1,437 Reviews

4.0 out of 5 stars Great Cooler, Noisy Fans
Published 17 months ago by Amazon Customer

The manufacturer commented on the review below
2.0 out of 5 stars Customer Beta Testing Program
Published on December 28, 2012 by Laura Kamysek

4.0 out of 5 stars Great Cooler, Noisy Fans, August 17, 2013
Amazon Customer (Brooklyn, NY United States) - See all my reviews
First, let me say that I've been building systems for over 20 years, and have worked with or installed just about every computer cooling system ever made. When I bought the H80i I wanted something simple to install, extremely quiet, and effective with my i7-3820. My computer is on 24/7 and I really didn't want a cooling system that didn't cool well or was so noisy as to be distracting.

While the H80i cools my cpu very well, the fans that come with it are horrible. The noise level when playing a game or doing anything even slightly CPU intensive is unacceptable. As soon as any of the cores go above 15% usage, the fans go into high speed and sound like a vacuum cleaner or a leaf blower.

When I heard how noisy it was, I almost decided to get rid of the entire cooling system and try another type. Fortunately, I decided to take the easy way out and try replacing the fans with quieter ones. I ended up buying two of the Black COUGAR CF-V12HB Vortex Hydro-Dynamic-Bearing 120MM Silent Cooling Fans for about $20.00 each, and replacing the original fans with them. Definitely the best thing I could have done. The H80i now cools just as well and makes almost no noise at all, even at high workload.

Except for the fans, I highly recommend this cooler. It cools well and is incredibly easy to install. If Corsair had provided fans like the ones I ended up buying, I would have given it a 5 star rating. Keep this in mind if you decide to buy it.

5.0 out of 5 stars -25C Difference From Air Cooling!, May 30, 2013
This review is from: Corsair Hydro Series Extreme Performance Liquid CPU Cooler H100i (Personal Computers)
I have had the H100i since it came out and it's been great so far. I have managed to overclock my 3770K to 4.8Ghz using only 1.38 volts and temps never exceed 80c thanks to this awesome cooler from Corsair. The Corsair H100i is very well built and Corsair has fixed all the problems that people had with the original H100. After using the h100i for a few months, the fans stopped working out of the blue and I contacted Corsair and they sent me new ones for free. My case looks awesome because of the sexiness of this cooler. The CPU cooling block looks very good. Radiator and fans are the standard for corsair. The original H100 had very thin tubes but the h100i has nice shiny black thick tubes that not only look great but perform a lot better.

If you are having trouble overclocking your CPU due to high temps then the H100i will fix that for you. You will get awesome idle temps with this CPU and even better temps under load. My 3770K idles at ~22c and under load doesn't go above 80c which to me is amazing because I was getting much higher temps with the Noctua D14. I have tried many good air coolers but none of them have given me better temps than the h100i, especially under load. I have the fans set up as push/pull in my case and this results in much lower temps both in idle and under load. The fans are very quiet in idle and the noise is very acceptable at full load.

The software is pretty straight forward and easy to use. It reports the core temperatures, not the socket temperatures like most of the other programs out there which is not accurate. A nice thing about the software is the fact that you can set custom fan speeds/temps which comes in handy for people that want to control the temps in their system. The software will even detect your graphics card temperatures and fans if compatible. You can monitor and adjust everything such as the Corsair logo light on the block to change colors with different temps.

Pros:

+ Dropped the temp of my CPU by 25C
+ Quiet Fans
+ Corsair Quality
+ Sexy
+ Thick tubes
+ Handles high CPU overclocks like a beast

Cons:

- None

Overall, if you are looking for the best closed liquid cooler and don't have the time or money to build your own custom water cooler then the H100i will go above and beyond to satisfy your needs. Just make sure this unit will fit in your case because I have seen many people on forums who have purchased one of these and then realize it won't fit. I highly recommend this closed liquid cooler to anybody who's looking to overclock their CPU and there's no other company that can come close to Corsair's customer service.

My full rig:

MB: ASUS Sabertooth Z77
OS: Windows 7 64bit

5.0 out of 5 stars High Performance Quiet Cooling Solution, February 3, 2014
SirStinky (Vancouver, WA USA) - See all my reviews
The guy I built the PC for wanted headroom for overclocking, so we upgraded to the H100i to give more cooling headroom (this was an upgrade from the H55). This is closed loop liquid cooler. It comes with the radiator, pump/water block, mounting brackets, hardware, and two SP120L high flow, low noise 120mm fans made by Corsair. The set also includes a cable for the Corsair Link system and 2 sets of fan header leads that allow for a total of 4 cooling fans that are controlled by the Link software.

