5.0 out of 5 stars This should be every child's first baby
Published on July 25, 2008 by Lorenn Schouppe Wright

3.0 out of 5 stars Look Into my eye
After all the great reviews on these dolls, I was disappointed that one of our doll's eyes doesn't really open. It will open with a little shake or poke (not the best for teaching my daughter about how to be gentle with babies!). But other than that, it's been good. The problem with the eye wasn't something that happened over time, rather it came that way new. Luckily my...
Published 21 months ago by Looeybee

5.0 out of 5 stars This should be every child's first baby, July 25, 2008
This review is from: Corolle Mon Premier Calin Charming Pastel Baby Doll (Toy)
She has the sweetest face and smells so good. I bought one for my (now) six-year-old when she 18 mos, and one for my two-year-old when she was born. They have both been cuddled, kissed, run through the dirt, accidentally drawn on with washable marker, dropped, thrown and washed and they are still as cute as ever. The beans in their bodies make them able to sit. My elder child's has seen some wear - her pinky finger has a hole in it from too much chewing and she's missing some eyelashes. For her sixth birthday she asked for another baby doll - just like hers only with a complete pinky finger and all her eyelashes! She informed me that she will still keep her original baby 'because she's special' but she really wanted another one that was whole. Neither of my girls will go anywhere overnight without their babies.

From a mom's POV, they're wonderful. They are adorable to look at, and weighted just right. Whey they do get drug through the dirt, or drawn on with washable marker, just slip them in a pillowcase and toss in the wash. I have even put them in the dryer. My only negative comment is that now the outfits that they come in are cheap. My youngest daughter's baby arrived in the outfit in the photo, and it's all pilled. My older daughter's first baby came in a beautiful cotton playsuit that has faded a bit, but is still soft and beautiful.

This is a wonderful gift for a mother-to-be as the comforting vanilla scent helps to calm the baby and as they get older, they will associate that smell with bedtime. As long as baby is around, bedtime is never a problem.

5.0 out of 5 stars Sweet, sweet baby...., May 24, 2007
L. Hayes "mrschassis@yahoo.com" (Carriere, Mississippi United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Corolle Mon Premier Calin Charming Pastel Baby Doll (Toy)
What a sweet little doll. Although, I really don't think this doll measures 12 inches, more like eight or nine, my 3-year-old daughter loves her. She is the perfect little doll for her to carry around, sing to sleep and take care of. My daughter loves her. And, it is so wonderful that she smells lightly of vanilla. Not overwhelming or overpowering at all. Just a wonderful doll. I am going to buy her another corolle doll next, the bigger size.

5.0 out of 5 stars Traded in the Les Clasiques for this one!, March 13, 2013
This review is from: Corolle Mon Premier Calin Charming Pastel Baby Doll (Toy)
I was looking for a doll for my soon to be 2 year old's birthday. After reading about dolls in general, I decided I definitely wanted Corolle dolls (I also have a 4 year old and bought her a Les Cheries). I originally bought the Les Classiques for the 2 year old based on the manufacturer's recommended age, but when I received it, I was very disappointed in how huge it was. Way too big for a 2 year old to carry around, and just looks wrong. I don't know why - just not the right size for a doll. The Les Cheries arrived the same day and I loved it - it will be perfect for my 4 year old, but I digress... so I returned the Les Classiques and thought I'd give this one a try. My other choice was getting a cloth waldorf-style doll. I really want a doll that will become "the" doll and have an heirloom quality to it. This doll arrived today and I love it. I mean, LOVE IT. It's the perfect size, has a very satisfying weight to it, and of course the vanilla smell is divine. The clothes are very simple and cute and easy to remove, and the hat is tight enough that I suspect it has a chance at staying on the doll's head for more than a few minutes :) The arms and legs and face details are so precious. I didn't realize how crappy our other dolls are until I saw this one. It's truly beautiful, like a real baby. Ultimately, though I tend to like more natural fabrics and toys and shy away from plastic, the vinyl body on this doll makes it more lifelike than any cloth doll will ever be, and I suspect my daughter will love it. I immediately just wanted to cuddle it when I saw it! If you're considering a doll for your toddler, I can't imagine something better than this.

5.0 out of 5 stars A wonderful doll..., August 6, 2011
Danielle (Santa Monica, CA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Corolle Mon Premier Calin Charming Pastel Baby Doll (Toy)
Such a beautiful, well made doll...seems so life-like and my almost 2 year old fell in love with her immediately. Perfect size to carry around anywhere and everywhere. Her mild scent is really nice. I spent a lot of time trying to find a non-toxic doll for my daughter. She has some fabric dolls that non-toxic and are lovely, but she is much more interested in plastic dolls, probably because they are more life-like. It seems there are no completely non-toxic plastic doll, but this doll is made of vinyl and had no noxious plastic smell at all. It is clearly very well made.

