5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent high speed DDR3 RAM - and it looks great, too
I know looks aren't much of anything, but four sticks of Corsair Vengeance Blue looks like it was absolutely made for my ASUS P8Z68 Deluxe motherboard (which also sports blue heat-sinks) and Thermaltake Chaser MK-1 case (black, with blue accents).

Published on November 5, 2011 by BeccaM

1.0 out of 5 stars MASSIVE FAILURE - System Builder Review
Published on May 31, 2012 by Zen

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent high speed DDR3 RAM - and it looks great, too, November 5, 2011
This review is from: Corsair Vengeance Blue 16 GB DDR3 SDRAM Dual Channel Memory Kit CMZ16GX3M4A1600C9B (Personal Computers)

Anyway, the RAM was well packaged and each stick was in its own protective packaging in the box. Installation was a breeze and I had no spacing issues or anything. Click-snap-power-zoom.

If there's one caution I would offer, it's that the fins atop the Corsair RAM are rather large, and if you have a small, compact system or oversized CPU cooler, there could be conflicts. In that case, you might want to go with the Corsair 16 GB Vengeance Blue Low Profile 1600mhz PC3-12800 240-pin Dual Channel DDR3 Memory Kit 16 Dual Channel Kit - CML16GX3M4A1600C9B instead.

5.0 out of 5 stars Corsair does it again, April 24, 2011
I have been a loyal customer of Corsair memory for eight years. And for one reason: Corsair is the best. I used these DIMMs in my most recent build and once again, Corsair has come through. These puppies snapped in and the computer booted without a hitch. I went with air cooling on this build using the Cooler Master V8 and it worked perfectly with this memory. I was a bit worried these DIMMs wouldn't fit in the first socket of the motherboard with this monster sized cooler. But it fit just perfect and looks great. Just make sure to install the DIMMs first before the cooler. I'm running Windows 7 Home Premium (x64) and programs all run super smooth and quick. I haven't tried overclocking yet as I am quite satisfied with the stock speed. The blue anodized color is also a plus for designer systems. Looks great sitting in my Asus P8P67 motherboard. As always, Corsair comes through with a rock solid, reliable, and top quality product. And kudos to Amazon for the great pricing and ultra fast shipping. Thanks Amazon. Bottom line: If you're looking for memory that rivals Corsair's Dominator series for a great price, look no further.

My System Hardware:

Western Digital Caviar Black SATA 6GB/s 500GB
EVGA GeForce GTX 560Ti Ultimate Graphics Edition
Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit

5.0 out of 5 stars Happy to be Blue., November 30, 2011
I picked up 16 GB of Corsair Vengeance Blue 16 popped it in my latest build. Didn't boot. I was so disappointed. Then I check and rechecked all my connections but still wasn't sure if it was the memory or not so I brought it to my buddy's house and popped it in his machine and it didn't work there either. I cycled through and found the bad stick and ran my new machine with 12 GB. I called Cosair and they told me that they wanted all four back. I told them I wanted to hang on to them so I could game. They overnighted me the replacements with an envelope to send all 4 sicks back.

Even though the memory failed I was very pleased with the way that they handled the situation.

4.0 out of 5 stars Works but not right out of the box for Phenom II, December 8, 2011
Paul S. (San Antonio, TX) - See all my reviews
Despite claiming a wide platform of compatibility I had some trouble getting it to work right out of the box so I'm only giving 4 stars. My system would boot just fine but after some period of use my system would lock up. I tried Memtest86 (from memtest.org) and found 100s of errors. I searched Corsair's web site/forum for some answers and found some crucial information for setup on an AMD Phenom II based systems that was not posted on the packaging.

Here are some suggestions I gleamed from various threads in Corsair's forums:
1. AMD Phenom II's memory needs additional voltage - Set to 1.65v for the memory
2. AMD memory controller operates at a maximum of DDR1333 so set the memory clock to 666 Mhz
It looks like you can go to the 16000 speed but you'd need to increase voltage to the memory controller and loosen up the timing settings but IMO I can't see a speed difference for that risk of stability.
3. Command timing is 2T when using all four chips

And on my own I discovered the Bios, version F8 in my Gigabyte GA-MA790XT-UD4P, was incorrectly setting the timings to 11-11-11-29 vs. the MFG recommended settings of 9-9-9-24. I changed this manually with no problem.

After all this, perhaps two hours of research and nearly a dozen re-boots, I managed to pass Memtest. I'll have to run the system through some hoops to see if it's stabile in real life but I feel much better now after passing a 2 hour intensive memory test.

As other's have stated, depending on your aftermarket cooling solution you may have a problem inserting these particular modules as their heat spreaders are tall. I'm using the Corsair H60 water cooler with no problem.

