their appearance to look like old newsprint, for example. There is a way to use photos to get a kaleidoscope effect.

Photo Blend, accessed from the Manage tab, will mix and merge parts of different pictures into one picture. This is the feature that lets you "erase" people and objects from pictures, or add them. It's a bit tricky, but you don't need to worry about some of the advanced (to me!) features like layers, for example. You DO need to worry about making sure the photos to be blended were all taken from the same spot and angle, one right after the other, preferably with a tripod.

If you want to add cutesy (in my opinion), cartoony artwork to your photos, you can do it with the Picture Tubes function. This might be useful for scrapbooking.

SUMMARY: If I were to describe every individual adjustment you can make to your snapshots, this would be an instruction manual. Pull down the menus and play with the program. The program might be overkill for you, if all you want to do is crop, resize, or correct exposure on you photos. But if you give it a try, you will improve your photos, learn a few things, and have some fun.
on January 29, 2016
It was to sophisticated for my home use.
on October 13, 2011
A feature set that is complete at a price you can't beat. The immense feature set is completely intuitive making it easy to manipulate your photos to picture perfect. The program layout is complete with sequential tabs makes a very natural workflow.
on October 1, 2014
couldnt figure out how to do anything.
on March 22, 2012
Item arrived more than promptly, beautifully / perfectly packaged, with an unbeatable price to boot - couldn't be more satisfied with this seller. My item was in excellent shape and functions properly. Item was exactly as described. Thank you.
on January 22, 2012
Being a PSP user from way back I knew much about the programme before but it has had and I expect I will find more wrinkles to trip me up as I use it ... much more sophisticated than earlier versions .. I came from v10 to this v14 after earlier starting with 7AE and then v.8. Do not regret my purchase in any way.
on October 13, 2011
I've used PSP photo editing software sine having version 6, and have updated every single version. It never lets me down. It offers so many possibilites to improve on nearly every photo one takes of nature especially. Go to search tools and you are soon to find tutorials, or people in groups that are eager to help you make the most of your product. Simply wonderful. If a rating offered 6 stars instead of 5, this one gets 6 from me!
on October 13, 2011
Paintshop offers a wide range of post processing at a very low price. The program handles raw files seamlesslessly and has a very good system for selecting and classifying your images. The latest version has a great HDR routine and methodology for combining images. It's a great value, largely un-trumpeted with all the hub-bub about Photoshop.