The pump is small and low-profile. The radiator is 27mm thick,120mm wide, and 275mm long. It will fit a case that accepts a 240mm long radiator with two 120mm fans. On the bottom of the pump is an unpolished (looks to be machined with micro grooves running parallel) copper water block that contacts the CPU IHS. It has the thermal compound pre-applied so there's no need to purchase it separately unless you want to. I am not sure of the quality of the Corsair thermal compound, but I can venture to say it won't be as good as something like Arctic Silver 5. Something to think about if you want the most out of it.

The pump itself serves as the platform for the fan control. It has a standard 3-pin non-PWM lead that goes in the CPU fan on the motherboard, and a SATA connector to power the pump, so you need a free SATA plug from your PSU. It also has two ports for the included fan leads (terminate into 2, 4-pin leads each) and a mini USB port for the special cable that goes to the Corsair Link software. The Mini USB plug terminates into a USB header connector that plugs into a USB header on the motherboard. It comes with mounting brackets to fit the modern popular CPU sockets: LGA 1156, 1155, 1366, 1150, 2011, AMD AM2, AM3, AM3+ and FM1/2. The kit does include the special bracket for the AMD motherboard socket.

There is no support for LGA 775. The lower-end models do though.

The directions are terrible, useless. They are mostly comprised of illustrations of mounting options for the fans. There's no information on the fan header or Link connection or the SATA power either. Granted, this is aimed at enthusiasts that know what they're doing. If you've never installed an aftermarket cooler, it would be a good idea to check You Tube for install videos. If your case doesn't have a cut out behind the motherboard socket, then you will have to take it out to install the backplate. The pump mounting bracket is magnetic and sticks to the motherboard mount to make securing it a little easier. I couldn't really tell a difference though. Installation was really simple. Secure the backplate to the motherboard using the included standoffs (there's ones for the LGA 115x and 2011, they're different sizes), mount the pump, and secure it with the thumbscrews. It's helpful to mount the fan leads first as they are on the top of the pump and getting to them is difficult once installed. Same with the mini USB connector. You need a case with room for the radiator. I put this in a Cooler Master HAF MX case and it went in like a dream. If you have a case without a lot of room or tall DIMM heatsinks, the water cooler would be a better option than a huge air cooler as you'll have more room around the socket for cables and RAM DIMMs.

You need to download the Corsair Link software from Corsair (no media in the box for it) to get the Link to work. It's pretty slick. It lets you monitor all the cooling system functions, fan speeds, pump speed, temperatures, and you have full control over the fan and pump speeds and can load profiles for different cooling needs (low, medium, high, extreme, or manual control). You can also change the color of the lighted Corsair badge on the pump. I didn't have a lot of time to fiddle with it, but it's pretty cool and useful.

When it's running, you can barley hear it at idle. I'd reckon it's at or under 38 db under a 90% load, which is much quieter than the stock Intel cooler (probably 40+ db) and on par with the high-end air coolers. Under load, it does start to ramp up, and it gets louder, but not obnoxiously noisy. Still as loud or quieter than an air cooler. The Corsair fans have special blades that reduce pressure to make them more efficient without being really noisy. I noticed they are actually pretty quiet at 2500-2700 RPM. Cooling performance is as it should be- better than the higher-end air cooling solutions. I did some temp monitoring and at idle, I never saw above 30 C. Under a load, expect that to jump a bit. With the Performance fan profile it keeps the temps well under 70 C on a high overclock under a full load. Figure on anywhere from 9-10 degree lower temps than the best air coolers on their highest fan settings. If you're going to be doing any kind of overclocking over 4.2-4.5 GHz, get one of these. You could go as high as 4.7 or 4.8 GHz with an i5 or i7 relatively easily I did a conservative OC at 4.2 with the Asus AI tuner and it's super quiet. The case fans were louder than the cooling fan or pump. I was impressed. I'd have no reservations taking a FX-8320/8350 up to 4.7 or more with this cooler.

Yes, in comparison this costs more than the highest-end air cooler, a lot more than the Hyper 212, but it works better and will be quieter, not to mention more compact and customizable cooling profiles not possible on an air cooler without separate fan controllers. Some say the pump is noisy- I never really was bothered by it. This isn't a "silent" solution by any means, so don't expect that as it still uses fans that get noisy when they ramp up, just like any cooler.

