Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Corolle Mon Premier Calin Charming Pastel Baby Doll
Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Sun Care Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer CafeSociety CafeSociety CafeSociety  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Water Sports

on July 25, 2008
She has the sweetest face and smells so good. I bought one for my (now) six-year-old when she 18 mos, and one for my two-year-old when she was born. They have both been cuddled, kissed, run through the dirt, accidentally drawn on with washable marker, dropped, thrown and washed and they are still as cute as ever. The beans in their bodies make them able to sit. My elder child's has seen some wear - her pinky finger has a hole in it from too much chewing and she's missing some eyelashes. For her sixth birthday she asked for another baby doll - just like hers only with a complete pinky finger and all her eyelashes! She informed me that she will still keep her original baby 'because she's special' but she really wanted another one that was whole. Neither of my girls will go anywhere overnight without their babies.

From a mom's POV, they're wonderful. They are adorable to look at, and weighted just right. Whey they do get drug through the dirt, or drawn on with washable marker, just slip them in a pillowcase and toss in the wash. I have even put them in the dryer. My only negative comment is that now the outfits that they come in are cheap. My youngest daughter's baby arrived in the outfit in the photo, and it's all pilled. My older daughter's first baby came in a beautiful cotton playsuit that has faded a bit, but is still soft and beautiful.

This is a wonderful gift for a mother-to-be as the comforting vanilla scent helps to calm the baby and as they get older, they will associate that smell with bedtime. As long as baby is around, bedtime is never a problem.
on October 31, 2014
I have another doll, just like this one (different clothes, an older model) and it has lasted almost a year and a half now. It has been great. I ordered this doll 5 months ago and it has ripped right across the seam from armpit to armpit. The fabric it is made of frays so easily, that it is impossible to restitch. It will not hold the stitch. This would not be a huge issue, if the doll were not so expensive. I have tried to contact Amazon about it, and they say that too much time has passed, which I understand. I have tried to contact Corolle, and there has been no response. I'm now left with a sad little girl, and an expensive, useless doll.

Update: I finally got a response from Corolle and they said that they have a 1 year warranty on all of their products, and to contact the retailer where I purchased it to get another. I called Amazon again and explained what Corolle told me, and they agreed to replace the doll. I am, of course, happy with this result, and since they back their products, would have no problem ordering from them again.
review image
on March 13, 2013
I was looking for a doll for my soon to be 2 year old's birthday. After reading about dolls in general, I decided I definitely wanted Corolle dolls (I also have a 4 year old and bought her a Les Cheries). I originally bought the Les Classiques for the 2 year old based on the manufacturer's recommended age, but when I received it, I was very disappointed in how huge it was. Way too big for a 2 year old to carry around, and just looks wrong. I don't know why - just not the right size for a doll. The Les Cheries arrived the same day and I loved it - it will be perfect for my 4 year old, but I digress... so I returned the Les Classiques and thought I'd give this one a try. My other choice was getting a cloth waldorf-style doll. I really want a doll that will become "the" doll and have an heirloom quality to it. This doll arrived today and I love it. I mean, LOVE IT. It's the perfect size, has a very satisfying weight to it, and of course the vanilla smell is divine. The clothes are very simple and cute and easy to remove, and the hat is tight enough that I suspect it has a chance at staying on the doll's head for more than a few minutes :) The arms and legs and face details are so precious. I didn't realize how crappy our other dolls are until I saw this one. It's truly beautiful, like a real baby. Ultimately, though I tend to like more natural fabrics and toys and shy away from plastic, the vinyl body on this doll makes it more lifelike than any cloth doll will ever be, and I suspect my daughter will love it. I immediately just wanted to cuddle it when I saw it! If you're considering a doll for your toddler, I can't imagine something better than this.
on May 24, 2007
What a sweet little doll. Although, I really don't think this doll measures 12 inches, more like eight or nine, my 3-year-old daughter loves her. She is the perfect little doll for her to carry around, sing to sleep and take care of. My daughter loves her. And, it is so wonderful that she smells lightly of vanilla. Not overwhelming or overpowering at all. Just a wonderful doll. I am going to buy her another corolle doll next, the bigger size.
on July 5, 2009
We got this doll as a "first baby doll" for our then 17 month old daughter. She loved it instantly, and it has hardly left her side. Even though she has received several baby dolls since then, the Corolle doll remains her favorite. She is easy to dress and undress - key to the success of a doll to an almost 2 year old - and she has a sweet face with eyes that open and close. Just perfect.
on August 6, 2011
Such a beautiful, well made doll...seems so life-like and my almost 2 year old fell in love with her immediately. Perfect size to carry around anywhere and everywhere. Her mild scent is really nice. I spent a lot of time trying to find a non-toxic doll for my daughter. She has some fabric dolls that non-toxic and are lovely, but she is much more interested in plastic dolls, probably because they are more life-like. It seems there are no completely non-toxic plastic doll, but this doll is made of vinyl and had no noxious plastic smell at all. It is clearly very well made.
on October 13, 2014
Are you kidding me?! Unbelievable!

