5.0 out of 5 stars Impressive So Far!
Published on November 20, 2010 by Reviewer Amazon

1.0 out of 5 stars Faulty PSU, Poor RMA times
I am a Corsair fan, so it pains me to write this, as I just built a new system chock full of Corsair parts(Case, Fans, PSU(well, that was the plan anyway), CPU cooler, RAM).

I put my new system together, and everything seemed to be working great, until no matter what I did the GPU was not being detected. As this is a modular supply, I tried both included power...
Published on September 19, 2012 by 6er

5.0 out of 5 stars Impressive So Far!, November 20, 2010
I have now been using this for about a week and am very impressed. I upgraded from an Enermax Revolution 85+ 1050 Watt Power Supply which was a critically acclaimed unit itself. I love the fact that this power supply is FULLY modular. Whenever you have to replace it you can just undo all the cables from the PSU and leave the cables intact in your case. You then can remove the power supply easily and install the replacement (which of course would be a Corsair too)! Remember, the hardest part about installing or replacing a power supply is organizing the cables in your case. This is very time consuming.

The power supply runs very cool, but I am only using about 25% of its power capacity right now. Unlike other reviewers who base their reviews on performance subjectively, I did test the power supply before I installed using a Coolmax power supply tester. Everything was tight!

While there are other power supplies out there that compete with this (like the newly released Antec HCP 1200 Unit, I chose the Corsair because they have always been about Quality and Performance for the enthusiast from their memory only days. This unit also comes with a 7 year warranty versus 5 for the Antec and other competeing units.

You can also get hold of Corsair by phone if you need to! They do not hide their phone number like other vendors all over the web.

While this power supply is probably overkill for most, if you are a Computer Enthusiast, Overclocker, and/or Multi-GPU Gamer, this is YOUR POWER SUPPLY. Well done Corsair! Superb...........

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent quality. Very quiet., December 16, 2010
This review is from: Corsair Professional Series  AX 850 Watt ATX/EPS Modular 80 PLUS Gold (AX850) (Personal Computers)
This is probably one of the best psu's on the market. The efficiency sets new standards, it's extremely quiet (silent most of the time) and is good value for money.

Highly recommended for those who need the wattage, or anyone who wants a highly efficient clean power source at any wattage. The fan doesn't even move when using normal email, desktop or web browsing apps. When it does slowly kick in during gaming you won't even notice the sound as the other fans (GPU, CPU etc.) produce more sound.

The modular cabling makes for easy installation. It's size is well within ATX standards so it should fit in most desktop cases.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great PSU, cheap 12V sockets on the ATX connector, May 31, 2011
Brock Tice (Saint Paul, MN) - See all my reviews
This is a great power supply. I'm abusing it with bitcoin mining 24/7. They throw in a lot of fancy stuff, velvet bag, etc, but cheap out on the 12V sockets on the ATX connector. They're only rated for 6A or so and it's easy to pull more than that.

What this means is that if you put in 3 PCI-e video cards that each draw 75W (through the socket) you will burn the plastic off the ATX connector around those sockets, and then your computer will randomly shut off. I called Corsair to discuss this and they at least said they'd look into it.

If you want to fix it yourself it's not too hard with less than $20 worth of parts from DigiKey. Feel free to comment/contact me if you want the part numbers. It's a a lot cheaper/easier to fix it before you burn the plastic off. (I also have pictures, if you want to see them, I don't think I can link them here. Look up my blog if you want to see.)

I'm still giving it five stars because I know this is really an edge case, but I think it's going to be more common soon. I'll also note I had this happen with a 1kW CoolerMaster PSU. Basically all consumer PSUs use cheap sockets there instead of Molex HCS sockets. Just to give you some idea how silly this is, those sockets cost ~0.50 each (needed: 2) when buying in single-item quantities. It drops to just a few cents apiece when buying in bulk (as Corsair would). How much does a velvet bag cost?

5.0 out of 5 stars This is the power supply to get for two video cards, September 27, 2010
Wow, this power supply is great. It has all modular cables, no guess work on where to plug them in since it is all on one rail, is totally silent, and looks good in a typical black mid-tower case. I haven't heard a peep and I have been able to overclock my Intel i7 processor about 550 mhz and both of my GTX480 video cards with no noticeable noise and no, zero, nada freezes or reboots. So therefore I recommend this as a worry free power supply to buy.

