5.0 out of 5 stars Helpful to beginner and intermediate users, speedy & stable - UPDATE 3/12/14
Customer Video Review     Length:: 8:52 Mins
I'm not an advanced photographer or photo editor, but I'd love to be. Corel PaintShop Pro X6 Ultimate may just be the software to get me there!

This video shows you the software; what it looks like, how quickly it moves and a few features. The primary goal for capturing and sharing this video is to show beginner and intermediate...
Published 14 months ago by Andrea Polk

1.0 out of 5 stars Buyers beware!
Buyers beware! Corel's registration/activation is very messed up. I bought this via the digital download feature. After it downloaded right away, I installed Paintshop Pro X6 Ultimate without any problem. I was able to activate it online and it said everything was okay. Then the major problem started.

None of the Ultimate features, the things you are paying...
Published 13 months ago by Cornwall Void

‹ Previous | 15 6 754 | Next ›

1.0 out of 5 stars would not install on 64bit windows 8 PC, September 6, 2014
JimBo (Westerville, OH USA) - See all my reviews
i am a paintshop pro fan but this version would not install on my 64 bit win8 PC. Even after several rounds with Corel support.

1.0 out of 5 stars Will not install, May 8, 2014
C. Adams "American Citizen" (Warroad, MN United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Corel PaintShop Pro X6 Ultimate (Software)
I might like it...who knows? However I can't get it to install without getting error 1935. I bought this to put on my laptop which has Windows 7. It will not install without an error. I tried installing it on my old desktop (Windows XP) and it went on beautifully. Well, that's nice, except I don't want to sit at that old, roaring thing to process my photos. I bought this software specifically for my laptop. Now is it my fault that I can't use it on a machine that the specifications said it would work on? Am I just out the money? Corel has lost a customer if there is no recourse to this sort of problem. If anyone has any tips for me, I would love to hear from you.

2.0 out of 5 stars BUY THIS PROGRAM AT YOUR OWN RISK!, November 26, 2014
This review is from: Corel PaintShop Pro X6 Ultimate (Software)
Buy this program at your own risk! I have been using PaintShop Pro for several years. I also use AfterShot Pro. I have always been happy with these programs, but...

I now have a problem with the functionality of the program. Keyboard shortcuts do not work, even though they are shown in the Keyboard Map. There is NO WAY to get any support from Corel unless you are willing to purchase a support contract. So unless you are willing to use a program that may or may not work, and be unable to get any support for the program when it is defective, I would suggest you purchase another program.

1.0 out of 5 stars One Star, August 7, 2014
Terrible! Spent 1 hr trying to activate. No luck. Serial numbers simply didn't work!!!!!!!

2.0 out of 5 stars Not user freindly. Bad Bad Bad customer service., January 7, 2014
I have been using the free download of this and it does do a lot of things, but it is not intuitive. I really want to make photo collages, but there is no straight forward way of doing this. I have searched online for instructions on making them in Corel, but they are really complicated, convoluted work-around instructions. In short, this feature is not offered in this software. I don't understand why it can't be as simple as dragging and clicking photos into your workspace. But what really, really, really doesn't make any sense is that Corel offers no customer support for people that have questions about their product. In order for them to talk to you, you have to buy their product first. I have 22 days left of my free trial and I am not convinced I will be buying this. The rest of its editing features aren't really that special. It is nice for adding text to pictures, although that feature is also cumbersome to deal with. This, sadly, seems to be the status quo with photo editing software. Oh, apparently, even after you buy the product, you have to PAY for customer support. Nice.

5.0 out of 5 stars Just Right, April 9, 2014
J. Wharton (Harker Heights, TX) - See all my reviews
I used various versions of JASC's PaintShop Pro for years. It's all I ever needed. When Corel took over for JASC I was skeptical and put off upgrading. I finally downloaded X6 and to my surprise it's an improved version 9. I have read a lot of the criticism and just don't see the negative issues. For the low price X6 is a great program and should fit the bill for most users. Finally, the most important positive for me, in my opinion, is the superior interface.

3.0 out of 5 stars Not really impressed., August 31, 2014
This review is from: Corel PaintShop Pro X6 Ultimate (Software)
Not really impressed with it so far. I has a lot of neat looking features but I don't really find them that easy to use even after looking at tutorial videos and written instructions. Last few days the videos will not come up. Not impressed with color palettes either. I have a lot of old b/w photos that I wanted to change to color but have not had much luck. I have found other photo editing software to give better results and easier to use.

3.0 out of 5 stars Should you upgrade?, April 17, 2014
CSB (Cary, NC USA) - See all my reviews
I upgraded from PaintShop Pro X2 hoping to obtain more features. So far I have not found much difference between the two programs. My one complaint with Pro X2 is that is takes time to open each time you want to work with the program. This feature is better with Pro X6. My recommendation is that if you are happy with an earlier version of PaintShop Pro, don't spend the extra money to upgrade to the latest one.

2.0 out of 5 stars "Upgraded" to X6, February 15, 2014
Here's what you can expect when upgrading to version X6 (in my case from X3):

- They didn't bother to include "upgrade" support in their installer and it just installs side-by-side with your previous version (why just have one bloated version of PSP when you can have two?)
- They took the Photo Downloader away, which was a tool I used more than probably any other
- They never seem to publish any free updates ever despite the software getting buggier with each version
- They include obnoxious pop-up ads in their software that will come back even when you instruct them not to
- The default file associates are ALL jacked up
- This version is the slowest version to launch EVER

3.0 out of 5 stars It is probably a great program for a serious photographer, August 21, 2014
This review is from: Corel PaintShop Pro X6 Ultimate (Software)
It is probably a great program for a serious photographer. As a casual user I'm finding it difficult to learn. I am also bitterly disappointed that it doesn't include more artistic effects since this was what I was particularly interested in. I can get free apps off the internet that give me more options - it was more control over these that I wanted.

‹ Previous | 15 6 754 | Next ›

Corel PaintShop Pro X6 Ultimate
Corel PaintShop Pro X6 Ultimate by Corel (Windows 7 / Vista / XP)
$99.99 $39.99