5.0 out of 5 stars This should be every child's first baby
Published on July 25, 2008 by Lorenn Schouppe Wright

3.0 out of 5 stars Not really worth it
Having our first girl after two boys, we were far from experts on baby dolls when we lost the one we had and needed a replacement. I chose this doll because of the sweet face and simplicity for a toddler. The face is sweet, and the smell is nice, and I am someone who avoids even scented diapers because of the irritating smell. My toddler has enjoyed the doll, and it is a...
Published 13 months ago by Jessica Morphs

5.0 out of 5 stars This should be every child's first baby, July 25, 2008
This review is from: Corolle Mon Premier Calin Charming Pastel Baby Doll (Toy)
She has the sweetest face and smells so good. I bought one for my (now) six-year-old when she 18 mos, and one for my two-year-old when she was born. They have both been cuddled, kissed, run through the dirt, accidentally drawn on with washable marker, dropped, thrown and washed and they are still as cute as ever. The beans in their bodies make them able to sit. My elder child's has seen some wear - her pinky finger has a hole in it from too much chewing and she's missing some eyelashes. For her sixth birthday she asked for another baby doll - just like hers only with a complete pinky finger and all her eyelashes! She informed me that she will still keep her original baby 'because she's special' but she really wanted another one that was whole. Neither of my girls will go anywhere overnight without their babies.

From a mom's POV, they're wonderful. They are adorable to look at, and weighted just right. Whey they do get drug through the dirt, or drawn on with washable marker, just slip them in a pillowcase and toss in the wash. I have even put them in the dryer. My only negative comment is that now the outfits that they come in are cheap. My youngest daughter's baby arrived in the outfit in the photo, and it's all pilled. My older daughter's first baby came in a beautiful cotton playsuit that has faded a bit, but is still soft and beautiful.

This is a wonderful gift for a mother-to-be as the comforting vanilla scent helps to calm the baby and as they get older, they will associate that smell with bedtime. As long as baby is around, bedtime is never a problem.

5.0 out of 5 stars Sweet, sweet baby...., May 24, 2007
L. Hayes "mrschassis@yahoo.com" (Carriere, Mississippi United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Corolle Mon Premier Calin Charming Pastel Baby Doll (Toy)
What a sweet little doll. Although, I really don't think this doll measures 12 inches, more like eight or nine, my 3-year-old daughter loves her. She is the perfect little doll for her to carry around, sing to sleep and take care of. My daughter loves her. And, it is so wonderful that she smells lightly of vanilla. Not overwhelming or overpowering at all. Just a wonderful doll. I am going to buy her another corolle doll next, the bigger size.

5.0 out of 5 stars Traded in the Les Clasiques for this one!, March 13, 2013
This review is from: Corolle Mon Premier Calin Charming Pastel Baby Doll (Toy)
I was looking for a doll for my soon to be 2 year old's birthday. After reading about dolls in general, I decided I definitely wanted Corolle dolls (I also have a 4 year old and bought her a Les Cheries). I originally bought the Les Classiques for the 2 year old based on the manufacturer's recommended age, but when I received it, I was very disappointed in how huge it was. Way too big for a 2 year old to carry around, and just looks wrong. I don't know why - just not the right size for a doll. The Les Cheries arrived the same day and I loved it - it will be perfect for my 4 year old, but I digress... so I returned the Les Classiques and thought I'd give this one a try. My other choice was getting a cloth waldorf-style doll. I really want a doll that will become "the" doll and have an heirloom quality to it. This doll arrived today and I love it. I mean, LOVE IT. It's the perfect size, has a very satisfying weight to it, and of course the vanilla smell is divine. The clothes are very simple and cute and easy to remove, and the hat is tight enough that I suspect it has a chance at staying on the doll's head for more than a few minutes :) The arms and legs and face details are so precious. I didn't realize how crappy our other dolls are until I saw this one. It's truly beautiful, like a real baby. Ultimately, though I tend to like more natural fabrics and toys and shy away from plastic, the vinyl body on this doll makes it more lifelike than any cloth doll will ever be, and I suspect my daughter will love it. I immediately just wanted to cuddle it when I saw it! If you're considering a doll for your toddler, I can't imagine something better than this.

