Truck Month Textbook Trade In Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_cbcc_7_fly_beacon Sixx AM Fire TV with 4k Ultra HD Grocery Mother's Day Gifts Amazon Gift Card Offer ctstrph2 ctstrph2 ctstrph2  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Fire, Only $39.99 Kindle Paperwhite UniOrlando Shop Now May4th

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-9 of 9 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Dec 27, 2011 8:57:43 AM PST
Christina says:
Why is the Kindle edition of this book more expensive than the hard cover???? Makes no sense. I may have to go back to just buying books if this is the way it is going to be. I was going to upgrade my Kindle but under these circumstances I would not buy another one. Some books are cheaper but it seems to be going more & more the other way.

Posted on Jan 16, 2012 11:09:38 AM PST
I Agree! I was surprised to see Jodi Picoult's "Lone Wolf" at $14.99 when I could get it in hard bound for that at Costco. I feel they should charge no more than $9.99 for any e-books since it is being sent directly to the reader.

Posted on Feb 6, 2012 10:59:52 PM PST
Lady Galaxy says:
Please remember that Amazon does not set the price for Kindle editions for all books. Some publishers have followed what's known as the "agency model" (thanks to the folks who brought you the iPod) which allows them to set their own prices. Whenever I find a Kindle edition that I feel is is priced too high, I go to the publisher's website to look for a feedback option. I then send them the message that I will not buy the book until they drop the price. If enough people would do that, perhaps the publishers would take a second look at their price structure for Kindle editions.

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 23, 2012 12:22:25 PM PST
I fully agree with you Lady Galaxy.

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 23, 2012 12:24:54 PM PST
Chris, I bought mine at Costco as well. Why purchase from Kindle at that rate.

Posted on Feb 23, 2012 4:36:50 PM PST
Christina says:
I just went to purchase another book only to find that the Kindle edition was nearly $20. I got the hard cover for only $10.97. I would like to know how the publishers can justify that.

Posted on Mar 8, 2012 2:00:56 PM PST
Sarah says:
The same thing happened with Sing You Home last year. It eventually came down in price, you just have to wait it out.

Posted on Mar 12, 2012 10:49:23 AM PDT
B. Adams says:
The price just came down to $12.99...feel bad for the people who paid $14.99 not too long ago.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 6, 2012 12:03:57 PM PST
If you want to read a book fast, then getting it on your phone or Kindle cannot be beat. Since I don't hold onto books these days unless they are very special, having them digitally saves me physical space and protects the environment. I don't like it when publishers charge more for the digital version, but I don't think it's crazy.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Discussion in:  Lone Wolf: A Novel forum
Participants:  7
Total posts:  9
Initial post:  Dec 27, 2011
Latest post:  Nov 6, 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 3 customers

Search Customer Discussions
This discussion is about