I have the following system configuration:
AMD Phenom II 955 @ 3.2 Ghz

Fast and stable
Supports XMP Profiles
Excellent heat dissipation
Matched set of DIMM modules

I have now built 3 systems using this memory. I couldn't be happier. Not only does this RAM perform well, it looks great too.

This kit can be ordered with heat spreaders in two sizes and colors. Standard tall Vengeance or a low profile heat spreader which accomadates larger CPU coolers. Colors available are cerulean blue or black.

SPD speed 1333mhz
Tested speed 1600mhz

Many reviewers have stated that their MB did not correctly detect the speed of their RAM correctly. This is because serial presence detect properly identifies this memory at 1333mhz. Enable XMP and the memory will operate at 1600mhz or beyond if you want to OC. I am running my memory and cpu at slightly higher than stock speeds. Performace is awesome.

This memory was worth every penny. It's an excellent value and offers great performace at an incredibly low price. All of this with the stability you'd expect from a high quality product.

4.0 out of 5 stars High heat sink combs, August 29, 2011
Great product by Corsair and of course, no problems, it works. However, the heat sinks are tall. I strongly recommend buying the Corsair Vengeance low profile item that Corsair had recently put out due to complaints about the high heat sinks in the regular first edition product for builders that need clearance in smaller cases. No failure and ran out of the box with no voltage adjustments. Some people had problems as they had to go into XMP Bios to set at 1600 or it would default to 1333, but I did not have that problem at all with my Asus Sabortooth FX 990 mother board... This memory does not run that high of temp. I am using it in my AMD CPU 1100T six core. I say get it and take the guess work out of your build. It works. I also noted it is real fast. My Noctura allowed easy clearance by the way with loosing the bottom fan later I just added the bottom fan and raised the CPU cooler. It's a go. I will be using it upon the Bulldozer release as well.

5.0 out of 5 stars Very stable, February 27, 2012
Dropped this set in two weeks ago. Went to Bios and set up to use XMP. Everything worked. I've been using Adobe Premiere and Encore. At times memory usage gets up to around 15GB. Especially when transcoding video. So far, everything has been super-stable. I leave my PC up for days at a time and haven't had any crashes. Of course, everything is at stock speed so I cannot comment on OC stability. I'm very happy with this memory and would definitely recommend it.

Asus P8P67
Intel i7 2600k
16 GB Corsair Vengeance

Update: It's been almost a year now. No issues! Very happy with this ram and it's performance over the last year.

4.0 out of 5 stars Can't win them all, October 10, 2011
Corsair has made good ram for a long time; I should know I bought the CMX4GX3M2A1600C9 4gb(2x2)ram about a year ago and it still works today. However, once in while you will be unlucky and get bad ram and I got one. One stick failed the memtestx86-64 # 4 and 5 tests.So I have to use only 2 sticks and the ones I have used before. But, 12gb is still more than enough for gaming and other apps. I am using AMD board so I have to manually put in the timings (not an issue if you buy AMD particular memory, but it is hard to find). In the end, this is a great product; but have ram on standby in case things go wrong. Besides, the DRAM markets in free fall, you should be able to afford it ;)

4.0 out of 5 stars Great so far...but Amazon loses a star., September 13, 2011
So far, this RAM is great. Install was easy, and it looks really cool with some blue light in the case. My only concern is that it raises the temperature inside the case a little more than I'd like, so now I'm looking at installing another fan.

A week after I bought it, online retailers dropped the price from 129 to 99, and I had gone with Amazon over Newegg because of my Prime membership. Much to my chagrin though, Amazon doesn't offer price matching, and that's why I'm giving it four stars instead of five. I know I should be giving the product the review, and not the service, but this is something I think should be brought to people's attention.

That said, Corsair makes great RAM, and I've always had pleasant results from them in the past. If anything changes with this set, I'll update my review.

1.0 out of 5 stars MASSIVE FAILURE - System Builder Review, May 31, 2012
I'm a custom systems builder in Los Angeles and I've just returned for replacement the 3rd set of these 16gb 4x4 Corsair Vengeance 1600 speed RAM back to Corsair all within the last 3 weeks for systems that I built less than 6 months ago. 3 weeks, 3 successive clients called about random blue screening which became more frequent until their computers would blue screen immediately upon boot up. Running MEMTEST, all sets of RAM exhibited massive ERROR and FAILURE and unfortunately have to be returned to Corsair who is really starting to slip not only in the quality of their RAM but their CUSTOMER SERVICE is horrible these days. I'd go into more detail but Amazon frowns on comments that aren't attributed directly to the product itself. Suffice it to say that I'm now going to start moving away from Corsair products in my custom builds.

Edit 7/9/2012: Just returned a 4th set of the Vengeance 4x4gb kits. I am now using G.Skill RAM for my Sandy & Ivy Bridge builds and no problems whatsoever so far.

Rate and Discover Movies