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect First Doll, July 5, 2009
This review is from: Corolle Mon Premier Calin Charming Pastel Baby Doll (Toy)
We got this doll as a "first baby doll" for our then 17 month old daughter. She loved it instantly, and it has hardly left her side. Even though she has received several baby dolls since then, the Corolle doll remains her favorite. She is easy to dress and undress - key to the success of a doll to an almost 2 year old - and she has a sweet face with eyes that open and close. Just perfect.

5.0 out of 5 stars Very pleased., January 7, 2010
This review is from: Corolle Mon Premier Calin Charming Pastel Baby Doll (Toy)
This doll arrived shortly before Christmas at the same time as the Christening Corolle doll did. Love them both, as they are cuddly, and their faces are especially adorable. Had shopped local big box and toy stores and didn't find a doll nearly so pretty and practical. Don't need it to make noises; my two granddaughters provide the "talk". I measured, and unlike another reviewer, have found her to be exactly 12" tall, although she doesn't look it. Grandma will be busy sewing doll clothes.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great first doll, January 7, 2008
Amazon Customer (Fenton, MI United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Corolle Mon Premier Calin Charming Pastel Baby Doll (Toy)
This is my 16 month old daughter's first doll and we all love it very much. She has a 5 month old little sister and watches every move mommy makes and was really ready to care for her own baby. This doll is just the right size for her to do just that. She feeds her, puts her in the swing, diapers her and burps her. She is completely fascinated with the eyelashes, too. I am so glad we picked this soft, sweet smelling baby.

4.0 out of 5 stars Well loved!, October 18, 2006
My daughter got this doll for her first Christmas when she was [...] She is [...] now and still sleeps with "baby" every night. All 3 of my nieces also have this doll and loved it as well. It's a nice size, slightly smaller than most, and has a soft body. My daughter doesn't like to have clothes on her dolls, so my complaint is that the soft body is (was) white. It's filthy. I have machine washed it 2X, though I don't recommend. It's hard to get completely dry, and the material at the connections has weakened and has had to be sewn. The body shape has turned into a "pear," but my daughter doesn't seem to mind. The good baby powder smell is still there. Worth the cost.

5.0 out of 5 stars Soft doll, good to prepare a child for siblings, July 6, 2012
= Durability:5.0 out of 5 stars  = Fun:5.0 out of 5 stars
This review is from: Corolle Mon Premier Calin Charming Pastel Baby Doll (Toy)
This doll is cute and snuggly. The body is soft, and the baby's bottom is some sort of a buckwheat (little balls like the kind in the airplane pillows that wrap around your neck), to give it a bit more heft and actually allow her to "sit up" ...granted in a bit of a slouchy manner if she's not pushed into a tea party table. The outfit on the Mon Premier Calin in pink comes off, with a velcro attachment at the back, to reveal a sewn on one-piece undergarment. I liked this because we, of course, had to take it off and then she wasn't hanging around the house "naked." It was said that the baby doll was cold so the outfit went back on (though who knows where the cute hat went). The reviewer grossed out by the two tiny tiny teeth painted on that you only notice when you tip her upside down, needs to lighten up. Lots of babies have little budding teeth, and that's all I'd call them, not fangs or anything. The top lip hides them and we only saw them because we were seeing if a different brand baby bottle fit in her mouth (it didn't). My child was very excited to notice teeth and pointed to her own. I don't sense any big vanilla smell(I was thinking it was gonna be like those plug ins smelling up the room). Just kind of smells like a new baby doll. The eyelashes blink when you move the dolls' head, but I wouldn't say it's always consistent, like not always when you put her down. The doll's head can also be spun all the way around if you turn it, but it doesn't do this on it's own, it took some effort.

Because it is such a small and snuggly doll, I think this one would be a really good one to prepare an older sibling for the arrival of a new baby in the house. They sell dolls with hospital bracelets (which never made sense to me because they come off as soon as the real baby gets home), but I could see child #1 and the Corolle doll snuggled up with mommy and baby #2. I'd recommend it.

5.0 out of 5 stars It's a Cute Doll, Don't Worry About the Teeth!, December 28, 2011
This review is from: Corolle Mon Premier Calin Charming Pastel Baby Doll (Toy)
Okay, seriously, I almost didn't buy this doll for our daughter because of the whole "baby with yellow teeth" thing that some others mentioned. Not that big of a deal. I noticed them when I first opened the box....they're TINY teeth, and not exactly white. But, I have since never noticed them nor has my 3 y.o. daughter. And yes people, babies do have teeth. This is NOT a newborn baby....at least my newborns never sat upright in a little chair! This is like a 6 month old or something, and they DO have teeth. So, for those reviewers freaking out about "newborn dolls with teeth"....it really wasn't an issue on our end.
Other than that! Very cute, small, soft baby, smells nice (not overpowering), and she's the new fave around here.

Corolle Mon Premier Calin Charming Pastel Baby Doll