What I like

Includes all mounting hardware for most modern CPU socket
Options for up to 4 software-controlled fans
Includes all necessary cables
Doesn't take up much room in the case
Corsair Link app is pretty cool
Low-profile radiator
Quiet fans
Great cooling performance 9-10 C difference over air at 100%

What I don't:

A little spendy
Useless install directions
Did get noisier under full load

So if you want to OC and want a quiet and high performance cooling solution that's quieter than air, check out the H100i. It's a great cooler.

The manufacturer commented on the review belowSee comments
2.0 out of 5 stars Customer Beta Testing Program, December 28, 2012
I own this product (H100i) as well as the H80i. Noting very loud fan operation I went to Corsair's website to look for solutions. Happily they already had a firmware update available that was supposed to fix the problem. Conducting the firmware update simply exchanged the fan vibration noise for a high frequency whine coming from the cooler pump itself. I was fortunate though as I did not have the misfortune of bricking my cooler as many other users have experienced. The corsairlink2 software is buggy as well and I ended up uninstalling it as it caused repeated system lags where the entire system would halt for 30 seconds to a minute, and then catch up with all mouse clicks and keyboard presses responding in rapid sequence. This is on a brand new build with only Win7 64 installed and the Corsairlink2 software, nothing else was installed on the system and this behavior ceased after uninstalling the corsairlink software. I have had this problem for over a month now on my system with the H100i while waiting for new firmware or another solution from Corsair. I have installed my H80i in another build and have the loud fan noise there as well but will not upgrade with the flaky firmware as I'm afraid of bricking that unit.

To be fair: There are solutions to quiet both the fan vibration noise and the high frequency whine, but these either require using fans that you purchase separately, (which may not have the static pressure required to effectively pull air through the radiator) or plugging the fans directly into motherboard fan headers (so why then did I buy this package anyway?). And to be completely fair, these workaround solutions were developed by the user community experiencing problems and not Corsair. In any event, these are ridiculous hoops to have to jump through when you are paying top dollar for these products. Finally, I'm not sure these solutions would have any affect at all on on the buggy USB issues displayed by the Corsairlink2 software.

Overall, it seems Corsair rushed this product to market to make the Xmas sales boost, bravo. However, this product was not ready for prime time and Corsair is using its customer base as beta testers, including charging customers for shipping of bricked coolers due to their flaky firmware upgrade. A big boo hiss for that.

Here is a recent blog that discusses many of these issues and workarounds [...]

*Edit* Amazon deleted the link to the blog posting, so just Google "Corsair H100i water cooler fail" and you'll get there.

stem
The manufacturer commented on this review(What's this?)
Posted on Feb 6, 2013 3:06:29 PM PST
Dear Laura,
We are very sorry to hear about the issues you are having With your H100i. I would recommend that you contact or Tech Support Group by phone to see if maybe they can help troubleshoot the problem further. They can be reached Monday through Friday from 8:30am to 5:30pm pacific time using the toll free number listed on our contact page: http://www.corsair.com/us/company/contact/
Corsair Customer Support

3.0 out of 5 stars A slight let down, May 16, 2013
I installed this on an FM2 socket. This cooler makes me wish I had an Intel processor instead, the Intel bracket looks hell of a lot easier to install. My biggest complaint is how stiff the hoses were, it made it every hard to maneuver. I almost didn't think I was going to get this in my NZXT 210 case. Overall, using CPUID, it lowered my CPU temp from about 50 degrees Celsius, to around 40 degrees Celsius. That's at idle speed, with NO over clocks. I also sandwiched the radiator between 2 fans pulling the air from the inside to outside of the case. I'm going to flip the fans around and see if the temps get any lower.

*Cons
- Stiff hoses
- AMD bracket setup kinda sucks
- Conflicting info regarding FM2 compatability

*Pros
- Price
- Set up was simple to follow

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect Match for my CM Storm Stryker Case, February 22, 2014
I recently upgraded my computer case from a classic CM Stacker to their new Storm Stryker. Along with this I decided to update my current Corsair H50 to the H100i.

I've used the H50 for several years and found it to be an excellent way to cool the CPU while reducing the number of fans running in the system, because the radiator fans on the H50 also act as a case fan to exhaust warm air out from the case. This leads to a quiet system that can run at higher speeds reliably.

