4.0 out of 5 stars BSOD at stock voltage...
Published on September 15, 2011 by YoursTruly

2.0 out of 5 stars Unfortunately it became Defective after a month
Published 9 months ago by Brenden

4.0 out of 5 stars BSOD at stock voltage..., September 15, 2011
This review is from: Corsair Vengeance Blue 4GB (1x4GB) DDR3 1600 MHz (PC3 12800) Desktop Memory (CMZ4GX3M1A1600C9B) (Personal Computers)
When I first installed this RAM, my mobo's BIOS automatically set the frequency to 1333mhz. I had to go in and change it to 1600mhz myself. However, as soon as I did so I started getting BSODs at the Windows loading screen. At first I thought the RAM was faulty (and maybe it is), but it turns out the stock voltage it was getting (1.5v) wasn't enough for that frequency, so I had to go into the BIOS and increase it a bit to 1.525v, and now it works great. It's not a big deal, but trying to figure out what was wrong, was quite frustrating.

For those wondering, my specs are:
AMD Phenom II X4 965 BE
Gigabyte GA-990XA-UD3 mobo
Windows 7 Home Premium

2.0 out of 5 stars Unfortunately it became Defective after a month, October 11, 2013
So a month ago I decided to build a PC Gaming Computer and decided I would use this for RAM hearing that it was good. I am not an expert when it comes to computers because I am still only in high school but I know a thing or two about computers. Had this RAM for about a month and just the other day I started getting blue screens of death. I investigated what it could be because it displayed that the problem was "Memory_Management" and after checking my memory through windows I discovered that this "great cost effective Gaming RAM" is now defective....
All in all I am very disappointed that it only lasted a month after I spent $40 some dollars on it....not to mention the hair pulling out when my computer blue screened on me...
This may not be a common thing with Corsair and I don't believe that it is...but from now on I will no longer be buying their RAM
Thats the two-cents of a 16 year old

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Ram!, March 23, 2012
Great ram! Works flawlessly. I have two sticks and both work extremely well in my custom build. When I have a little more money I'll definitely be picking up more of these.

5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome Ram, April 11, 2011
These are great RAM sticks and work flawlessly. I bought these(4 of them to be exact) when I was building my rig and they are lightning fast.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good product, watch out for the heat sink, March 2, 2014
My son purchased this to build a new computer. I helped with the construction. The memory worked well but the issue we ran into was the height of the chips caused it to interfere with installation of the CPU heat sink. Just be careful and understand this memory is taller than your average memory chip.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Value, September 23, 2013
Great memorys for a great Price! Works pretty fast and looks good. can even overclock with out problems or overheating.

4.0 out of 5 stars Decent, July 8, 2013
Ordered 2 of these one was DOA the other work flawlessly im only deducting 1 star for the bad one i know DOA happens quite often

5.0 out of 5 stars Fast and Cheap, June 23, 2013
this ram is very fast (1600mghz) and 35 dollars is a good price.
P.S. You may need to change the bios settings to get it to 1600mghz

5.0 out of 5 stars A great Memory!, April 1, 2014
very accurate description!
this is a nice memory that can help your pc to do a great job for gaming or anything you want to do, 4 gb r good enough for me.

5.0 out of 5 stars seriously awesome RAM but for a miner I needed 8GB, March 14, 2014
I bought 6 R9 280X's which works fantastic. I did have to add 4 GB to total of 8GB now, using cgwatcher that controls cgminer perfectly, all running at 700kH once I turn off Microsoft virtual memory or page file. miner is no longer eating at my SSD whew. Hi5 enjoy this RAM

Rate and Discover Movies