5.0 out of 5 stars Great!
I spent god knows how many hours searching for the perfect inexpensive camera strap. Over 15 or 20 dollars for a strap and I imagine you may be getting screwed. These things are very inexpensive materials, even for a small cushioned or padded strap.

Published on April 17, 2012 by Kam Saremi

2.0 out of 5 stars Beware of Black Resedue
The strap is very comfortable and looks better than any strap that comes with a lens camera. The problem is over time the strap is leaving black filth around the neck of the wearer and on their clothes.
Published 17 months ago by Roland

5.0 out of 5 stars Great!, April 17, 2012
This review is from: Cosmos Black Elasticity Anti-Slip Elastic Neoprene/Silicone Camera/shoulder/grip Neck Strap Belt for Panasonic Sony Canon Nikon Fuji Olympus Pentax Dslr + Cosmos Cable Tie (Camera)

Anyways, this strap is MUCCHHHH more comfortable than the original manufacturer strap I got with my Canon t2i. That canon strap was so irritating with my neck and it was not too comfortable.

This neoprene is very soft and gentle, it gives a very cushioning feeling. I can imagine it getting annoying after a few hours of wearing but only from the weight, not any skin irritation or issues with that. The weight issue is something that would happen no matter what strap you have, I believe some person in these reviews mentions something about it hurting them after a few hours. Theres no strap that will avoid that.

Anyways, for the price this is an amazing strap and I am done looking.

One thing to note: the length of the strap is significantly less. I usually wear my strap so my camera hangs around my belly button or a little higher.

With this one the maximum I could reach was about two inches above that.. at max. It was a small issue but I have gotten used to it and I am average height, 5'8". Just be aware of that before buying.. in case you like to hang your camera down below ur knees you probably wouldnt be able to do that with this... :P

4.0 out of 5 stars Fits my Canon SX40, and is a better strap than most, August 4, 2012
The Cosmos strap replaces the original Canon strap that came with my SX40, a camera that only weighs 21 ounces. The trouble with 21 ounces is that after 5 miles of hiking, it becomes 10 pounds, and the weight is concentrated.

This is the fifth strap that I've bought through Amazon, and it is the overall best that I've tried. It's not perfect, but it is an improvement.

I saw that the Cosmos was wider than the Canon original, and I thought it would disperse the weight better, and it does! It is definitely more comfortable than the Canon strap, BUT I wish it was padded and that the edges were curled (called "beading" by those who sew). I've yet to find a strap like that that would last [see other review] and stand up to sweat.

Although I had some difficulty in putting it on the camera - I ALWAYS have difficulty - and that it is somewhat narrower than I'd like, I still give it 4 stars.

2.0 out of 5 stars Beware of Black Resedue, March 19, 2013

3.0 out of 5 stars Nice strap, but far too short for me..., November 16, 2012
I picked up a Sony Nex 6 a few days ago and the strap that came with it felt cheap and uncomfortable. So I wanted a comfortable inexpensive strap to hold me over while waiting for my USA made LumaLabs Cinch strap to arrive (at 7x the price), which currently has a 2-4 week waiting period. This strap is much more comfortable than my stock strap and the padding is plenty thick and cushiony. But there's two things I don't like about it:

First, it's quite short. My camera sits just above my belly button with the strap extended as far out as possible. Which leads to my second issue, you can't put it across your shoulders and still use the camera, unless you're really small (could be a great size for short slender females), thus all the weight is on your neck, pulling it forward, which is horrible for your neck. Most of us, myself included, already have forward positioned necks from working at computers all day with imperfect form. This just adds to the problem.

It does the job for now, and at the price it's a nice, simple, and comfortable strap, but I can't see myself using it after I get the shoulder strap because of the neck strain it will eventually cause.

5.0 out of 5 stars An excellent replacement for that thin, factory included neck annoyer., May 10, 2013
This is very well made. The neoprene is comfortable. I have a large lens on my camera that adds
a lot of weight to the overall system. This strap makes a difference between a comfortable day of
photography and misery.
I would buy this again but given the overall construction I doubt I'll have to.

4.0 out of 5 stars non slip, June 4, 2012
SCR "SCR" (HICKORY, NC, US) - See all my reviews
This is a great alternative strap.
Much more comfortable than the cheap ones that come with the cameras.
looks like it will hold up for a while.
I would have given it 5 stars if it was just a little longer.
But all things considered, a great buy for under $10

4.0 out of 5 stars It works, April 21, 2013
Replace the small Panasonic strap that came with our FZ150 with this smaller strap! I thought from the description thatit would be a few inches longer than the original. It is nicely padded and a little bit stretchy so we still use it. Although it has a strong rubber or plastic smell that came along with it and hasnt left yet. ?

5.0 out of 5 stars BEST DSLR STRAP AVAILABLE!, August 5, 2012
David G. Ballou (Lyndonville, VT United States) - See all my reviews
I have this strap on both my Canon 5D and my Canon T4i. It is the most comfortable strap on the market at a very affordable price. For cameras such as the 5D where weight is an issue you can't go wrong a Comos neoprene strap.

4.0 out of 5 stars Comfortable, Durable, ALMOST Universal . . ., August 4, 2012
This camera strap is darn nearly everything you'd want & expect from such an accessory. Light weight, durable, comfortable, reasonably priced. The neoprene allows my neck to breathe. I am so glad I have mine!

So why only 4 stars? The ends of the strap are too large to fit into the holes in my camera. Absolutely impossible as is.

SOLUTION: For about $6.00 here on Amazon, I bought these tiny little "Mini Quick Disconnect / Connectors". HOME RUN! Problem solved.

If this applies to you, search Amazon for "OP/TECH USA 1301082 System Connectors (Mini QD Loops) - Extra Connectors for OP/TECH USA Compact Straps with Mini Quick Disconnects".

If this Cosmos camera strap had come with this type of connector, this would be a 5-Star rating, instead of only a "4".

That said - the Cosmos Black Elasticity Yadda-Yadda-Yadda Camera Strap is of extremely high quality and craftsmanship, I've used it ceaselessly since I got it, and I'm very glad to have it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great camera strap for Canon PowerShot SX40, April 3, 2012
Flyer101 (Hanson, MA United States) - See all my reviews
This camera strap is very comfortable. It distributes the weight of the camera so it doesn't feel so heavy on the back of my neck, and the material of the strap doesn't irritate my skin. It's a great value for $7.99.

Rate and Discover Movies