5.0 out of 5 stars It Makes The Mose Sense of Any Deck I've Used!
Published on December 10, 2003 by Sadie

3.0 out of 5 stars sarafinapsychic says
Dark deck. Pictures on line make me think it was brighter than it is. It is pretty though. Good if you're collecting.
Published 17 months ago by sarafinapsychic

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars It Makes The Mose Sense of Any Deck I've Used!, December 10, 2003
Sadie (Ventura, CA United States) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)
This review is from: Cosmic Tarot Deck (78 Tarot Cards/Cs78) (Cards)
I've tried many decks before picking up my first set of these cards. I use them so often I'm purchasing my third deck! I had a lot of trouble understanding the meaning behind the tarot cards until I picked up Cosmic Tarot. Everything suddenly became clear. The pictures are nice to look at and not confusing. They symbolism is clear and helpful. The court cards make more sense than any other deck out there. I highly recommend this deck for anyone.

5.0 out of 5 stars THE BEST DECK EVER!, June 2, 1999
By A Customer
This review is from: Cosmic Tarot Deck (78 Tarot Cards/Cs78) (Cards)
I've been using the Cosmic deck for about five years and I love them! I found the deck in a catalog, on a whim I bought it and has been love ever since! The deck is both magical, intense, intimidating, colorful, beautifully drawn and yet simple (for me that is). I love some the pictures of the characters bec. I compare them to real life people. For example, the Prince of Pentacles looks like Charles Bronson (even though he doesn't exhibit those characteristics), the 4 of Wands looks like Deanna Troi from Star Trek. I must warn you that the deck isn't for everyone (what deck is?), but for me it's very intense, which is why I love it. I look at the pictures and can see so much! When I have done readings I have received so many compliments over how beautiful and different this deck is. I have used the Rider deck and never felt the bond I feel w/this deck. I have to tell you, if you do buy this deck, YOU MUST BUY THE ACCOMPANYING BOOK! There are pictures and meanings that do not correspond to "regular" tarot cards, but then again, every deck is different. This is the only deck for me! I call them my "buddies!"

5.0 out of 5 stars just a beautiful deck!, September 2, 2005
This review is from: Cosmic Tarot Deck (78 Tarot Cards/Cs78) (Cards)
The deck is beautiful indeed, and it is very accurate for me. When you buy it, consider the fact that the deck is more Thoth based, than Raider-Waite. So if all your books are for RWS, you, probably, want to buy a special book for this deck.

Anyway, I never did, and still can read with the deck, and enjoy it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Anyone can read with this deck..., August 20, 2005
This review is from: Cosmic Tarot Deck (78 Tarot Cards/Cs78) (Cards)
Hands down my favorite Tarot deck. The images are rich with symbolism that anyone can understand, and that's important when you're a novice reader.

The cards do have a 1930's or 1940's Hollywood feel to them; the images are supposed to portray specific actors and actresses from that era, but I personally don't notice these resemblances when I'm doing a reading. I think the artist just happened to hit on the right face for each of the various cards. What is noticeable is how the blue, black, and white colors and the shading effects used in the art seem to deepen and enhance certain symbolic elements of each card.

I didn't think the companion book was particularly helpful; but since the deck almost reads itself to you, a book may not be necessary for everyone. I would alternately recommend Laura Clarson's book on this deck instead.

5.0 out of 5 stars The Cosmic Tarot Deck, February 18, 1999
By A Customer
This review is from: Cosmic Tarot Deck (78 Tarot Cards/Cs78) (Cards)
This is a very beautiful deck by the German artist Norbert Losche. The people appear to be alive with expression, their thoughts captured; they intuitively convey the meanings of each card. The modern symbolism adds familiarity and accesibility to the reader. These archetyple images open up a vast reservoir of intuitive knowledge. The Minor Arcana cards are equally as inspiring as the Major Arcana thus the continuity is preserved. I have literally done hundreds of readings with this deck and I'll always use it and recommend it to those who are looking for new cards such as yourself. Very well worth the money!
James A. Hamilton

4.0 out of 5 stars Good deck with some defaults., November 4, 2006
This review is from: Cosmic Tarot Deck (78 Tarot Cards/Cs78) (Cards)
The deck is very interesting,but i prefer the ag muller's version.This version doesn't have a print as good as the original..Another problem:The sun's card is incomplete..the author forgot to put the number "xix" over it and "the sun" is white..few color..its not a great card..could be better.

