Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Corsair Vengeance 8 GB (2 x 4 GB) DDR3 1600 MHz PC3 12800 240-Pin DDR3 Dual Channel Memory Kit
Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Sun Care Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro STEM

Showing 1-10 of 684 reviews(5 star). Show all reviews
on March 5, 2013
These cards work great for gaming and daily PC use. After going through the comments, I was shocked with how many people should not be building systems. I mean all these complaints about the cards being 1333mhz and not 1600mhz. These cards are 1600Mhz cards, but you people need to adjust the DRAM settings in the BIOS! Set the timing to 9-9-9-24, the speed to 1600Mhz, and the voltage to 1.5v and ignore whatever computer program that you are using that is telling you that these are 1333Mhz sticks.
22 comments| 103 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on April 26, 2011
I used this RAM on a build with an AsRock p67p4 Extreme and an ASUS Sabertooth P67 motherboard. On both builds, the RAM worked very well and ran with stability at 1866Mhz with the stock 1.5v. I did not test any higher frequency as the performance gains were minimal(even from 1600 to 1866). This is nice RAM however beware on some motherboards the fins can be obstructed by some of the larger CPU coolers- yet most will work perfectly.

If you have any questions I might be able to answer for you, leave a comment and I will respond ASAP.
3737 comments| 60 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on April 1, 2011
Works flawlessly on a ASUS P8P67 B3 Sandy Bridge mobo. Given some memory problems w/ DIMMS that are rated higher than 1.5v, these installed and worked as expected. What more can you ask for? Sandy Bridge mobos are picky when it comes to RAM - these work and are recommended by Corsair.
on April 9, 2011
I put this ram in the blue slots of my p8p67 pro motherboard. Works great!!! I had to adjust the frequency from 1333 to 1600. I also changed the voltage to 1.5. My old pc had 2 gigs corsair ddr2 800. Going from 2 gigs to 8 gigs ddr3 was huge. I couldn't be happier with my purchase, I highly recommend this memory.
44 comments| 22 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on July 20, 2012
I was building a home theater / gaming PC and this memory was recommended to me. It's rated to be faster than what I'd originally looked at, and at a better price. I'm running an Windows 7 Home x64 system, i7 processor, Radeon 6770 card, and at this point these have served me well and I may, eventually, get another set. 8GB is plenty for me to watch movies, play Skyrim with mods, compile my code projects, and run a Minecraft server, all on my 1080p TV. Anyone who really needs more probably knows more than me about the technicals, but for a regular gamer this is fine and probably overkill for a plain home theater. Fast reads, lots of space.
on April 27, 2013
It works but it wants to run at 1333mhz instead of 1600mhz like it claims in the product description. With the motherboard I purchased to go with it you can get it to run at its highest frequency but you must go into BIOS and manually set the multiplier to 8.0 and adjust the timings to the values from the SPD table. I used CPU-Z to view the SPD table and it shows this ram to have a XMP-1600 mode, which is an Intel thing but you can use it with an AMD FX processor just be sure to set the timings because just setting the multiplier to 8.0 with out changing the timings causes BIOS to detect a memory error and halts recommends going into BIOS to change it. For me I really only had to change the tRC value, the rest of the SPD values are the same latency as the JEDEC #4 (666mhz) timings. As far as performance goes, it is an upgrade, but in day to day application like web browsing or watching videos on the PC, it's the same as my DDR2. Even the Windows assessment score is the same. I think I'm going to try lowering the frequency of the ram just to tighten up the timings and see what that does. Gaming did improve in a noticeable way, but I've only had it up and running for a 24 hours now and have not run every installed program to test with it yet.
review image review image
on March 14, 2014
Installed these in a new build used primarily for gaming and they work as they should. Windows Experience Index score with a mild overclock is 7.8 for RAM, 7.5 for entire system because my old hd 4870's drag it down. I love Amazon and I hate Amazon. Love Amazon cause they have excellent customer service, Amazonprime is the deal of the century and they have just about everything at great prices! I also hate Amazon because I buy too much stuff. ugh
on March 12, 2014
Works like a charm in my ASRock Z77 Extreme 4-M motherboard although they sit pretty high, barely interfering with the Thermaltake EVO cooler I installed. Because of this, I placed the CPU cooler fan on the opposite side of the fins and have zero clearance problems. I have not overclocked these modules which is what they are intended for with the extra cooling, but may try in the future. Bought two packages of these (4 modules total) and my 16gb is working just fine. Note that this particular motherboard may detect them as being 1333 Mhz but you can go into the BIOS and manually set them to 1600 Mhz which works just fine. Highly recommend if you have a bit of extra room above the RAM slots.
This is in my opinion the best budget friendly ram on the market. Which is why I bought it, I have 4 of these in three different computers running in my house. The ram runs clean and smooth for me.

Pros:
Been using this ram since 2012 on three different computers, not a one has gone bad.
Looks cool
Easy to install to your PC.
It works very fast and very reliable
This product is duel channel

Cons:
None

Just so you know:
I had to turn this up to 1600 from 1333 on my Bios (it makes a difference)

This is 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1600 (PC3 12800) (make sure your motherboard supports this before Buying)

If you want to use duel channel make sure you have this product in the right slots, On my motherboard its slots 1 and 3 and slots 2 and 4. In other words 1,2 will not work duel channel.

Overall an amazing product that I recommend for anyone trying to make a solid budget friendly gaming computer.
on March 7, 2016
I went from Kingston HyperX (overheating limited my speed) to the Corsair Vengeance.

As for performance, I cannot say they are any different than the Kingston HyperX they replaced, but I can say:
They run the same speed at a slightly lower voltage
They run cooler; which resulted in a more stable OC'd (OverClocked) system.

Since making the switch to Corsair vengeance, I've built 2 more systems all outfitted with Corsair RAM, all OC'd; and all are stable!
To be clear, I only OC memory by using the built-in XMP profile, but I still push my CPU and CPU/RAM bus to the brink. You need quality RAM when Overclocking your CPU (even if you have no plans to OC your memory).