1. Sit: No support. Curl up. Unlike the picture.

2. Lie: No support. Face down. Unlike the picture.

3. eyes open when sleeping.

4. Really really small.

How do you guys make her like the pictures on website?
on December 9, 2013
LOVE this doll. I wanted a realistic looking doll for our 1.5 year old daughter to help her prepare to be a big sister. This doll was exactly what I was looking for.

- The vanilla smell is NOT too strong, you notice it at first and then you only notice it when you put your nose directly on the doll's head. This is coming from someone who is pregnant (so smells are stronger and more annoying) and hates vanilla. I can only assume the people complaining about the smell are basing this just of off the first encounter or they have a crazy impressive nose

- The size is perfect for little toddlers. At first I was almost disappointed by the size, even though i read the description and knew it would be little but for a toddler the size is proportional. Do not get this doll if you want it to be life size, you will be disappointed. Your toddler, will not be disappointed, however, because his/her little doll with be very easy to carry and play with

- I love that this doll has the nice bean-bag like body. I found myself wanting to snuggle and hold this doll myself!

- I love that this doll is just a doll, no batteries needed, no annoying crying or sucking, just a cute classic doll with eyes that open when propped up and close when laying down.

- I don't know why people complain about the teeth. I think they must be looking for things to complain about. The teeth are only noticeable when you tip her head back and even then, they dont scream at you. They are really very subtle. I probably wouldnt have noticed them at all if I hadnt read reviews about people complaining about them.

-You can't force your kid to love a toy, that being said for MY 1.5 year old daughter loves this doll. She was in awe of it from the first moment she saw it. She was almost nervous to touch it at first, she has never responded that way to another toy before. At first she would gently touch her face or give her kisses and then gently hold her. This is by far her favorite toy. I think she has turned this doll into a "lovey" She is not as gentle and nice to her now that she has had her for a few weeks but she still loves her. So far this doll has held up well to being "fed" snacks and grubby little hands rubbed all over her clothes as well as being dropped and slept on.

-The outfit the doll comes with is cute like another review mentioned, it has pilled. But my daughter couldnt care less about that. I have washed it once and it came out fine. It is really easy to get the doll dressed, so if your child is constantly asking you to dress and undress their doll this one is pretty painless (can't speak for any other outfits as this is the only one we have)

-The hat stays on great during play or travel but if your toddler is like mine, expect that it will probably be ripped off in about 2 seconds. Not a big deal, and the doll's head is cute so I actually think it looks cuter without it

Bottom line:
Such an adorable doll! We don't spend a lot of toys so this was a splurge for us, but it was well worth it. Yes you could get a different doll for cheaper, but it wouldnt be as cute or as thoughtfully designed. If you are looking for that "classic" baby doll this is it. I will definitely be buying another bigger corolle doll when my daughter gets older.
on December 28, 2011
Okay, seriously, I almost didn't buy this doll for our daughter because of the whole "baby with yellow teeth" thing that some others mentioned. Not that big of a deal. I noticed them when I first opened the box....they're TINY teeth, and not exactly white. But, I have since never noticed them nor has my 3 y.o. daughter. And yes people, babies do have teeth. This is NOT a newborn baby....at least my newborns never sat upright in a little chair! This is like a 6 month old or something, and they DO have teeth. So, for those reviewers freaking out about "newborn dolls with teeth"....it really wasn't an issue on our end.
Other than that! Very cute, small, soft baby, smells nice (not overpowering), and she's the new fave around here.
on January 7, 2010
This doll arrived shortly before Christmas at the same time as the Christening Corolle doll did. Love them both, as they are cuddly, and their faces are especially adorable. Had shopped local big box and toy stores and didn't find a doll nearly so pretty and practical. Don't need it to make noises; my two granddaughters provide the "talk". I measured, and unlike another reviewer, have found her to be exactly 12" tall, although she doesn't look it. Grandma will be busy sewing doll clothes.