5.0 out of 5 stars The Cadillac of power supplies., September 17, 2012
P. Ranalli (Northern NJ, USA) - See all my reviews
Allow me to begin this review by addressing a very common error that beginners make when building computers: going cheap on the power supply. Do not go cheap on your power supply! Power supplies are often taken for granted, but the fact of the matter is that a poor power supply can cause all sorts of problems from sluggish performance to crashes to actual hardware damage. Remember this: your power supply does exactly what it says, it supplies power to your entire system. Do not take that for granted, and please do not skimp on the purchase of your PSU.

Now, that said, do you need a power supply of this level? Not necessarily. There are many great options at lower costs that will meet the needs of your typical user. What you want are highly rated, reputable power supplies. On the lower end, you may consider something like the Antec Earthwatts series, which are rock-solid for the money.

But you're not reading this review because you want an Earthwatts; you are reading it because you're wondering, is it worth dishing out the cash on a Gold certified, modular PSU that comes packaged like it is a 200 year old bottle of scotch? The answer is yes, with one caveat: if you are trying to just put a computer together as cheaply as possible, then this PSU is not for you. As I stated earlier, there are reputable PSUs that you can find for much less.

So, with that out of the way, let's talk about this particular PSU and why it is worth the money if you demand nothing but the best and have the budget for it. This PSU will deliver one of *the* most consistent levels of power to your system that is available today. It will live up to all of its ratings, unlike many cheaper PSUs which often turn out to supply far less consistent power than they claim. If you are building a system that uses a ton of power like a research or gaming rig, this is for you. If you are an overclocker of any kind (CPU, GPU, or RAM), then this is for you. If you simply are building a computer "for the long haul" and want nothing but the best, then this is for you.

The packaging for this thing immediately oozes quality. Opening it is something special, and it comes packed with all of the cables that any enthusiast could realistically need. The PSU is fully modular, which makes wiring your system cleanly and efficiently possible. This not only allows your system to look nice, but also makes it much easier to keep clean and cool. The wires are all encased in black nylon mesh which looks nice, though is a bit stiff at times. You may find that you need to "work" the nylon a bit to get it to bend in tight spaces, if your setup requires that. After installation, the PSU does what it is meant to do very uneventfully: it delivers power and it does it cool and quietly.

I run this PSU on a high-end gaming PC in which both the CPU and GPU are overclocked considerably. I've been using it for about half a year now, without a hitch. There is not much to "report" on, and that's the way a good PSU should be. These units are supposed to be the least noticeable of your system, and yet are arguably the most important. Without a solid, consistent source of power, a computer is worthless. If you have deemed this level of PSU is for you, which hopefully my information above helped you determine, then buy this PSU with confidence that you are not only getting the best, but you are getting it with style. I wholeheartedly recommend this product.

5.0 out of 5 stars THE BEST POWER SUPPLY ON THE MARKET, November 19, 2010
Everything included with this power supply is made High Quality.
The Best on the Market Bar None! It has enough power and then some to tackle just about anything necessary to keep your computer running at top performance. I am totally satisfied. It is worth the extra $$ to have something you can depend on and with a 7 year warranty that will outlast the computer.

5.0 out of 5 stars The Bentley of Power Supplies, December 13, 2010
Justin N. (San Dimas, Ca) - See all my reviews
Fantastic Packaging, Tons of cables and the best PSU I've ever used by far. You pay for what you get. Corsair/Seasonic best in its class and truly a pleasure to work with this unit,buy one!

5.0 out of 5 stars Solid power supply, December 5, 2010
It works great. Be care if you are using duel power supplies. It does not play well with other power supplies.

5.0 out of 5 stars Plenty of power, June 12, 2012
This power supply is the answer to a ultimate gaming machine. I'm running two Nvidia 580s EVGA GeForce GTX 580 Superclocked 1536 MB GDDR5 PCI Express 2.0 2DVI/Mini-HDMI SLI Ready Limited Lifetime Warranty Graphics Card, 015-P3-1582-AR, 2 SSDs, 3 HHDs, 1 BlueRay, 1 high speed CD-RW and 7 fans inside my HAF X case. This power supply has proven to be exactly what an overclocked gaming comp needs. The supplied cables are long enough to run behind the board and make installation clean. Power supply works perfectly with windows hybernation. I highly recommend this product if your power needs are high; remember to use a power needs calculator to ensure your not over buying and wasting power and/or creating excess heat.

5.0 out of 5 stars Extremely silent!, November 22, 2010
insoc (Miami, Florida United States) - See all my reviews
What more can I said about this great power supply? Well for one I can assure you as an actual owner of this power supply that it is indeed SILENT and I do value this feature a lot along with all the other attributes. A 7-year warranty tells a lot about the confidence the manufacturer has on this power supply.