5.0 out of 5 stars Priced so right I got 16Gigs in my computer
This is the best deal on the web. Fast & Stable, overclockable to 1600Mhz, and Corsair tech support is helpful and knowledgeable. Best ram purchase I've made in nearly 10 years. At $125.99 from one of these seller, I brought 2 boxes of these ram sticks to future proof my system for the price of 8GB of RAM anywhere else.

My system: AMD X6 Thuban Black edition...
Published on November 19, 2010 by Tech Friendly

3.0 out of 5 stars Good Memory but ...
If your building a PC using the FoxConn H67S mini-itx motherboard ...don't buy this memory! If you like lots of BSOD's from Windows 7 then hit the "Add to Cart" button ... I dare you!

Buy the Corsair XMS3 DDR3 1600MHz version instead ... works perfectly!

For the life of me, I can't understand why the 1333MHz version doesn't work and the 1600MHz does...
Published 24 months ago by FarmGirl

5.0 out of 5 stars Priced so right I got 16Gigs in my computer, November 19, 2010
This review is from: Corsair XMS3 8 GB (2 x 4GB) 1333 MHz PC3-10666 240-Pin DDR3 Memory Kit CMX8GX3M2A1333C9 (Personal Computers)

My system: AMD X6 Thuban Black edition overclocked to 4.2GHz
Asus Crosshair IV Mobo
Asus 5870 V2 overclocked to 1000 MHz core clock ASUS Radeon HD5870 1 GB GDDR5 PCI-Express Graphics Card EAH5870/G/2DIS/1GD5/V2
Corsair 16 GB Ram overclocked to 1600MHz
10.5 Terabytes of Hard Drive space

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Ram, Great Price., February 17, 2011
Hi, I got this ram for a Core i7 875K rig. Works perfectly @ 1333 9-9-9-24 speeds. Remember you have to enable XMP or else it will default to 1066 Mhz speeds. I can't wait to buy another 8GB!

5.0 out of 5 stars Works on AMD Phenom II 965 and 1100T, April 11, 2011
There are lots of good reviews on this product, I just wanted to add that it works on my MSI 790GX-G65 and an AMD Phenom II 965 Black Edition. I'm using it with 4GB of Corsair (same model but less capacity), for a total of 12 Gb. No problems - just install and let it rip! I am not overclocking anything, and the CPU cooling is stock.

EDIT: I am now using this with an ASUS Sabertooth 990 FX motherboard and AMD Phenom II X6 1100T, and it works fine.

5.0 out of 5 stars Highly recommended., September 20, 2011
My Dell 9100 had 6 x 2GB memory which I chose to upgrade to 6 x 4 GB, admittedly overkill, but I deal with large graphics files, often open contemporaneously in Photoshop CS5 and when edited, frequently, in 16 bit color, reach over 1 GB in size. Also, I often work with Illustrator open at the same time, so memory resources can be challenged. With large amounts of RAM, less is relegated to the much slower virtual memory on the hard disk.

When I installed the two 3 x 4 GB kits, the computer booted normally and worked well in all respects, both cold and hot; however, interestingly, the memory(as a whole) did not pass the Windows 7 Memory Diagnostics test. I'm not sure what this means since usually faulty memory causes crashes or will not even allow the machine to boot. I did not try the "memory dance" to isolate which sticks were perhaps suboptimal, but rather I decided to return the whole order as defective and request a replacement. I have to congratulate Amazon for facilitating the exchange, mailing out the replacement memory within one business day with no shipping charge, and accepting the return their prepaid shipping via UPS to them.

The replacement memory also functioned perfectly normally, and passed the diagnostics as well, so I suspect there was probably some minor defect in one or more of the initial modules which might have more likely led to failure down the line, but I do not know that for certain.

Corsair is a first line brand of memory so that customers should not feel that this ridiculously low price is indicative of "bargain basement" type of hardware. Any batch of RAM can have an occasional bad module, and is no reason to demote the value of the product. It is truly unbelievable how the cost of quality RAM has dropped precipitously over the past several years, as I clearly remember 1 GB sticks of slower memory costing several hundreds of dollars apiece not that long ago! It was really a cost/benefit analysis in those days, whereas now you can pretty much decide how much memory you need with little consideration of differential cost.

IMPORTANT: For those of you who have Win 7 Home Premium, please be advised that you will have to spend $89 to upgrade to the Professional Version(already installed, needing a key to unlock), if, after your purchase, you have more than 16 GB installed, and want to have all the memory accessible, since Home will address only 16 GB maximum. It will work perfectly well without the upgrade,however, with the aforementioned limitation. So, you may need to factor that additional cost into your purchase price if this be applicable. Just please be advised when you note in the Task Manager, or System splash screen that not all your memory in the larger installed capacities is available as expected in Win Home, that it doesn't mean the memory is faulty! There is a great deal of misleading information about this in various internet forums. As aforementioned, in almost all cases, the solution is easy. I hope this explanation is helpful, if you are not already aware of this.

BOTTOM LINE: Product well recommended, and kudos to Amazon's customer service!

5.0 out of 5 stars Rock solid, March 23, 2011
Well packaged. Both my chips worked. Feels solid. Love the metal covering heat sinks. Great price. Make sure you fit them well into your motherboard. I ran into a issue. Windows recognized all 8Gbs, but said only 4Gbs usable. The problem was because I didn't fit one chip all the way into my motherboard.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great, reliable, September 12, 2010
The sticks are a little fat, so they take up some space, but they should go in with no problem. They're supper fast. It brought my rig up to 12GB of ram and I have yet to notice lag in any game.

5.0 out of 5 stars Showin' the love for my ASUS Mobo, February 27, 2011
As described in the other reviews, this RAM is great.

Just adding my AMD Mobo to the list:

ASUS M4A89GTD PRO/USB3 AM3 AMD 890GX HDMI SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0 ATX AMD Motherboard

I have a feeling Corsair's quality just shines through on these as this was not on the QVL (which can be especially important on AMD boards) but works perfectly. (With this, and other instances.) Bought 8gb more to work with and eventually move over to the...

ASUS M4N98TD EVO AM3 NVIDIA nForce 980a SLI ATX AMD Motherboard

I'll be getting in a bit. I may pump both up to 16gb, or let it go. But at least I have a choice. (Despite QVL's maxing out at 8gb.)

Corsair = Total Sweetness.

The negative to keep in mind is that if you put 2 sets in for 16gb, they won't be perfectly "tuned" to each other. So absolute speed might(will?) suffer. But realistically not enough to mean anything. (At least in my limited testing. If it matters to you, they're some 4 stick packs available, but I don't know if they're the same. CMP & CMZ vs CMX.)

5.0 out of 5 stars good, January 10, 2011
1rareAsian (sacramento, ca) - See all my reviews
I purchased in 2 weeks before the price dropped $20 but the quality of these are good. No errors or issues in my Mac Pro yet.

5.0 out of 5 stars no problems, November 3, 2010
They worked fine right out of the box. Windows 7 Ultimate x64 with Core i3 540 gives them a 7.0 rating if it means anything to anyone. Quality ddr3 ram for a very good price.

5.0 out of 5 stars Stable, does what it says, April 7, 2011
Using this on a non-overclocked Asus P8P67 Pro motherboard and it is perfectly stable. It's on the QVL for that board. Not sure what else you can want from memory.