5.0 out of 5 stars good value
Seems well built, waterproof case a plus, a little bulky but still OK. Got average 70read and 33Mb/s write on USB 3.0 and 25Mb/s read/20Mb/s write on USB 2.0
Published on February 11, 2012 by Doc Schreiber

1.0 out of 5 stars Barely USED it and it gave me problems during a DJ set!
Published 22 months ago by DJ Alex Cohen

5.0 out of 5 stars good value, February 11, 2012
This review is from: Corsair Flash Survivor 32GB USB 3.0 (CMFSV3-32GB) (Personal Computers)

5.0 out of 5 stars Invincible Media, January 13, 2012
I owned the original version of the USB drive, and I have to say, its one of the toughest things I've ever owned. I got it after the previous 2 thumb drives of mine were destroyed by careless co-workers (One crushed underfoot, one rolled over and broken when they flipped the laptop it was hooked into over). I went online, saw what was claimed to be an indestructible USB drive, and thought that I'd make Corsair eat their words. In the end, I ate mine.

This thumb drive lasted 12 months of duty in Iraq, being in my pocket every day. It got dropped off two story buildings, stomped on by boots, subjected to my co-workers carelessness, and it still ran fine. I then began testing the device - I drowned it in water for 3 days, and not a drop pierced the case. Running it over with a 4 ton military vehicle had no affect. 20 seconds under a butane torch amounted to nothing more then the case's ridged design being melted into my hand for months.

3 years after purchase, the thumb drive finally took a hit. The external case can be easily smashed ever so slightly if the USB core is not inside. 5 years after purchase, when I was bored one night, I decided to open the USB stick up and see if I could replace the innards with a larger model. Unfortunately, I tore the grounding out in the process. And the thumb drive still works.

This drive is not the fastest in the market - In fact, it appears its speed has not increased one bit since I bought mine oh so long ago. If you need to carry your data around in a device that will under no circumstances ever die, then this is it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Crazy Strong Flashdrive, February 5, 2012
Bought it after almost breaking my old flashdrive and I love how it reads/writes at 30 and 26MB/s on usb 2.0
I don't need it to be waterproof to 200 meters but certainly helps knowing it won't have problems in a small puddle and it's fun to know you can step on it with no problem
all I need now is to have a computer with usb 3.0

4.0 out of 5 stars Good speed and ruggedness, BUT built backwards, February 19, 2012
Like the speed and ruggedness , BUT it's built backwards. Without this flaw I would have given it five stars.

By being built backward I mean the part with the flash drive attaches to my key ring. This means that in order to plug the flash drive into my computer I have to take the device off of my key ring, unscrew the cover from the flash drive, put the cover in my pocket so I don't lose it, and then plug the flash drive into my computer.

If, instead of the flash drive, the cover attached to my key ring using it would be much simpler - I could leave the cover attached to my key ring, unscrew the flash drive from it, and plug the flash drive into my computer.

5.0 out of 5 stars Best flash dive I own., August 20, 2013
I have several flash drives to keep my personal data and work data always with me, and this is by far the best one. It has absolutely phenomenal transfer speeds when connected to a USB 3 port. When connected to a USB 2 port is has slightly quicker transfer speeds than my other drives. The amount of storage is great, I probably won't ever have to buy another drive again. The design of the case is great, it has an o-ring seal so that water can't get in and it seems very sturdy.

Update: I like this drive so much that I purchased the black version so that I can put all my bootable OS's on it. Now I have a bootable flash drive with Widows, Ubuntu, and several other flavors of Linux and they all run so much quicker than on a USB 2 device.

1.0 out of 5 stars Barely USED it and it gave me problems during a DJ set!, November 13, 2012
I bought this thinking it's USB 3.0 and fast. It started working fast for the first two shows I did and then the last time I used it it stopped during my set. I am a person who takes care of my music and belongings. If you're gonna use it just to store docs and pics then yes it is the right tool, if it is going to be used to play media, then STAY AWAY and get something else that's better and reliable.

Just my 2 cents on it....

5.0 out of 5 stars User friendly right out of the package!, July 20, 2012
CatMom3 "Mewkew3" (San Francisco Bay Area, CA) - See all my reviews
There is no need to format a driver in this... it comes ready to plug in and use. The driver it comes loaded with is the most efficient for its performance. Changing the driver in it can reduce the performance as it is MADE TO WORK WITH the preloaded driver.

I am not technical but even I can plug it in and copy files from my hard drive to this jump key. I love that it is waterproof up to 200 meters... and I love that if a neighbor's child drops it I don't have to scream. I have called Corsair and suggested they put on their packaging in bold print that it is most efficient with the preloaded driver which is both Mac and PC compatible as most of the lower ratings come from those who tried to change it from Fat 32 to something else.

Left in FAT 32, it may well outsurvive its expectations. :-)

5.0 out of 5 stars Beastly drive, May 22, 2012
This is an interesting USB drive. I normally like smaller, sleeker flashdrives but I tend to lose them at a rate of about 1 a month. Due to the size and bulk of this device, I don't think I'm going to be losing it anytime soon.

It's my first USB 3.0 drive, and it's definitely fast. Also 32 GB is pretty hefty; you're not going to have much if anything that doesn't fit on here (within reason).

My only advice is to be wary taking this on a plane because it looks like a miniature pipe-bomb, and I'm not sure yelling "it's only adventure proof" is going to count for much as TSA tackles you to the ground and proceeds to strip search / violate you in front of hundreds of people.

The manufacturer commented on the review belowSee comments
1.0 out of 5 stars Did not work - RMA process lacked model number, June 7, 2012
The first day Windows insisted on formatting it every time I inserted it. Afterwards, no PC could recognize it. Corsair support does not have my model (CMFSV3-32GB) so I can't use their standard RMA process. I haven't tried Corsair before but will probably avoid in the future -- I've never had issues with Patriot or Transcend. I just wanted to try the "rugged" case of this. But it's probably just as easy to buy a separate rugged USB thumb drive case, and then you could just keep upgrading the stick you put inside it.

stem
The manufacturer commented on this review(What's this?)
Posted on Jun 14, 2012 1:53:04 PM PDT
Dear Kevin C. Saff,

We're sorry for the inconvenience, please contact our Customer Service Department at 888-222-4346.

Corsair Customer Support

5.0 out of 5 stars Corsair Knows USB Storage, December 19, 2011
I became a fan of Corsair about 5 years ago, and that 4gb is still running today. Through ups and downs with a few other brand USB's I decided to return as I needed a larger storage stick. I was thinking of going with the normal Corsair style but ended up on this because it looked cool. ha.

Holds up to the Corsair name to a T. Fast transfer and in no way are you going to damage this thing. This stick was built to last. I have all Macs so can't weigh in on the USB 3.0 feature.

As others have said, it didn't come with a lanyard, yet it does have a spot for it. It is a little awkward in the pocket, so throw it in your bag and forget about it being damaged. I don't think a Terminator itself could harm this thing, as it does look like the chip from T2.

Great price and great device.

Corsair Flash Survivor   32GB USB 3.0 (CMFSV3-32GB)
$59.99 $41.15
In stock. Usually ships within 3 to 4 days.
Rate and Discover Movies