Build Quality
-------------------------------
The H100i is well-built and the hoses are strong, yet flexible. The radiator itself is sturdy and is made from metal that is a decent gauge, so it will hold up to being installed and removed over the years as you upgrade. If the H100i is anything like the H50, it should provide 3-5 years or more of above average CPU cooling (my H50 is still running in a secondary system).

Installation and Setup
-------------------------------
In order fit the H100i in your case, you are going to need a mounting area that can fit two 120mm fans plus some clearance around the top and bottom for protrusions from the radiator. There are lists posted online that detail which cases can fit the radiator without modding, with modding and not at all. In my case, the CM Stryker has a mounting are at the top which was a perfect fit and an ideal location. The space between the motherboard and the fans is tight, but there is enough clearance.

My CPU uses Intel's Socket 2011 which is a direct fit for the pump. All I had to do was thread in the appropriate stand-offs and then screw down the pump using the included bracket. Extremely simple.

Lastly, you can connect the pump to a USB header on your motherboard using an included cable to control and monitor its speed and the LED lighting. You can also connect the fans to the pump; I opted to connect the fans directly to my motherboard's CPU fan headers so that their speed can be auto-adjusted based on the CPU temperature. The pump itself needs to run at a fixed RPM and it connects to an SATA power connector. It also has a RPM sensor lead which you can connect to a fan header somewhere on your motherboard to enable RPM monitoring. I did not connect the RPM lead from the pump, nor did I connect the USB feature so I will not comment on those points.

Performance & Noise
-------------------------------
In short, EXCELLENT. The H100i has double the radiator surface area of the H50 so it can maintain optimal temperatures with lower fan speeds - so it is quiet. I'm running an Intel 4930K CPU (6-core with 130W TDP) at non-overclocked speeds. Its turbo-boost feature ups its speed from 3.4 GHz to ~4.1 GHz, and while it is running at 4 GHz it can stay there as long as it needs to - the H100i fans spin up and maintain a temperature around 45-50 degrees C. At idle, my temp reads as 31 degrees C (my case temp is 34 degrees C).

I set up my H100i in a "push" configuration, meaning that fans sit in front of the radiator blowing onto it rather than behind the radiator drawing air through it. Since it is drawing air from inside the case and blowing it out, it acts as a case fan - thus eliminating the need for additional case fans.

With my setup there is no audible noise when the CPU is idle, and when it's under full load all I hear is the sound of air moving - it's white noise and is in no way annoying.

The manual recommends setting up the radiator as an intake fan, meaning that it would suck in air from outside over the radiator and into the case. This may yield better INITIAL results but the reality of the situation is that you will incur more drawbacks than benefits over time.

The benefit of an intake setup is slightly lower CPU temps. The drawbacks are - drastically faster dust build-up on the radiator and inside your case, lowering the radiator's cooling efficiency (requiring you to clean it more often). Even if your case has filters the dust will still build up. Secondly, blowing the warm/hot air from the CPU into your case will increase the temperature of all other components in your system, including the GPU (video card) and memory. This alone could cause intermittent overheating issues as the CPU can scale its power up and down to manage its heat but the memory in your system cannot, nor will the passively-cooled components on your motherboard (an overheating motherboard controller can and will cause all kinds of annoying stability issues). I recommend sticking with a push-type exhaust setup. The included fans have enough static pressure for this to work just fine.

Conclusion
-------------------------------
If your case can fit the H100i and you want a CPU cooling system that will likely be good for several upgrade cycles, this is it. It is better than mounting a giant two-pound air cooler on your motherboard and the inside of your case looks a lot cleaner. It is quiet and capable, so you can overclock if you want to...but even if you don't, you can enjoy superior cooling.

This product is high quality and definitely worth the price.

5.0 out of 5 stars Overall I am pleased., March 5, 2013
This is a review of the Corsair H60 - what I believe to be the most problem-free of the Corsair Hydro series coolers. I can't comment on any of the other coolers in the series, but as you will see from my review I'm pretty pleased I stuck with the H60. Take each review on this product in to account when choosing this as your cooling solution - the negative reviews are very fair, equally the positive reviews seem to be from people who have honestly had a good experience.

