Your Garage botysf16 Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Recess Monkey Fire TV Stick Subscribe & Save Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer AllOrNothingS1 AllOrNothingS1 AllOrNothingS1  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro STEM

83%
17%
Format: Audio CD|Change

on June 9, 2009
This kind of music is different for me. After getting more into the heavier scene in the last few years listening to this record showed me its okay to have a softer side too. While I like worship groups like mercy me and third day I also like heavier bands like war of ages and sleeping giant. This band is in the middle. They aren't a metal band or even a hard rock band but they still have guitars and would fall under the rock category for most people. Songs like "need" are soft but also very moody and really draw me closer to God after listening.
Others like "science of the sky" are rockin with great lyrics pointing to the Creator.
I'd have to say a lot of this album helped me through some hard times in my life. After loosing my mother to diabetes in january this record cheered me up knowing Gods in control of everything. When she went in to a diabetic coma back last september I listened to "fire colors" a lot and it helped me grow in my faith even more with the lyrics showing hope and faith, that we're not here with no purpose and we all die but theres the Lord above who knows when its our time. Even now listening to this song helps me deal with loosing my mom. I know shes okay, and this band is a great one for reaching out with a positive message rather than a negative one. SO many bands these days are too negative (radio rock like seether and three days grace) but guys like these are great!

Download: science of the sky, fire colors, drown
on February 12, 2009
I've been a fan of Falling Up for quite some time now, and when I heard that Joseph Kisselburgh was leaving to start working on his own projects, I didn't pay much attention. When my local Christian Rock station announced that his band was called The Send and they would start playing some of their music, I still didn't pay a lot of attention. Then they began playing "An Epiphany," and I started listening. When
"Need" started airing, I was hooked. This was really brilliant music with great beats and deep lyrics. Kisselburgh is truly a talented musician.

My first exposure to the album "Cosmos" was when I saw it at my local library. I checked it out thinking that I would probably like only the two songs that were played regularly on my radio station. I was wrong. Every song on this album is radio-worthy in my opinion. I now own the album and listen to it constantly. Here are a few highlights...

"Fair-weather" - This is a wonderful, upbeat song that I could listen to over and over and over again and never get tired of. I really wish this had been the first song they played on the radio because then I know I would have been hooked from the beginning!

"Begin" - My favorite song on this record, this has really great lyrics that say, "I've turned away from You, God, and I don't like it. I'm ready to come back to You and start all over again." The chorus is really powerful toward the end of the song where it sounds like a large group singing together (although it sounds as if it's just a lot of Kisselburghs) which really drives home that many people feel this way and are singing the same song in their hearts.

"Drown" - Second favorite song, but only by a tiny bit (this was a contender for #1 favorite). The lyrics of this one are like "Begin," saying that God is the only thing that can truly save us from sinking too deep into this world and that we need Him to pull us back up.

"In Repose" - It isn't always true that the last track on a record is a good one. In my experience, a lot of CDs aren't as good once you've gotten about half-way through them. Not this one, though. Like some of my other favorite bands (e.g., Falling Up, Skillet, RED, etc.), the last track just leaves me wanting more. A great power ballad, this song ends this project well and I hope Kisselburgh is working on more.

Overall, every song on this album is worth listening to, especially if you're into Christian Rock/Pop with heavy God-centered lyrics. This is a great album that I listen to constantly on my iPod.
on November 21, 2007
A little while ago, former guitarist Joseph Kisselburgh left his previous band Falling Up. He felt led to pursue his dreams of becoming a solo artist and sharing his thoughts and passions with the world around him. That dream has become a reality, and Joe and his new band, The Send, are set to debut with their release, Cosmos.

The sweet, alluring sounds of electric riffs and ambient vocals fill the air on "Need," a song that declares God as the ultimate source of our provision and security. Following the opening track is "Fairweather," a declaration that displays how a relationship with God is what will carry us through when fake friends stab us in the back, "You are the One who will keep me breathing, when all I have been is hurt by fairweather friends." The hit single, "An Epiphany," outlines how Jesus' love makes the purpose and meaning of life crystal clear for us, while "Blocking The Sun" relies on trust in God to help us make the right choices and decisions. The captivating mood of "Begin" is somewhat "hymn-like," both musically and vocally, with the lyrical message being a cry directed toward God to begin and resume working in our lives.

"The Fall" reminds us how things around us seem to unravel whenever God is absent from the picture ("Everything falls apart, when You're not here everything falls apart..."), whereas "Drown" could be referred to as a desperate cry for salvation. The mesmerizing disposition of "Santiam" revels in the presence of God and the immensity of His awesome power, with Kisselburgh's signature voice blended in for an added touch. "The Science Of The Sky" illustrates an intriguing longing for God to speak, while the message of "Dawn And Dusk" portrays the difficult choice to live for God or to live for ourselves and how we are often torn between the two.

The soft, acoustic "Say" could be a love ballad penned for a special girl or for God, depending on how the listener interprets the song. "Fire Colors" symbolizes the simple and blatant truth: life is short, and we need to make the most of it, while the melodic finale "In Repose" depicts how we all seem to fall asleep spiritually at times, yet we need to be willing to turn our hearts back to our Creator ("You know my heart is falling asleep...and I know my heart has fallen asleep, But You'll still remain, and I'll change to see You").

While Cosmos isn't as aggressive and somewhat raucious like music you would expect to be produced from a Falling Up project, the record is still dynamic as well as refreshing. Its craftsmanship is incomparable and practically screams recognition and acknowledgement. What makes this LP even more appealing and ear-pleasing is the fact that almost every song on the album hints at God and His love in some shape or form, bringing spirituality into the mix. Another impressive feature is that the majority of the instruments and vocals are played and sung by Kisselburgh himself. As someone who's enjoyed Joseph's previous venture, Falling Up, it may be biased to say this, but Cosmos is definitely out of this world.
on January 26, 2009
I just heard this cd for the first time. Wow. Its amazing. I love Joe Kisselburgh's voice and the lyrics are really good too. There is not a song on the cd that I didnt like. Cosmos is a definite keeper. I love it.
Amazingly, Jesusfreakhideout.com has a review that is pretty much word for word the same as that by David Gottschling "Dave." However, that review is written by Laura Sproull. Though a "rival" zine, I have a lot of respect for John DiBiase' operation at Jfreak, so if Laura did steal from you Dave, please report it and I know John will deal with it quickly. If you took her review, you shouldn't be posting other reviews without credit and you shouldn't be posting pretty much the whole review - credited quotes are fine. Either way, it hardly takes that much more time to give credit and/or link to someone. There's really no excuse for not doing it.

p.s. I have not heard the whole CD but have heard Need, Blocking the Sun and Epiphany. Based on those, the Send sounds a lot like the sound of Falling Up's Captiva, but Even Better. "Epiphany" is one of the best songs of the year. Incredibly gorgeous and powerful. Unfortunately, the band is reported to have broke up, which caused them to drop off the Dizmas led 5 for 5 tour 2008. I have a post on it at ChristianConcertzine.com
on July 1, 2015