on August 31, 2006
Wanted to replace my old set of Corelle dishes that I have had for 14 years. They still looked ok but wanted something colorful.

Looked through all the patterns available on Amazon and fell in love at first glance with the Hot Dots pattern.

Beautiful and vibrant colors, durable and easy to clean.

I love them!

Please note the mugs are stoneware, a nice weight and size.
I ordered 2 of these sets. I did not want the mugs but they come standard anyway. I love the bright fun colors, they are just right for every day dining. I like the slightly smaller than average side plates too. For every day dinner I don't use side plates and they come in really handy for serving appetizers etc. The Corelle quality is unbeatable as ever, no scratch marks, does not chip and looks light and elegant. Really perfect!
on March 10, 2007
This Corelle Hot Dots set is fun, durable, and stacks oh so nicely in the dishwasher and cabinet! Nice set...recommended.
on January 15, 2007
I ordered 2 sets as a Christmas present. Amazon did a great job of packing both sets in one box but Corelle did a horrible job of packing the dishes. In each box a dinner dish was broke (shattered) and one mug. There was absolutely no protection between the dishes. In order to get a replacement, Amazon said I had to return the whole thing. I refused (purchased replacements on ebay) because it was a Christmas present and there was no guarantee the next one would arrive any differently. Amazon gave me a partial refund that was satisfactory.
on January 9, 2007
I was looking for pretty, kid resistant dishes. This fit the bill. I can throw them in the diswasher and not worry about them. Please be aware that the mugs for this set are stoneware so they are breakable. The price I paid for them was cheaper than the B&M stores and even Ebay. I also got free shipping which was the reason why I bought them from Amazon.
on October 17, 2007
I received these plates with imperfections in the dots: it looks as if someone had pealed a few off on one of the plates; when I noticed the imperfections, I had already destroyed the box they arrived in, so now I'm stuck with them. They are of a decent quality, but beware of the poorly transferred images.
on November 1, 2006
LOVE the colors of this set, which I've been advised is discontinued through the company's outlet stores.

Be warned however that the bread/butter plate is SMALLER than what I expected. They are about 6 3/4" across compared with the plates that I thought they would came (those measured a little over 8 1/2").

Still this is a great, fun set to use to mix/match colors and patterns. I am mixing with (discontinued) citrus (yellow bands), memphis (although the colors in Memphis are not as bright as these) and urban red.
on May 17, 2007
I love, love these dishes. They are very bright and colorful. They remind me of the old wonder Bread wrappers when I was a little girl. The cups are not made of Corelle. They are made of stoneware. You can not buy these in open stock but for this price you can buy another set if you need extra pieces. I bought 4 sets and it takes up much less room than my entire old set. If space is a problem these are for you! Corelle Livingware Hot Dots 16-Piece Dinnerware Set, Service for 4
on October 6, 2013
I bought these two years ago and they still look great! Easy to clean! I was a little worried the circles would chip or peel away, but they don't! No scratches or anything! They look fun, it's a great first set of dishes. I'm still moving around a lot, but those college plastic sets just weren't cutting it!

EXCEPT, I am minus one bowl now. They are very durable, but it seems that they aren't as durable when they are filled with something hot. The bowl was full of soup and dropped, and while I wouldn't have expected it to survive that anyway, it SHATTERED. There wasn't a single piece bigger than a nickel. Not the company's fault though. It's very durable when you don't drop a full bowl from chest level.

How durable are they?? When I opened the package, I stupidly did so on the counter, and everything was so wedged in there with styrofoam, when I pulled on it, every single plate slid out and hit the floor. Every singe one, and not a thing broke!

Very happy!
on October 22, 2010
Bright and cheery, though the blue is a gray-blue. Also, the smaller dots are not centered over the larger dots underneith, giving it a slightly cheap look. Ended up returning for this reason. Corelle material is sturdy, and the printed dots didn't seem like they'd chip off -- they just weren't printed well to begin with.