BIOS/SOFTWARE
Good news - the H60 doesn't have the buggy software that many people are having issues with! I'm running this on OSX, so the software wouldn't work anyway, but regardless I prefer to control things in the BIOS. On my MSI board, the CPU fan is set on auto, which in this case is 3000RPM on a near-constant basis. I can, however, regulate SYS FAN 1, so I put the pump on the constant CPU fan pin, and switched the fan over to SYS FAN 1. This reduced the H60 to near-silent sound levels, and the pump is still going as it should. My idle temps are around 30 degrees, which is five degrees cooler than my monster Arctic Cooling i30 air cooler.

MOUNTING/INSTALLATION
Another thing that I enjoy about this AIO set up is that the tubes are easily wrangled into submission. I have this in a Mac Pro case mod, mounted very close to the CPU. I didn't think the tubes would bend that close without kinking, but actually they did a nice job of fitting in to a small space (see customer images). Mounting the CPU block itself was relatively simple. The bracket fit nicely on my 1155 board, and after screwing in the gray thumbscrews (which are a very nice touch) everything seems very secure (if upside down...again, see pics). I wasn't aware the the H60 didn't have the LED block, but this was a minor disappointment and is purely aesthetic in nature so no point off there. If you are looking for screws to mount another fan or to mount the radiator in a non-traditional fashion, you should be looking for M3.5 - 6/32" bolts. Take care not to screw anything in too far - I believe that a water pipe runs behind each threaded screw hole.

Despite being AIO, it's important to keep in mind that you should still leak-test this with paper towels at the ready! There have been a few reports of leaking (one even on this review page) so please don't forget that you are still dealing with water inside your PC!

OVERALL
Honestly, this is a quiet, well-performing AIO kit. I'm very glad that I got the H60 instead of the other models. Most of the complaints are related to firmware and software, both of which don't apply to the H60. If you're looking for a well-rounded AIO kit that looks pretty sweet, definitely add this to your list of potentials!

The manufacturer commented on the review belowSee comments
1.0 out of 5 stars Only Lasted 6 Months before pump stopped working... save your air cooled heatsink as a backup!, July 7, 2014
Purchased this item in January 2014. Installed easily, worked flawlessly, was nice and quiet... 6 months later, July 7th, turn my computer on first thing Monday morning to get an early start at work, to find that it wont stay on longer than ten seconds... pump stopped working... reinstalled original fan and heat sink and here I am leaving a 1 star review... I have a completely normal computer, setup in a clean working office environment. I would not recommend this item...

stem
The manufacturer commented on this review(What's this?)
Posted on Jul 9, 2014 5:11:56 PM PDT
Hello eo273,

We're deeply sorry that the H60 stopped working. For a replacement, please contact us directly at 888-222-4346 or you may submit a ticket at corsair.force.com and we will be happy to assist you.

Corsair Customer Support
Corsair Support Email: support@corsair.com
Corsair Support Phone Number: 888-222-4346

5.0 out of 5 stars H80i, May 19, 2014
I bought a Corsair H75, however during the installation I found the backing plate to be sloppy, and one of the screw heads was missing the threads.. So I returned that for a refund, and decided to go with the H80i, the installation was very easy, no play or sloppy backplate. I have a i5 4670K overclocked to 4.7ghz. I read somewhere the bearings for the new fans and pump need to be "burned in" for 24 hours prior to normal use. now my computer runs @ 4ghz and 34c- 40c. I am a gamer.. prior to my upgrade I would get 3-15 fps in game, now i am getting 92-115 and hit a high of 135 on full graphics.. So I am quite happy with the performance of the H80i

5.0 out of 5 stars Great quality, super quiet., April 27, 2014
It had been a while since I built a computer. I wanted a quick computer with quality products that wouldn't break my bank. I paired this unit with a Haswell i5 3.4 Ghz CPU, Asus Z87Pro mobo, Corsair CX600 W psu, and Corsair Vengeance 16Gb of RAM. I couldn't be happier. This combo is very stable and FAST
*Under normal use* The Corsair H55 unit is super quiet and keeps the processor very cool. Note to your self, some people complain about the fan that comes with this unit for not being as "quite", but that all depends where and how you place the fan to the radiator. I still haven't tested it to its fullest, I'm letting the thermal compound settle a bit before I overclock it and see if this unit can cool down the cpu. I will post an updated review to see how far I can go with this little unit.
I highly recommend this unit if your main goal is to have a quiet, stable machine, do some video editing, and perhaps some gaming here and there. But if you're a hardcore gamer, look else where.