Your Garage Summer Reading Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it blink-182 Fire TV Stick Subscribe & Save Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer AllOrNothingS1 AllOrNothingS1 AllOrNothingS1  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro

on July 17, 2012
I really like this flat iron. I had 3 things I wanted in a flat iron. 1) Large size surface (3/4" or larger) as I have long hair. 2) Can be used for wet-to-dry, as I have thick hair and don't like taking the time to dry my hair completely before using a flat iron. 3) Full ceramic plates. After reading about products online, I found have a solid ceramic plate is better than coated plates as they don't wear away. My last flat iron had coated plates and they wore away quickly even though the flat iron still worked, which then started to fry my hair without any protection on the plates. I also like that this product heats up fast and seems to hold it's heat the whole time I straightening my hair. So another positive.

My only negative (which is why I gave it 4-star) is that you cannot control the heat setting. There is an on/off switch and that's it. But it hasn't been too much of an issue with me. I also like that the switch is located on the bottom side of the top handle, so while using the flat iron, you're not hitting the switch and turning it off (like I do with my curling iron that I use on my bangs).

As for hair types, other than having lots of hair, I don't really have difficult hair to straighten. My hair is naturally straight anyway, I actually cannot get it to hold curl unless I use an entire can of hairspray so my hair doesn't move at all. The reason I use a flat iron is if I just let my hair air dry, I get waves in just a couple spots of my hair, nothing that looks nice as it's not all over, just random spots. Also, to save time in the morning as I go to work very early and don't feel like spending an hour to get ready, I wash my hair the night before and let it dry somewhat while I sleep. This helps with drying the rest of my hair in the morning and making it looks nicer. I usually get my hair done in 15 minutes in the morning, which is quicker than my old flat iron that took about 25 minutes. I would definitely buy this flat iron again.
on March 24, 2012
This is the best flat iron I have EVER had! People thought I had a Brazilian blow-out! (I also use Straight and Style by Keune) My co-workers were amazed at how my hair looked. No, I don't work for Corioliss and had never heard of it till my beautician used it on my hair. I am an 8th grade teacher, and my students gave me sooooo many compliments (even the boys noticed, lol!). Now, I am not young and cutesy, but my hair is amazing! When I use this wet to dry followed by the regular flat iron the next day, there is NO MORE FRIZZ in my hair, even when it is humid (and it gets humid in Texas!). I had tried Chi and had used one for years, but have never experienced this type of result. You HAVE to use the wet to dry first and your hair needs to be damp and you will get amazing results! My hair is so soft now and very straight (no more waves or frizz). I tried to take a shortcut and only use the regular Corioliss flat iron, and within a couple washes the frizz came back. So, I ALWAYS USE THE WET TO DRY, FOLLOWED BY THE REGULAR CORIOLISS THE NEXT MORNING. I only have to wash my hair every 2-3 days because it is so dry,so the straight hair lasts. NOW, ONE MORE THING, I USE STRAIGHT AND STYLE BY KEUNE AFTER EACH wash (hold factor 10) and with both products I HAVE NEVER BEEN HAPPIER WITH MY HAIR!!!!!
on December 3, 2013
I first purchased this item in June 2012. I liked it a lot, but ended up giving it away as a gift to my aunt because she liked it so much. I purchased it again almost 1.5 years later, but am only giving four stars because this time the item did not come with the heat-resistant storage pouch.
on October 29, 2014
Disappointed --- I returned this item as it was NOT dual voltage and would only work if I was in Europe with a European outlet. Maybe it was suppose to come with a DUAL voltage adapter, but mine did not
on December 7, 2015
This one don't dry the hair like the yellow plates.....this one is not the tourmaline ceramic. The one in the photo are WET TO DRY CARBON FIBER EDITION and don't dry the hair like the other one does
on July 5, 2009
love this iron! it is just as good as some twice the price, it has only one heat setting which is fine because I have thick hair, it is sooo much better than the cheapy irons!
on September 18, 2010
I have had this iron for just over a month. I love it! My hair looks and feels great after using it. Definitely worth the (excellent) price!
on November 16, 2011
This is so much faster and easier than drying first and then straightening, and it gives a better result. It works so well and lasts so long that one time, about three or four days in, I decided to use hot rollers for some soft curl and the curl did not stay in! My hair has a lot of body and the curl from hot rollers usually lasts for days but if you use this straightener, you have straight hair until you wash it again! Use some good styling product with it that is made for heat--I use Chi and it leaves my hair very soft. Love this crazy thing and so glad I found it and purchased it.
on July 16, 2014
Very disappointed with this product. I was trying to replace the previous corioliss iron I had that after 8 years gave out on me. Completely opposite of what I had. Wish I could return it. I emailed the company but never got a response back. Total Waste of money.
on January 3, 2014
I honestly don't think this product is the original, I bough an original 4 years ago, I paid $275 but is was worthy. It last me 4 years and my hair was silky shiny and pretty with my new item I don't get the same results.