Automotive Holiday Deals Books Holiday Gift Guide Shop Men's Athletic Shoes Learn more nav_sap_plcc_6M_fly_beacon Adele egg_2015 All-New Amazon Fire TV Get Ready for the Winter Martha Stewart American Made Find the Best Purina Pro Plan for Your Pet Amazon Gift Card Offer minions minions minions  Amazon Echo Starting at $84.99 Kindle Black Friday Deals BestoftheYear Shop Now HTL

on July 18, 2012
I have a MacBook Air and was looking for a fairly inexpensive mouse to use from time to time when working on projects from home. The trackpad on my Mac is great and easy to use but sometimes I just want a real mouse. I opted for the Cosmos black wireless mouse and I'm very happy with my choice so far. As far as compatibility with Mac, I had no problems. I simply plugged in the USB receiver and the mouse was working. Some previous reviewers commented on the mouse feeling "cheap". It is cheap! For the price, I'm not sure it is reasonable to expect differently. The body is made from a somewhat "cheap" feeling plastic but it doesn't feel like it is going to break easily with normal use or anything. The top portion (where your hand sits and the buttons are) is a more matte, rubbery material which feels nice makes the mouse look great. The buttons are "just right" for me; not too sensitive yet you don't have to press too hard (similar sensitivity to the Mac trackpad).
Overall, if you are looking for a wireless mouse with a sleek appearance to compliment your Mac but you don't want to pay for the Magic Mouse then this is a good choice. The material quality is not outstanding but it feels like it will certainly tolerate normal everyday use. Well worth what I paid.
on August 30, 2012
I usually use my desktop, but when I use my laptop for long periods of time, I prefer to use a separate mouse for comfort and ease-of-use. I didn't want a corded mouse and I wanted something that would match my laptop (a black and silver Acer Aspire Timeline).

I noticed the mixed reviews about this mouse and I thought I would share my experience. Yes, the mouse feels very cheap and the picture makes the mouse look nicer than it is. When you flip the mouse over, you can see the cheapness. It is crappy, flimsy plastic with very cheap-looking silver paint and some nonsensical Engrish that says it's compatible with "all kinds of Motherboard Dos of CPU", hahaha. BUT, when you flip it back over to the top, you can barely see the cheap plasticky underside. The smooth, black matte finish looks great next to a black laptop, giving it a classy appearance and the mouse itself is light and comfortable to use. I use the mouse next to my laptop oftentimes at the dinner table and I find the mouse quick and responsive. I noticed another reviewer said that the mouse didn't work after coming back from hibernate. That is probably true with an earlier model of the mouse, but they might have fixed that problem because mine responds almost immediately. I have left the USB plug in my laptop for pretty much the whole time that I've owned the mouse and it is unobtrusive and inconspicuous.

My main gripe is that the scrolling wheel is made out of a sticky rubber material that attracts dust, fuzz, random food particles, etc. The best way to clean it is to use a damp microfiber cloth.

Also note that on the product description page, it says "The service life of one AA alkaline battery is UP TO SIX MONTHS" - the mouse uses one AAA battery, NOT an AA battery. I picked up some cheapo generic AAA batteries and so far it has powered the mouse perfectly fine for the 3.5 weeks I've owned the mouse and still going strong. I can't vouch for the six months claim, but I'll post an update if/when I find out.

Overall, no, this isn't the best mouse I've used, it's not the most ergonomic or solid and it probably won't replace a fancy, brand name mouse. However, for a $10 wireless mouse, it's a great deal and it works just fine for my purposes.

UPDATE: The battery crapped out after 3 months. Nowhere near as advertised, but not too draining. Mouse still works fine.
11 commentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on August 28, 2011
I was pretty excited to get what I needed for such a good price. There was a dealbreaker that forced me to return it. I have a macbook pro 15" and it worked great!...HERE'S THE RUB...Anytime that I allowed the display to go to sleep, or closed and reopend it, the mouse would not work once the machine is awoken. The only way to make it work is if I unplug the USB and plug back in. I just woud not want to have to do that every time I wake up my computer. I did play around with the settings, but could not find a way to eliminate the need to uplug and plug to start using the mouse again. I could have changed settings, but nothing seemed to work. I haven't found a replacement, yet.
1212 commentsWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on December 27, 2011
This was a gift for someone else. It looks just as it does in the picture. Please note that the USB is inside where the batteries go, not packed separately or loosely.
on June 28, 2014
Efficient is the best word for this mouse. One thing I would definitely suggest is changing the colors from a glowing color to a matte, should make it more stylish.

