Your Garage botysf16 Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it PME Fire TV Stick Subscribe & Save Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer AllOrNothingS1 AllOrNothingS1 AllOrNothingS1  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro

Color: Gray|Change

TOP 500 REVIEWERon February 6, 2010
This is definitely the best step stool available on the market. I've had one for fifteen years and I made my mother buy one for the kitchen when I caught her climbing up on a chair to reach a high shelf. Basically everyone can use one of these, from children (who can use it as a chair as well as a ladder) to the elderly. It's perfect for changing light bulbs and dusting the top of the bookshelf.

It's very stable when open and you can pick it up and move it around and open and close it all with one hand. It's fine for painting 8 or 9 foot ceilings. It allows you to get pretty close to a vertical surface with the rear of the top step about 6" from the wall.

The steps are 14.5" wide and the bottom one is 8" deep and the top one is 10" deep. The bottom step is 9.5" from the floor and the top step is 20" from the floor. There are non-skid feet at all four corners and the steps have a deep diagonal safety tread. You can grab the back bar to steady yourself when stepping onto the bottom step and it touches your shins to provide a tactile clue to keep you steady when on the second step.

The metal has not rusted even though I keep it in the kitchen next to the refrigerator. Closed it is about 3" deep, 17.5" wide, and 42.25" tall so it's not hard to store.
88 comments|209 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on February 14, 2010
This item is described as "Meets ANSI Standard s for Type II Medium Household Rating"; however the label attached to the product clearly states Type III. Type II is a "medium" rating, Type III is a "light" rating. The stool was lower than expected and I've since seen it offered for sale at Home Depot for $10 less (not marked "Cosco" brand but obviously the same product). The stools at Home Depot were also marked Type III. I returned the stool to Amazon because of the incorrect description. I was impressed by the ease of returning the stool; Amazon arranged for UPS to pick up the package from my house at their expense. I'm not impressed that Amazon still hasn't corrected their product description.

I have since purchased an aluminum stool from Home Depot for under $20 which is rated Type II, is several inches higher than this item, and is much easier to carry around because of its light weight.
22 comments|138 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on December 20, 2013
I was pretty upset when this ladder arrived and it turned out to be flimsy, with warnings that the maximum weight limit is 200 lbs. I am a big guy and when I am carrying tools, I would not trust this step ladder at all. What is most irritating is that this was not made clear in the product description at the time of my purchase. It never entered my head (and I admit to being stupid not to think of it) that weight would be a consideration unless it was really excessive. However, it was certainly made clear as an issue along with the 56 other warnings that came with the packing and that are plastered all over the stool. So keep this in mind and what amount of weight you might be carrying while you stand on it and work.
on June 12, 2014
This stool folds to a very compact size - I can fit it in the space between my washer and the wall. There is a locking mechanism at the back of the stool to prevent it from folding while in use. It is sturdy and provides support.
review image
on December 7, 2011
The step stool seems little flimsy and not as sturdy as the one I had brought from Walmart. Moreover, this is smaller in size and expensive in price. I do use it but am cautious and nervous every-time.
on July 6, 2012
On the Amazon site under "From the Manufacturer" section it states that the weight capacity for the Cosco 11-135CLGG4 Folding Step Stool, 2-Step, Cool Gray is 225 lbs; however, when the product arrived the manufacturer's sticker on the step stool states the weight limit is 200 lbs. Disappointing as I was counting on that extra 25 lbs. to be a safety margin for weight capacity. Guess I'll have to police who uses it around the house.
on August 19, 2011
I used to have a BedandBath one, much better looking than this one but quite heavier and wider.
This one dissapointed me at first look, and I was very irritated when it slipped on my lenoleum kitchen floor.
I almost fell off. I need to figure out how to make it not slippery.
In the end I wanted a light and somewhat sturdy ladder. I couldn't find one anywhere else.
This replaced another two step stepstool that got lost in a move. The steps are great and very secure, but I found the handle a bit low. It doesnt really give you anything to grab when you are on the second step - it is down around my knees.
on January 18, 2013
Our kitchen has lots of hard to reach shelves. This little stool has been a wonderful addition to our kitchen. It folds out quickly and it's really sturdy. I weigh 200 pounds and feel fine going up on this thing. It folds up in a snap, too. If you're looking for a stool this is definitely worth the money.
on January 5, 2015
Not very good quality. It slides around on the floor because the feet are HARD PLASTIC instead of a more supple rubberized plastic that will grip the floor. Is sturdy enough to hold weight, but won't stay still. Very unsafe.