Published on June 7, 2011 by W. Rehs

3.0 out of 5 stars Good ram but not for tight areas
Good performance from this RAM so far, but the heat sink required us to remove the air flow shroud in the case. No easy way to take the heat sink off. If you're tight on space you may want to consider something more compact.
Published 13 months ago by Dan W

5.0 out of 5 stars Corsair Vengeance Blu 8 GB PC3-12800 1600mHz DDR3 240-Pin SDRAM Dual Channel Memory Kit, June 7, 2011
This review is from: Corsair Vengeance Blue 8 GB (2X4 GB) PC3-12800 1600mHz DDR3 240-Pin SDRAM Dual Channel Memory Kit CMZ8GX3M2A1600C9B (Personal Computers)
Purchased this kit to compliment a new build using a Gigabyte GA-890FXA-UD5 m/b, AMD Phenom II X6 1090T Black Edition CPU. Common to this and many other m/b's bios, the ram is initially recognized in bios as 1333MHz rather than this rams rated 1600MHz. Going into BIOS, 2 clicks of the mouse rectified that. For those only wanting or just starting out with 8GB of ram this kit is ideal. Two 4gb sticks using only 2 memory slots is more efficient than spreading the 8gb's over the four slots. My most immediate concern was compatibility with my M/B for it was not one listed as being tested for compatibility. I'm happy to report it is fully compatible with no issues. It thouroughly passed memtest, and my system has been running fast and stable since the day my build was born, about 2weeks now. O/S boot up is fast, opening applications is fast and multitasking is not a problem, but then I am running a 6 core CPU as well. I rather like the blue colored heatsinks, matches my board quite nicely but that's only cosmetically important, what counts is my PC's processing speed and stabilty and that earns this ram 5 stars, I couldn't be more pleased. I don't ever see the need to add another kit to make it 16gb but if that day should arise I would not hesitate to make this purchase once again. I highly recommend it. Fast, stable, fair price,the best warranty, no need to say more. Other than go ahead, buy it.

Update: 8/17/2011 I've added another one of these kits to my system to max out my board at 16gb. As expected, the additional ram did not notably increase my system performance. My reasoning behind adding the extra ram was because I could and I got a gold box deal on it. That being said, my initial review still stands in every aspect. Corsair ram rocks.

5.0 out of 5 stars Good, May 3, 2013
no problems. To be honest, I bought these because the internet told me to. I do everything the internet tells me to.

5.0 out of 5 stars Good Value Computer Upgrade, April 13, 2011
I just got this kit today to replace a 2GB single-channel module, and I am very pleased. Boot-up of Windows 7 home Premium 64-bit is much faster on my machine now. The two 4GB modules were easy to remove from the box, and the plastic cases simply snapped open. No box cutter required. I was initially concerned that the new modules wouldn't fit under the power cable for my Micro-ATX motherboard because of the added height of the aluminum heat-dispersing shields. However, they will apparently fit anywhere a normal DDR3 desktop module will fit. Just as a test after booting up, I began rendering a quick 720p video, creating a home movie DVD, playing music, playing a DVD, playing two separate 720p videos, playing a random Youtube video, and browsing pictures on my hard drive all simultaneously. I was limited only when after a few minutes my Athlon II X4 2.9GHz Quad-core reached 100% load and 125 degrees F, causing the fan to run loudly. I decided to close some things at that point. Memory usage in Task Manager never got above 50% though, so I can't imagine ever needing more than 8GB of RAM for daily home use. Most programs have a barely noticeable load time now. Smaller programs that used to require a few seconds of load time now run instantly, and all programs run smoother and faster than before. If you have the money, your system supports 8GB of DDR3 RAM, and you want to improve your computer's performance, you can't go wrong buying this RAM kit.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great RAM for a Great Price, April 21, 2012
Aaron Schug (Castle Rock, Co.) - See all my reviews
I bought the 8gb of the corsair vengeance blue for a gaming desktop that I built a few days ago(see specs below). The ram works great and can handle literally anything I can throw at it. Plus on the upside, they look amazing and are well built. The nice thing is that the come in 3 colors, black, blue, and red so you can mach it to what ever motherboard you bought.

Rig:
-NZXT Guardian 921 Case (4 fans)
-asus p8z68v-pro/gen3 motherboard
-intel i7 2600k CPU
-corsair vengance 8GB ram 1600mhz
-Seagate barracuda 2TB 7200 rpm hdd
-Cooler master CPU cooler
-Cooler master silent pro gold 1200W power supply
-dual EVGA GTX 570 sli
-Asus cd/dvd rw disk drive

5.0 out of 5 stars Corsair quality, September 27, 2011
Seems to be typical high quality Corsair offering. Reports seem to indicate that they have decent headroom for overclocking, although I just run them at stock settings. The heatsinks are tall, and they may conflict with big CPU coolers (depends on layout of MB). They also run at 1.5V, while some other 1600 RAM run at 1.65V.

RAM prices fluctuate like a commodity. The industry goes through cycles of shortages/glut, and right now, we are in the oversupply stage, hence the low, low prices. I can't see them going significantly lower than this (less than 50 bones for the 8GB kit as I write this). I picked up extra at these prices for future builds.

5.0 out of 5 stars Buy two of these instead of thr 16GB kit, October 29, 2011
Price-wise, $50 for 8GB is fantastic. Especially for the 1600MHz bandwidth.

Corsair, historically, has been a reputable brand name, thanks to providing quality components. But even under the best of times, problems can ensue.

Both kits arrived, with no atypical behavior suggesting a defective module is installed.

Why I recommend to buy two 8GB kits, even if there was a net increase of price: These modules are sold in kits, if one module is bad then the entire kit must be returned. The replacement kit could have a defective module as well. With two 8GB kits, if one module is bad, you still have a working computer while you wait for the exchange to arrive. If one module in each kit is bad, then you're still SOL as these sets are sold as 'matched pairs' to ensure reliability. Mixing RAM modules from various sets COULD induce performance problems. so when installing the RAM, also make sure to take the first package and put each module in slots 0 and 2 on the system board, with the other package put into slots 1 and 3.)

5.0 out of 5 stars As good as I'd hoped..., May 5, 2014
W. Mills (Winder, Ga. USA) - See all my reviews
I got two of these, one for myself and for my wife's system. I got these to go along with the blue theme from the Gigabyte MB. Goes well and performs flawlessly. I will be purchasing another two in the near future to bring both of our systems up to 16Gb.

I definitely recommend this product.

5.0 out of 5 stars Corsair Vengeance Blue 8 GB (2X4 GB) PC3-12800 1600mHz DDR3 240-Pin SDRAM..., April 14, 2014
What can I really say, it's ram!? It looks nice, and runs great; I don't know if the big blue sink is really necessary, but if you are into aesthetics, then go for it. I bought it because I thought my son would like the way it looks.

5.0 out of 5 stars good ram cheap and effective, May 9, 2014
my go to ram, is good looks nice, effective design whilst not compromising asthetics.
Buy some, you won't be disappointed.

5.0 out of 5 stars Nice and works as expected, May 7, 2014
Really nice looking rams, works as expected , I already bought this for a friend of mine to build a tower.