Get more SSD capacity for your money with a Nova Series 2 boot drive
The 60GB unformatted capacity is ideal for use as a boot drive.
Nova Series 2 offers solid-state drive performance at an attractive price. The 60GB capacity makes it ideal for use as a boot drive, working in tandem with a second hard drive.
Take the quantum leap to SSD speed
The performance difference you can get by moving from an old-fashioned mechanical hard drive to a solid-state drive is nothing less than revolutionary. Your system boots faster and applications and large files load more quickly, so you can spend less time waiting and more time working... or playing.
The price that's right
Nova Series 2 gives you more SSD boot drive capacity for your money. SSD upgrades shouldn't be reserved just for high-end systems. Virtually any PC's performance can be dramatically improved with an SSD boot drive, and the economical Nova Series 2 helps make that possible.
Corsair SSDs: Designed for Performance and Durability
Nova Series 2 SSDs feature support for the Windows® 7 TRIM command. This allows for efficient drive optimization to ensure the fastest possible read and write speeds.
Because SSDs have no moving parts, they can handle shock, vibration and temperature changes far in excess of traditional hard drives. That's important for desktop PCs, and essential for notebooks.
Cool and Quiet, with Low Power Consumption
Traditional mechanical hard drives spin at thousands of revolutions per minute. This takes power, and generates noise and heat. Since SSDs have no moving parts, there's no noise or vibration, and the lower power consumption helps keep things cool inside your PC.
Contents and Specifications
- Nova Series 2 solid-state drive
- Unformatted Capacity: 60GB
- Sequential Read Speed: 270Mb/s
- Sequential Write Speed: 240Mb/s
- Interface: SATA II 3.0 Gb/s
- Onboard cache: 128MB
- Operating Temperature: 0°C to +55°C
- Storage Temperature: -20°C to +85°C
- Operating Humidity: 10% to 90% RH (0° to +40° C)
- Storage Humidity: 5% to 90% RH (-10° to +60° C)
- Maximum Operating Altitude: 3,048 m (up to 10,000 ft.)
- Maximum Non-Operative Altitude: 12,192 m (up to 40,000 ft.)
- MTBF: 2,000,000 hours
- SATA II 3.0 Gb/s and backward compatible with SATA I
- Microsoft® Windows® 7, Vista® and XP, Macintosh OS X, Linux