4.0 out of 5 stars soo..., October 21, 2011
This review is from: Cosmic Tarot Deck (78 Tarot Cards/Cs78) (Cards)
this deck is gorgeous, i absolutely adore it, though my only complaint is that on a few of the cards there was a blue bacwards "L" near the title of the card (clearly its not meant to be there), so I had to return it and get a replacement, so beware you may get a defected deck.

5.0 out of 5 stars FX Schmid 1988 version printed in West Germany (English Edition), August 6, 2011
This review is from: Cosmic Tarot Deck (78 Tarot Cards/Cs78) (Cards)
FX Schmid 1988 version printed in West Germany (English Edition). The first printing was in 1986. I saw these in a shop about 22 yrs ago (probably between 1989 and early 1990). I had to have them. I had never owned my own tarot. The images are quite telling (as the Waite decks are). Unlike the Waite decks, these cards really evoke feeling for me. Interpretation is never an issue. This was by design by artist Norbert Losche.

I have looked at hundreds of decks and not found one I liked more. They speak to me in a way I can not explain. I am still hunting for another deack to mix things up. I can not find another that speaks to me the same. Not even close.

I do admit to buying the Housewives Tarot for fun as the images are extremely humorous. I will probably never read with them though.

Back to Cosmic Torot: An instruction booklet of approx 34 pages came inside the beautiful box. The images on the cards are all as beautiful as the 2 cards depicted on the outside of it.

It continues to be published by AGMuller but is also distributed by US Games in boxes showing their copyright. I understand some versions were printed in Belgium. I do not know all locations of printing, just that mine is the original from West Germany (as printed on my box along with the date of 1988 and English Edition)

The pattern on the backs do not have a direction. This is great because then it doesn't give away if a card is in reverse.
Some of the cards do have mild resemblance to old movie stars. One card has a face similar to Garbo, another Sean Connery, etc. This is not distracting from reading this deck. Everyone I have read for (I only do so for free) has loved the cards. They are not the slightest bit disappointed they are not more traditional. I believe it is that the symbolism is still very strong on these cards. This also makes it a great choice for all levels of tarot readers. I have never had an inaccurate reading with them. I am sure the newer printings are every bit as lovely as mine. These are a must have if the art (you can see pictures on the internet) speaks to you.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great Artwork, February 11, 2013
This review is from: Cosmic Tarot Deck (78 Tarot Cards/Cs78) (Cards)
The artwork in the deck is beautiful & interesting. The people are modeled after famous actors and actresses. I bought this deck as a gift for a friend since she had trouble finding it locally.

4.0 out of 5 stars An interesting deck...., January 3, 2013
This review is from: Cosmic Tarot Deck (78 Tarot Cards/Cs78) (Cards)
Much of the art in this deck is copied from famous classic Hollywood photographs. This is not advertised, but as you look through the imagery, you start to recognize faces and scenes, like the 5 of Wands from West Side Story, or Glenda the Good Witch as Justice. A strange little deck, but overall I am pleased, I like the colors and the way it reads.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

Cosmic Tarot Deck (78 Tarot Cards/Cs78)
Cosmic Tarot Deck (78 Tarot Cards/Cs78) by Norbert Losche (Cards - June 1, 1986)
$25.00 $15.36
In stock but may require an extra 1-2 days to process.
Rate and Discover Movies