Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Corel PaintShop Pro X6 Ultimate [Old Version]
Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Sun Care Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer CafeSociety CafeSociety CafeSociety  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro

on December 1, 2014
Pretty much the same exact thing as x5 so not even worth the meager $35 bucks for an upgrade. You won't even notice the difference.... If I was buying from anew and didn't already know this software I would probably have gone with lightroom instead. I have not personally used it, but i just seems much more robust and user friendly from the testimonials.
My main gripe with Corel is even between x4 and x5 the only thing that has changed is the look of it and the addition of a more user friendly hdr. Corel literally doesn't improve on much and just includes so much dumb filler like these useless filters and other "paint-like" tools. It would be cool too if they allowed for more customization like what tools are displayed in the boarders and better yet allowing the user to delete specific options and tools making a more streamlined and personalized experience.
on December 1, 2014
Fell in love with this product editing Thanksgiving dinner photos, for a dinner with 14 people. I found two features really absolute winners. First, when I chose Adjust Photos tab, then chose Suggested Settings, the prog radically improved most pix. Second, and most important, the lighting in the room was patchy, but within the Adjust Photos tab, there is an applet called Fill Light/Clarity that within the most badly lit areas will increase brightness and reduce shadows, while leaving well lit areas alone, so that there is much more even illumination throughout the entire picture. In very little time, I was able to rescue a number of shots that had good content but poor lighting, and out of about 40 shots got 11 really good pictures.
on March 26, 2014
I stayed away form corel after it bought out Jasc and continued used Jasc paint shop 9.
Upscaling my cameras and equipment I looked into the highly priced Adobe and after comparing this with that and reading and thinking I finally chose to go with this and boy am I glad,\.
It is not a difficult upgrade from 9 but OMG, what an improvement.
I am keeping 9 until I have a more prehensile grasp of all that this program can do but even now it is stunning.

Friends who belittled the idea of this instead of Adobe are eating their comment when they see the range and ease of this program
Now, It has a learning curve so put on the pot of tea or coffee and get ready to spend some time just playing around and getting use to the user friendly interface.

I seem to find something new after a hard day and a partly sleepless night at about 2 in the morning when I don't care if I make a mistake.

It is a non=destructive editor and and rich robust and amazing improvement form the programs between my 9 and this.
It is also a very sleek and non bloated program that doe not eat up my hard drive.
Highly recommend
on September 25, 2014
I have used Paint Shop Pro since it was a JASC product. I'm now using version X6. Corel has ruined it beyond repair. The software is full of bugs, features that have been damaged, stupid registration policies, and adware that pops up every time you exit the program. The latest bug I've noticed is that it doesn't redraw properly. Come on, this is a Windows 2 issue! If you can't program a simple redraw, get a job at McDonalds. If you edit a vector that is on top of another vector, the second one stops showing completely.

Corel simply does not put money into developing and debugging this project. I pity the developers. I don't know what they are paid, where they live (outsourced to 2nd world country?), what their backgrounds are, but I'll wager that whatever their experience, they cannot cope with management's poor support, demands for "great" new features, and (probably) spaghetti code that no-one understands anymore.

I wish I could just install Jasc PSP version 4 on my Windows 8.1 machine.
on September 22, 2014
I have been using PaintShop Pro since Version 3 and I still find it to be an excellent photo editing program. It is much easier to use than Photoshop and exceptionally less costly. Although I have both programs, I have stopped using Photoshop since they went to a subscription model. Kudos to Corel for keeping PaintShop Pro as a program I can upgrade only when I feel a need for new features (although I do fairly regularly upgrade it) and for keeping the price very reasonable. I highly recommend the program for all levels of photographers. The only downside to the program is Corel's lack of free customer support beyond 30 days even though I have rarely encountered problems that required help beyond the FAQ on their website.
on August 21, 2014
It is probably a great program for a serious photographer. As a casual user I'm finding it difficult to learn. I am also bitterly disappointed that it doesn't include more artistic effects since this was what I was particularly interested in. I can get free apps off the internet that give me more options - it was more control over these that I wanted.
on August 31, 2014
Not really impressed with it so far. I has a lot of neat looking features but I don't really find them that easy to use even after looking at tutorial videos and written instructions. Last few days the videos will not come up. Not impressed with color palettes either. I have a lot of old b/w photos that I wanted to change to color but have not had much luck. I have found other photo editing software to give better results and easier to use.
on May 29, 2014
Got this at what I consider an excellent price through Amazon. I had tried the 30 day trial of Adobe Elements 12 and to me, for what the software did, "Elements is overpriced.
Pro X6 ultimate does the job for me. I have a large number of scanned in photos from the 60's through the '90s (no digital cameras back then). Most of these photos need some real perking up and I was pleasantly surprised how well Pro X6 did the job. No big learning curve either. The software does take a bit of getting used to but after a little practice all is good. I am actually having fun touching up my pics and I am getting quite addicted to it. In my opinion Pro x6 is well worth the Amazon price.
on November 4, 2014
Much more to this software than I was expecting. Not complaining, but it's going to take me little time to figure much of it out. The auto photo enhancer does a great job. I have played around with some of the other features and it does a great job. I will most likely be updating this review once I get more familiar with the software. I'm not smart enough nor do I have the patience to use Photo Shop. This is going to do everything I need.
on August 18, 2014
I am new to post processing. I had hoped for more online support and better instructional materials. The video tutorials do not teach much and often do not meet professional quality. Most of the general help for post processing is geared toward photoshop. I sometimes regret that I did not purchase photoshop because there is so much helpful material out there for photoshop and very little for paintshop. I give it a four star because for those parts that I have been able to figure out or that someone showed me how to do I have been very satisfied.