|RAM||4 GB DDR3|
|Memory Speed||2133 MHz|
Corsair CMT16GX3M4X2133C9 Dominator 16GB DDR3 2133 MHz (PC3-17066) Desktop Memory
- Density: 16GB (4x4GB Module)
- Speed: PC3-17066 (2133MHz)
- Timing: 9-11-10-27
- Type: DDR3 Quad Channel
- XMP: version 1.3
Customers Who Viewed This Item Also Viewed
Top Customer Reviews
EVGA X58 Classified 3XSLI motherboard (Model E760) BIOS 83
Intel Core i7 980X CPU @ 4.2Ghz
12GB Corsair DDR3 2133Mhz 9-11-10-27 @ 1T Command Rate @ 1.5V O.o
3 x EVGA GTX580 SC cards in 3-way SLI
4 x OCZ Vertex 2 240GB SSDs in RAID 0
Silverstone ST1500 1500 Watt power supply
The pros and cons of this product are as follows:
1) Operates at low latencies which is just incredible given the speed and amount of memory on each stick. The memory operators nominally at 9-11-10-27 @ 1T Command Rate...YES, that's 1T Command Rate which is not listed in the specifications (in my case, only 12GB since the X58 chipset on my motherboard only supports a tri-channel memory setup; the fourth stick is in my computer drawer for now until I upgrade to Intel's Ivy Bridge CPU in April!)
2) Operates at an incredibly low 1.5V (my old Corsair 6GB 2000Mhz DDR3 kit operated at 1.65V)
3) Operates just fine in dual, triple, and quad-channel memory configurations!
1) Cost - yes, other companies also have 2133Mhz DDR3 12GB and 16GB kits, but nothing compares to Corsairs product quality, warranties and customer support!
2) Kit does not include the Airflow Pro LED Indicator ($55 sold separately, and yes Amazon sells it) - luckily I already had one that I bought for my previous Corsair Dominator GT memory kit
3) Not much room left to overclock beyond 2133Mhz, but that's to be expected given the low latencies of the memory
Do yourself a favor and get yourself a set of this memory - you won't be disappointed!
Overall, I LOVE Corsair. They are a fantastic company with some of the most knowledgable tech support I've ever had the privilege to speak with.
Keep in mind 2133 MHz is an over Clocked speed and you need a Motherboard, BIOS, and CPU that can recongnize and handle that speed, otherwise it will default to a slower speed.
Most Recent Customer Reviews
Corsair has always been good to me! These ram chips meet or exceed product specifications and are reliable. Currently I am at 64 gigs all of which are these Ram chips.Published 20 months ago by editorizer
Great memory, fast, fast, fast.
used it about one year in my computer, rampage iv extreme, 2x GTX 580 classified hydro.
I was a little squeamish about paying 250.00 for RAM, however, once again, Corsair always delivers top notch RAM with performance EVERY TIME. Read morePublished on February 5, 2013 by Gannon
i had purchased this to be used on my Desktop which was intended to be built for some heavy testing with Vmware. Read morePublished on December 19, 2012 by Jay
I recently built a high-end Home Theater PC (HTPC) and wanted 16GB of the fastest memory I could find. Read morePublished on December 9, 2012 by Busy Executive
Corsair is a great company with great products.
This is the best memory I have every purchased.
I am well pleased with the performance of my PC now.
32 Gb rig, thanks to this 16 gb kit added to the 16 gb I already add overclocked at 2133 MHz and still capable of using 1T command rate stable is outstanding,Published on November 24, 2012 by Patrick A. Baptiste