1.0 out of 5 stars Worst product I've ever bought, January 21, 2008
This review is from: Cork Jet Pump Style Corkscrew
Hands down, this is the worst product I've ever purchased. The only thing it manages to do properly is put a hole in the cork. If this is all you want, then you're in luck. If you want the cork to actually *come out of the bottle*, go buy something else.

Now that I've been to other web sites and read reviews, I see that there are really mixed reviews on this particular product (I bought it when there were no reviews to be had). Apparently they must have a real quality issue with either design or manufacturing. In the end: If you buy this item, you might get a working one, or you might not. How lucky are you feeling today?

2.0 out of 5 stars Well, it does work..., May 28, 2009
This review is from: Cork Jet Pump Style Corkscrew
Bought this as a gift for someone, so I didn't have a chance to test it out until the day of giving the gift. After the person opened the gift, we tried it out on a bottle and sure enough, it did work. It's not the easiest thing to operate because you have to pierce the cork with the needle (hidden inside the handle) so that the gas can enter the bottle and force the cork out. I can't knock the product for not working but I still think a traditional bottle opener is easier and more reliable to use. I doubt the person I gave the gift to use still using it and honestly, I don't believe the thing has enough stored gas in it to open more than a few bottles, although they claim 40 bottles (replacement cartridges are easy to find at a hardware store).

1.0 out of 5 stars Worked, for a day..., May 6, 2010
This review is from: Cork Jet Pump Style Corkscrew
I bought this for my father at Christmas this past year. When he opened it we immediately popped two bottles of wine, wow, it worked great and was really slick! After that, my dad didn't have another bottle of wine for about a month, at which point he needed to open about 20 bottles for an event. He was stoked because this would surely make it easy! Well, he tried about 5 bottles and each failed to op the cork more than halfway out. Wow disappointment! Our guess is that the seal between the device and the CO2 cartridge is cheap and the CO2 slowly leaked out. Maybe this would be great if you wanted to drink 50 bottles of wine and use a full cylinder, or if you had a new cartridge every time you opened a bottle after a few days... Great concept, poor execution.

1.0 out of 5 stars You'll die of thirst before this opens your wine., June 16, 2009
Robert D. Conner (Avon Lake, OH United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Cork Jet Pump Style Corkscrew
Bought one of these as a gift and haven't been able to get it to successfully work even once. Does anyone have any tips for making this functional or is it just a poorly made product?