5.0 out of 5 stars Fine DDR2 modules, no problem here
My set works great, passes Memtest86+ test, no problem.

Published on February 17, 2012 by John Woods

1.0 out of 5 stars bad package
this memory, if packaged correctly, would get five stars. the problem is, if you ship memory in a flexable envelope,
that envelope will get bent in shippment. if you bend memory even a small amount, the solder joints will come lose,
and the memory will not work. i can't belive amazon is so stupid as to not know that.
Published on November 29, 2012 by Clifford S. Shaw

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Fine DDR2 modules, no problem here, February 17, 2012
John Woods "TObject" (San Diego, CA, United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Corsair 4GB (2x2GB) DDR2 800 MHz (PC2 6400) Desktop Memory (VS4GBKIT800D2) (Personal Computers)
My set works great, passes Memtest86+ test, no problem.

As this is 240-pin DDR2 SDRAM memory, chances are, you are buying it for an older computer. If this computer runs a 32-bit operating system, it is very likely the operating system can only use up to 4 GB of memory total, - though some, such as Enterprise editions of Windows Server with Physical Address Extension (PAE) can use more. As such, you may want to just completely replace memory sticks in the computer with these, instead of installing them in addition to the old ones.

The paragraph above does not apply to 64-bit operating systems; those can use heaps more memory.

These memory modules are PC2-6400 (utilizing DDR2-800 chips). You can use them instead of slower modules no problem.

For example, if your computer needs PC2-5300/5400 (DDR2-667), PC2-4200/4300 (DDR2-533), or PC2-3200 (DDR2-400) you can use these instead, just fine.
The Voltage is standard for DDR2, 1.8V. It is with newer DDR3 you have to worry about different voltages; not with these.

Note that these are non-ECC, non-registered, and non-buffered modules, meant for desktop computers. If you are buying memory for a server or a Xeon workstation, check if it calls for ECC memory, then these will not work.

Also, these will not work in most notebooks. And do not try to put them in computers that need even older DDR or newer DDR3 memory.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Memory, October 13, 2011
I already own two sticks of the particular memory in my system. I am a builder and I focus on quality and value when I shop for components to add to my system. This RAM is an excellent value for its specs. It is a great middle of the road memory for PC2 memory modules. It has great timings and has not failed me yet. All of this leads to why I have purchased two more to bring my system up to 8 gig. Corsair is an excellent provider of memory. i have been a fan of them for many years. As always its easy to install and then you just turn your computer on and watch it fly. I recommend this memory to anyone looking for a good HIGH quality product at a reasonable price!

**Update** 4/16/2014
After nearly three years later, these stick are still kicking butt! I have built a better machine but I still use the machine these are in for my everyday computing stuff i.e. MSO etc. It was pushed hard though during its primary phase. Which goes to show, again that corsair, be it either value or premium ram, last a long time and can take on even the heaviest of users.

5.0 out of 5 stars Works great, February 1, 2010
Installed in a Dell optiplex GX745 running windows 7 Home Premium. No suprises. Works great.

5.0 out of 5 stars Worth the money, November 19, 2009
The price for this is a great deal, i got it when it was $84! I wanted to get my pc up to 8gb of ram and since the manufacturer had already four sticks in there 2x2gbs and 2x1gbs. I needed to replace the 2x1gbs sticks. So i started searching around and I was really considering getting a pair with heating sinks but really for the price i could just add an extra fan. So far i haven't had any problems, i just snapped them in turned on the computer, and check to see and the extra space showed up.

5.0 out of 5 stars What the Doctor ordered!, September 13, 2012
Switched from Windows 7 32bit with 2g to 64bit with 8g. It's like night and day with it. Best bang for the buck, bought 2 obviously so I could have 8g. Corsair have been around for a long time, a brand you can trust (plus my power supply is by them as well). If looking for upgrading, can't go wrong with the memory.

5.0 out of 5 stars CORSAIR MEMORY FOR PC, August 29, 2011
Excellent in all aspect. I ordered online got the delivery within 7 days and installed the memory. My desktop computer now just flies. It is the best memories I have had so far.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great buy, January 23, 2014
These memory strips really helped speed up my computer. I would recommend that anyone who has the slots available for extra memory in their computers, buy these to speed up your computer.

5.0 out of 5 stars Works great, October 30, 2013
No problems. It's ram. It works just fine! I run this on a machine that I make music on and it works great!

5.0 out of 5 stars What I was looking for, September 15, 2013
I needed to add more memory to my desktop computer and this memory was exactly what I was looking for.
Good speed, good Price.

5.0 out of 5 stars Flawless upgrade, September 7, 2013
This are an EXACT match with my existing memory sticks and by adding them to the open slots I doubled my RAM. Such an easy upgrade and so worth the money if your system has a bottleneck in RAM like I did. These plus a Solid State Drive (SSD) saved me from having to buy a new computer!!

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›