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect First Doll, July 5, 2009
This review is from: Corolle Mon Premier Calin Charming Pastel Baby Doll (Toy)
We got this doll as a "first baby doll" for our then 17 month old daughter. She loved it instantly, and it has hardly left her side. Even though she has received several baby dolls since then, the Corolle doll remains her favorite. She is easy to dress and undress - key to the success of a doll to an almost 2 year old - and she has a sweet face with eyes that open and close. Just perfect.

5.0 out of 5 stars It's a Cute Doll, Don't Worry About the Teeth!, December 28, 2011
This review is from: Corolle Mon Premier Calin Charming Pastel Baby Doll (Toy)
Okay, seriously, I almost didn't buy this doll for our daughter because of the whole "baby with yellow teeth" thing that some others mentioned. Not that big of a deal. I noticed them when I first opened the box....they're TINY teeth, and not exactly white. But, I have since never noticed them nor has my 3 y.o. daughter. And yes people, babies do have teeth. This is NOT a newborn baby....at least my newborns never sat upright in a little chair! This is like a 6 month old or something, and they DO have teeth. So, for those reviewers freaking out about "newborn dolls with teeth"....it really wasn't an issue on our end.
Other than that! Very cute, small, soft baby, smells nice (not overpowering), and she's the new fave around here.

4.0 out of 5 stars Well loved!, October 18, 2006
My daughter got this doll for her first Christmas when she was [...] She is [...] now and still sleeps with "baby" every night. All 3 of my nieces also have this doll and loved it as well. It's a nice size, slightly smaller than most, and has a soft body. My daughter doesn't like to have clothes on her dolls, so my complaint is that the soft body is (was) white. It's filthy. I have machine washed it 2X, though I don't recommend. It's hard to get completely dry, and the material at the connections has weakened and has had to be sewn. The body shape has turned into a "pear," but my daughter doesn't seem to mind. The good baby powder smell is still there. Worth the cost.

5.0 out of 5 stars A wonderful doll..., August 6, 2011
Danielle (Santa Monica, CA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Corolle Mon Premier Calin Charming Pastel Baby Doll (Toy)
Such a beautiful, well made doll...seems so life-like and my almost 2 year old fell in love with her immediately. Perfect size to carry around anywhere and everywhere. Her mild scent is really nice. I spent a lot of time trying to find a non-toxic doll for my daughter. She has some fabric dolls that non-toxic and are lovely, but she is much more interested in plastic dolls, probably because they are more life-like. It seems there are no completely non-toxic plastic doll, but this doll is made of vinyl and had no noxious plastic smell at all. It is clearly very well made.

5.0 out of 5 stars Very sweet, first baby doll, January 6, 2012
This review is from: Corolle Mon Premier Calin Charming Pastel Baby Doll (Toy)
I bought two of these dolls for my 19 month old twins, and they really like them. Like others have said, they are a really good size for a toddler to carry around and they can be snuggled with at bedtime. I had read a few reviews with some concern about the "yellow teeth", and although they are more of an off white, they are not very noticeable and a child certainly won't care. The doll has a very sweet face (way better than anything I saw at the store) and the outfit is cute. I will definitely buy more dolls of this brand in the future.

5.0 out of 5 stars Very pleased., January 7, 2010
This review is from: Corolle Mon Premier Calin Charming Pastel Baby Doll (Toy)
This doll arrived shortly before Christmas at the same time as the Christening Corolle doll did. Love them both, as they are cuddly, and their faces are especially adorable. Had shopped local big box and toy stores and didn't find a doll nearly so pretty and practical. Don't need it to make noises; my two granddaughters provide the "talk". I measured, and unlike another reviewer, have found her to be exactly 12" tall, although she doesn't look it. Grandma will be busy sewing doll clothes.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great doll for a toddler!, December 7, 2008
Janie (Cleveland, OH) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Corolle Mon Premier Calin Charming Pastel Baby Doll (Toy)
I bought this doll for my daughter's second birthday. I also bought a Corolle Mini Calin doll for her first birthday, which is smaller - too small. This doll is the perfect size and weight for her. She plays with it almost every day -she feeds her and likes to sleep with her. The doll is adorable - she has a pretty face and my daughter loves that her eyes that open and close. Overall the quality is very good. My only complaint is that the fabric used for the outfit is cheap. It pills very easily and I'm not sure how well it will hold up when washed over time.

Corolle Mon Premier Calin Charming Pastel Baby Doll