Other Sellers on Amazon
+ Free Shipping
+ Free Shipping
Cosco High Back Booster, Ava
- Forward facing with a harness for children 22 to 40 pounds
- Belt positioning booster for children 40 to 80 pounds
- The lightweight design makes for ease of traveling
- Complete with a 5 point harness and up front adjustment
- Features a removable cup holder
Frequently Bought Together
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
From the Manufacturer
Top Customer Reviews
It's definitely a no-frills seat, with minimal padding. This didn't seem to bother my daughter at all. She slept in it numerous times. However, I wish I had brought some soft car seat strap covers (like Jeep Strap Covers, Pink). By the end of the trip the shoulder straps had really rubbed my daughter's neck. Most car seats come with some sort of padding to prevent this, but not this one.
Also, the latch mechanism has metal clips instead of the seat-belt-like latches that are on my "nice" car seats. The clips are hard to release and generally irritating. As a result I mostly installed the seat using the shoulder belt instead of the latch system. The only tricky thing is that I had to read the car owner's manual to figure out how to unlock the shoulder belt automatic retraction mechanism. After doing it once or twice, I could install the car seat in less than 30 seconds, and it always felt super snug, with barely any wiggle room.
Overall, this car seat was a life-saver. I strapped it onto a GoGo Babyz Mini Travelmate, and my daughter rode in it through the airport, and then I carried it onto the small regional jet and easily installed it with the lap belt. A huge improvement over our last trip, when I brought our First Years True Fit Convertible Car Seat which was heavy and difficult to install on the fly.
1) It's light. I mean, really light. I can carry it with one hand, easily.
2) It's durable. Rigid plastic would probably crack over time (or at least have minute little fractures). This seat seems to be made of just the right material: slightly flexible yet hard plastic that has just the right amount of give.
3) I love the 5 point harness. My son is slim and short, but already 5.5 years old. He's too big for most convertible car seats, but I am quite pleased that he still (barely) fits in the 5 point harness. He'll graduate to the lap belt soon, but I'm happy to have had him in a 5 point for one last summer. It just feels safer.
4) I feel like those backless boosters aren't very secure. I like the back as a feature, and yet the whole seat is still quite slim and not bulky.
5) The price (!!!)
Most Recent Customer Reviews
Lightweight, easy to move in and out of the car. I bought this for my mother in laws car. I was amazed at how lite it is and I do feel it is very safe. Read morePublished 1 day ago by poorgirl
It fits well in a smaller backseat and good for a 4 year old.Published 1 day ago by Julie Renee Moneypenny
My son loves this seat. He finds it very comfortable and falls asleep quite often in it. Very safe and looks nice too.Published 3 days ago by TrippyLippy
Exactly what we were looking for! We put these in the back of my husbands Jeep Wrangler (small backseat!) for the kids to ride in here and there (no more switching car seats!). Read morePublished 12 days ago by Amazon Customer
COSCO IS THE BEST BRAND IN THE CAR SEATS ITS STRONG LIGHT WEIGHT COMFORTABLE FOR THE KID WILL OLNY USE THIS BRANDPublished 15 days ago by ml
Perfect for flying long distances with very active toddler. My daughter was unable to seat still on my lap when taking off. Read morePublished 17 days ago by Doly
Very practical option for Grandparents, works for toddlers and older. We have two that can be esily stacked and stored when not in use.Published 25 days ago by MomInOldsmar
Purchased for my 3 and 5 year old grandsons. Easy to install and remove.Published 25 days ago by AutumnMama