5.0 out of 5 stars Good for potty training

1.0 out of 5 stars Disappointed
Published on January 20, 2013 by Mamanbaby

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

1.0 out of 5 stars Disappointed, January 20, 2013
This review is from: Corolle Les Classiques Emma Drink-and-Wet Bath Baby Doll (Toy)
I thought this doll would be a hit with my 2.9 year old daughter. She loves dolls and doll play, and is potty training. I thought this one would capture her imagination. It didn't, and she doesn't use it. After the novelty of receiving it wore off (a couple of days), she resumed play with a softer, smaller doll, and has barely picked up this one. I notice she gets frustrated that the doll's arms have limited mobility. She wants the hands to come together to hold the pacifier and bottle, but the arms only go up and down. She also gets frustrated that she cannot pull up the underwear on her own. (The doll is made of a hard and inflexible plastic, and it is difficult even for me to pull up the tight underpants.) As for the fact that it can be given water and put on a potty to pee, she enjoys these features but not enough to spend time struggling to make these features work. In fact, she cannot independently get the doll to pee on demand, as it only works correctly in that manner if you feed it its bottle while it is seated on the potty. Obviously a toddler does not have the coordination to actually bottle feed a hard, non-pliable doll and also hold it upright on a potty, so that the water doesn't leak everywhere. Instead, my daughter uses this doll's binky and potty for comforting and pottying her other dolls. I attribute her lack of interest in this doll to the hardness of its body, the limited mobility of its arms, and the fact that she cannot manipulate this doll independently in the manner the doll is intended to work. Additionally, its baldness is a minus for my daughter, who enjoys touching the hair on the head of her other dolls. She has also expressed confusion about why a "tiny baby" would sit on a potty to pee, like a "big girl". This doll has the features of an eight month old baby, so it is illogical that such an infant-looking doll would be engaged in potty training. I thought my tot would overlook this fact, but she didn't. Overall this doll is WAY overpriced and is much ado about nothing. Thankfully I got it on sale for $37. Still, I view it as a wasted 37 dollars.

5.0 out of 5 stars Good for potty training, January 15, 2012
We bought this as part of the Potty Training in a Day push to get our 3 yo back into the potty after a relapse happened after we moved homes. The doll is cute and has the nice Corolle vanilla scent which is a nice change from the usual stinky plastic smell that these water-ok dolls often have. It worked well for the purpose of having my daughter teach the doll how to go potty and going through the process. Fair warning, the doll tended to leak when sat up with the bladder full, but this wasn't too much of a problem for our purpose- baby had an accident. Since it is used for "potty training" it would be nice if the doll was slightly more mature looking, since the 8 month old appearance and the bottle and pacifier are relatively age-inappropriate, but my daughter didn't seem to mind. Would be nice if it had even a sippy cup appearance for the bottle and maybe some hair on the head. We did end up losing the bottle, so that made the feed and pee function useless. We could buy another bottle, but I'm just not really that interested in doing so, and the doll has pretty well served it's purpose in the potty training department. My daughter just pretends the pee and poop now with the doll (I had put raisins in the potty initially- my daughter was shocked that the baby pooped!) Overall a good doll, would definitely recommend for potty training!

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect for my 4 yr old, January 21, 2013
My daughter loves this baby - she LOVES giving her a bath and feeding her... but putting her on the potty is the biggest thrill of all!!! lol

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect Doll for a Four-Year-Old, January 12, 2013
Our granddaughter wanted a doll she could bathe. The one really fits the ticket and is the right size for her to handle.

3.0 out of 5 stars Not for potty training, October 27, 2012
I bought this baby when I was potty training my daughter. It was recommended by the book I was using. Its the only doll that stated "pee's on demand"....well, she pottied right after drinking her bottle, not on demand. In order for this to actually work correctly, she had to drink while sitting on the potty chair. She then continued to leak even after she was emptied. My daughter loves this doll and plays with her all the time, but as an effective potty training tool...it didn't work out so well. Pretending with a doll would have been easier and less expensive.

5.0 out of 5 stars Corolle Makes a Great Baby Doll, June 11, 2013
We bought my oldest son the Carolle Drink-and-Wet doll when he was learning to potty train- we were using the potty train you child in one day book and bought this doll at the authors suggestion. I liked that they made a boy doll. When the doll arrived my husband and I were really impressed. Nice quality doll that smelled great and worked fantastic with the Potty Train Your Child In a Day method. It was the first non-action figure doll in our home and my son played with him a lot and named him baby Jack-Jack. We used him with our second son for potty training as well, and my oldest son still claims him as his own toy. We had our daughter and she loves all things baby dolls and we have the continual baby-snatching problem at our house-so after seven years of valued service we are buying baby Emma to give baby Jack-Jack some relief. She is all my daughter wants for her fourth birthday. Baby Jack-Jack is seven years old still smells like fresh baked sugar cookies and has all his limbs after numerous baby launching, bike-rides, and quests in space (we went through a Star Wars phase.) His eyes still open and shut and I love that I can buy preemie baby cloths on clearance at Target for $3 TO $5 dollars and they fit this doll. Can't wait to add baby Emma to our collection.

4.0 out of 5 stars Not so great for potty training., August 1, 2012
= Durability:5.0 out of 5 stars  = Fun:3.0 out of 5 stars  = Educational:2.0 out of 5 stars
We bought this doll for potty training in a day. The doll itself is great and my daughter loves that it can take a bath with her. But it wets as soon as you put water in it so the only way to avoid accidents all the time was to just not give it water and use slight of hand in the bathroom which I could have done just as well with a doll that looks potty-training age and is a fraction of the cost. Definitely disappointed in that regard.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Doll for bathing!, December 2, 2012
My Granddaughter wanted this doll when she saw that it could take a bath. She has not been disappointed! I would recommend this doll to anyone that wants to mimic mommy taking care of the baby.

1.0 out of 5 stars Buy this if you like wasting money, May 30, 2014
LiasMommy (Long Island, NY, USA) - See all my reviews
The bottle leaks when you squeeze it and a child can't actually get it in the mouth the right way in order to "feed" the doll, so water gets everywhere but inside the doll. With enough pressure and dexterity It takes about 15 minutes to get half a bottle full of water into the doll and then you have to push the tummy to make it pee. Basically if you like playing with toys while your child watches in frustration then buy this product. Very cheap quality and overpriced. For all the people writing positive reviews, I feel like you must have got a completely different doll. My husband thought it came from a dollar store.

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect for our needs, July 13, 2013
Some people have complained that the doll wets before getting to the potty. That is often true BUT if you only give her about a quarter of the bottle then there isn't' much of a problem. We used this to have a potty party and it really helped jump start the training efforts. My daughter still plays with this daily and although it was pricy, it was well worth the $$

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›