4.0 out of 5 stars FOX needs to remove their ads from this show
The first episode of Cosmos was great! Unfortunately, i won't be buying anymore episodes until FOX removes their stupid ads from the episodes. I buy my TV shows online to avoid commercials, so I'm not going to pay $2 an episode and be forced to watch commercials anyway. Hopefully FOX will limit their greed in the future.
Published 5 months ago by Amazon Customer

2.0 out of 5 stars Great show, but I'm not going to pay for ads.
Huge fan of the original and I loved this first episode. But advertisements are included with the content and I won't be buying anymore. I'll either find it elsewhere or wait for it to show up on Netflix. One of the reasons I enjoy buying shows and movies on Amazon Instant is because I can pay for the content and get away from the ads.

Either Amazon needs to...
Published 5 months ago by Drew Clinton

4.0 out of 5 stars FOX needs to remove their ads from this show, March 10, 2014
Amazon Customer "bookworm" (Indiana, U and S of the A) - See all my reviews

4.0 out of 5 stars Please remove the ads, March 10, 2014
The show is good, but please remove the Fox ads from the video. That's not what I paid for, and streaming video is not blu-ray.

4.0 out of 5 stars Remove ads plz, March 12, 2014
Man, this looks great... I miss Carl of course, and the poetry and gravitas he would bring, but NDgT is the only other person who could have done this. So I'm very happy with the show.
But please remove the FOX ads. I've just been roaming the Cosmos and meditating on my place within it. I want to stay in that place, not hear what other crap FOX thinks I'd like... In fact I'd like to forget, as much as possible, that I'm watching fox... god I can't imagine how this plays on network, with the commercial breaks. Gross.
The long and short of it, I came here and paid specifically NOT to be advertised to. And they did it anyway. Stop.

4.0 out of 5 stars Premium content that has comercials, March 11, 2014
The episode was great other then the commercials littered throughout the episode. I too will not buy another episode off Amazon until I receive honest goods for the premium price I paid for it.

2.0 out of 5 stars Great show, but I'm not going to pay for ads., March 11, 2014

Either Amazon needs to be upfront about the fact that the purchase comes with advertisements or they need to keep Fox from including them.

5.0 out of 5 stars Won Me Over After Initial Dismay, March 9, 2014
After watching the first segment of the first episode I turned to my husband and lamented the fact that I'm more cynical than I want to be. I wanted to be inspired and enraptured with the show from the first moment but instead I discerned the emotional manipulation of music, photography and sophisticated special effects. I said, "I'm not learning anything from this. It's all just presentation with no substance."

Then the next segment came on and Dr. Tyson introduced the idea that to better understand where we are in the cosmos, we need to know our cosmic address. This is when the show really took off for me.

By the end of the program I was introduced to new ideas, historical figures in astronomy and grasped the rough outline of what a cosmic year is. I don't expect to be taught science from Cosmos so much as I expect to be motivated to pursue more information on new ideas this show will introduce me to over the course of each episode.

I find this to be highly worthwhile television programming that will spark thought and conversation among its viewers. I'm hopeful the conversation will be intelligent but am grateful to have any discussions of substantive concepts instead of meaningless gabbing over irrelevant things like who mispronounced a name at the Oscars.

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing!, March 9, 2014
The first episode was very well done! Tyson has a way of explaining things and conveying complicated ideas that is both entertaining and really makes sense. The visual affects were very appealing and the show flowed from beginning to end beautifully. My 8 and 9 year olds also enjoyed the show and they actually paid attention! I truly feel that Tyson and "Cosmos" crew have created something that Carl Sagan would be immensely proud of. I look forward to making this show my family's weekly Sunday habit.

5.0 out of 5 stars Attended the preview at the Planetarium in St Louis, March 8, 2014
Ryan Barrettt (Maryland Heights, mo United States) - See all my reviews
Attended a viewing of the first episode at my local science center/planetarium.

I went in with high expectations and they have blown those away.

Excellent story telling (as expected by Neil deGrasse Tyson). The CGI and animations brought everything home.

4.0 out of 5 stars stop showing commercials for fox!!!!!, April 15, 2014
i absolutely love this show but the reason i buy it outright through amazon is so i dont have to watch commercials. please stop. it is rude.

1.0 out of 5 stars What the garbage?, April 9, 2014
This review is from: Cosmos: A Spacetime Odyssey Season 1 (Amazon Instant Video)
Why are there ads on this show?

I do not understand, I paid 3 dollars to watch a single episode, and I ALSO have to sit through FOX ads?

I cannot support this nonsense. It's unfortunate, because I have been waiting for this show for a long, long time.

It's the principle of the matter.

Rate and Discover Movies