1,540 Reviews
 (1,173)

5.0 out of 5 stars excellent memory for a MBP 2011 i5 13'
This memory is great for my new MBP 2011, i5 13", also when Mac OS detects 8 Gb of memory, the graphic memory increases up to 512 Mb (from the original 384 Mb w/ the integrated intel hd3000 chip)
Published on March 25, 2011 by J. H. L

3.0 out of 5 stars Wrong Speed
The memory was received and installed without incident. However, when I was reviewing the Dell Support Center memory details, I noticed that one of the sticks was reporting at 1067MHz instead of 1333MHz. I then removed both sticks and compared the part numbers on the labels and on the chips themselves and they matched. I received the replacement memory a couple of days...
Published on March 30, 2011 by waldo563

5.0 out of 5 stars excellent memory for a MBP 2011 i5 13', March 25, 2011
J. H. L (MIAMI, FLORIDA USA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Corsair 8GB (2x 4GB) 1333mhz PC3-10666 204-pin DDR3 SODIMM Laptop Memory Kit CMSO8GX3M2A1333C9 (Personal Computers)

5.0 out of 5 stars Works on a February 2011 MacBook Pro 15 inch, March 16, 2011
Plugged it in, put the back cover back on, fired it up holding down the D key to run the memory test. Memory test ran OK. Restarted.

"About This Mac" shows "Memory 8 GB 1333 MHz DDR3."

Note: After removing 10 screws, the back cover remains retained by two plastic clips near the center. Pry it up gently and it pops off.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great memory for a new 2011 Mac Mini, July 28, 2011
I just purchased a new 2011 base model Mac Mini with 2GB of memory. Instead of paying Apple the $300 they want to upgrade the memory to 8GB I searched Amazon and found this option for one fifth the price. I'm not a "tech guy" but removing the two 1GB cards that came installed in the Mac and replacing them with these two 4GB was easily completed in less than five minutes. Everything is running smoothly with no problems to date.

5.0 out of 5 stars Works great on new iMac 27" (mid 2011), May 17, 2011
JFLY (New York, NY) - See all my reviews
I had no issues at all using it with my new iMac 27" (mid 2011). I have a lot of graphic programs open and it runs very smooth. I use photoshop CS5, flash CS5 and aperture mostly. Installation took less that 5 minutes.

5.0 out of 5 stars Working perfectly in early 2011 MBP, March 12, 2012
Installation was a cinch into my early 2011 MBP and all 16GB was detected correctly and working. After reading so many bad reviews of other vendor 2x8Gb packages I ran several memory tests to make sure mine were working fine (test run on each SoDIMM individually and as a pair). No errors reported in Tech Tool Pro, rember, and single user mode memtest. Each test ran three times on each configuration without error.

I'd say that they are working pretty well. ;)

Next up is a Win 7 laptop but I expect that it will also work out perfectly.

5.0 out of 5 stars excellent value, March 23, 2012
I have installed thousands (I am not joking, 2000+) of Corsair memory modules and I have run into only two incidents that needed replacement. I have installed dozens of these 8GB modules in recent months as prices started to drop to a level where there is no reason to consider 4GB x 2 or 4GB x 4 anymore.

When I needed replacement (non so far on the 8GB modules) on the other Corsair memory modules, the service was prompt either over the phone or over web.

One caution: If you have iMacs and you are installing the RAM, be sure to use a solid object (not your fingers) to push the ram module evenly and firmly into the memory slot. This applies to ALL brands. A slip of finger or finger nail could easily dislodge soldered components that are near the edge of the printed-circult board.

5.0 out of 5 stars Works like a charm!, May 3, 2012
Used these to upgrade my 2011 27" iMac to 32 GB of RAM since I use virtual machines quite a bit and also do a lot of video conversion (Apple states that the 2011 models can support up to 16GB, but they actually support twice that amount). They work flawlessly and I am very happy with the purchase.

5.0 out of 5 stars What a deal, March 1, 2011
John S. Dean "John" (Sturtevant, WI United States) - See all my reviews
(TOP 500 REVIEWER)
Just replaced my 2 month old 15" macbook pro with the newest i7 model they released a few days ago. So my old 8GB wasn't compatible anymore. Only about 5 months ago that older style memory cost me not quite three times what this newer RAM cost.
Got it installed without any issues in the laptop, booted up fine, works fine.
Best price I found, can't believe how cheaply I got this new laptop up to 8GB.

Edit - worked great on my new 2011 Mac Mini as well, now has 8GB.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great memory for MacBook Pro, March 29, 2012
Scott (New York, NY) - See all my reviews
With prices for 16GB memory packs falling fast, I figured it was time to upgrade my 13" 2011 MacBook Pro from 4GB - an amount that seemed more than enough when I got it (running Snow Leopard), but turned out to be too little once I had been using Lion for a while.

Given the issues a number of reviewers have had with no-name memory (especially in this size/capacity), I wanted to go with a name brand. And the Corsair memory was a great choice. Computer started up fine after installing, and a memory test showed that both sticks are fine. No issues after a few days use.

16GB may still be more expensive than 8GB, but for me the ability to now run Lightroom, Photoshop CS5 and CS6, and a virtual machine all at the same time has been great. Highly recommended for anyone who multitasks on a 2011 MBP with big, RAM-hungry apps.

5.0 out of 5 stars Awsome for an IMAC, April 23, 2011
Let's start by saying for the 27"Imac with the I7 processor this memory works great. Was a PC guy for years (25 plus) NEVER has the installation of memory been easier. What a value, IApple wants to charge their ridiculous prices for their memory well stick it to them and order this instead. Running with 12gig of ram has never been easier (4 came with the imac plus this 8).

Rate and Discover Movies