Mouse works perfectly, goes to sleep when my laptop does so the batter is saved, when I return to use the laptop all I have to do is push the button under the roller bar and mouse goes back to work in no time.

I've received great comments about it, and my roommate is about to order one of these to herself.
review image
3. on and off switch on mouse to save battery
4. auto standby/shut off when not used for a period of time
5. compatible with both pc and mac
6. good size and portability
7. sensitive to movement (pointer follows nicely)
1. a little too flat for ergonomic design. (doesnt put wrist in an efficient position to click the mouse)
2. needs to be on a solid surface for the infrared to read better
on August 22, 2012
I got myself a laptop and was looking forward to buying a wireless mouse for it, when I found this one seeing how I was in a budget I went with this one. After having it for a couple of months now I can happily recommend this mouse for those looking for something cheap but very good.
on June 5, 2012
Updating my review. Still using it and going strong. I have two now and love them both I use the black one and gave this one to my parents. It is the best value I have used. It is exactly what I need it to be. 5 stars, definitely recommend buying one. Also, remember this is ONLY a 10 dollar mouse, so if you find the smallest problem with it, don't be upset. Only quriky thing I find is anytime I close my laptop I have to replug the USB, but that is easy to do for a 10 dollar mouse.

This mouse is good to just get the job done.
* Construction: First, I have to talk about it because you'll think this is a cheap product as soon as you pick it up. It is made of plastic so it is super light, and probably not very durable. However, I travel with it all the time. Toss in my back pack and have had no issues with it breaking. When you first pick it up you'll think, "Am I going to break it?" Unless you are slamming your mouse around it works fine for regular use. That is my experience. I don't take great care of it.

* Battery Life: Owned for +11 weeks. Replaced AA batteries maybe twice. Haven't been paying attention.

* Connection: Just plug into USB and go. It is awesome. I am using the mouse as fast as you can snap.

* Usage:
o Use with 15" MacBook Pro Snow Leopard
o Used mouse for +6 hours straight with no problems.
o It is not my primary mouse, but I do use frequently works great!

* Things I've Used the mouse to do:
o +4 hours of playing online games.
o Manage Email
o Manage Photos.
o General Web surfing, etc.

* Features:
o Click wheel works just fine.
o I have never accidentally clicked the DPI button that someone mention. Don't really use it.
o The USB connector fits in the mouse when not in use, which is awesome so you never lose it.
o Battery Stand by mode to safe batter life. So many times I have left it on for hours and came back to it and have yet to change the batter more than once since I bought it.

* Troubleshooting: If you leave your computer idle for a long time and it happens not to work, just unplug and re-plug connector you are back and ready to go. Usually when I come back to my computer the mouse connects right back. You do need to make sure the surface you are using response to the infrared.

For roughly 10 bucks it is definitely a best buy. I got myself another one and gave this to my dad.

Last thought, totally agree with this quote, "If you are super picky about quality, click button pressure or scroll wheel tension don't bother with this mouse. If you want a nice mouse that works great for an awesome price, this one is for you!"
on April 17, 2014
Took a few days to start working. Needs to be 'woken up' every time your hand comes off of it. Stopped working Not even two months after purchase. I would like a refund for this product.
on November 17, 2011
First off i have to say the seller got this mouse shipped to me efficiently and the mouse works great! It is better than most mouse's i have. It's great to have a wireless mouse for my laptop, and what is even better is that the mouse when left on, goes into a power standby mode until you move it or click it and then it comes back on which saves battery life on it! very cool! I have gone through less batteries and time with this mouse than others before! I highly reccomend! The black slim design is so sleek and compact that I will have to buy another one or more for my PC systems! Also was so cool i bought my wife the pink version of this one and she loves it!
33 commentsWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse