Tips for Personalizing Spaces
Little things make a big difference in any room. Personalize your spaces with displays that show your personality and interests.
- Book It: Grab a few of your favorite books and stack them on a table. Top with a small bouquet of fresh flowers.
- Cute Cluster: Use some old glass bottles to create a centerpiece highlighting garden clippings-it's more interesting than a standard vase.
- Collective Display: Show off hat collections by hanging them on the walls instead of art.
- Serving a Purpose: Use a serving tray or bowl to display accessories such as seashells, rocks, jewelry, and more.
- Memories in a Bottle: Fill old apothecary bottles or jars with sand from vacations and group these together on a mantel or shelf.
Images from New Cottage Style
From the Back Cover
casual, livable decorating
Learn to create the relaxed look and comfortable feel of cottage style with the hundreds of photos and ideas on these pages.
In this all-new edition you'll find:
Decorating inspiration Discover the new side of cottage stylepared-down rooms that are still comfy and full of character.
Style options Explore the varied looksclassic, sophisticated, modern, beachyto find a look that suits your home.
Room makeovers Browse before-and-after photos, and glean ideas for your own amazing room transformations.
Style lessons Learn how to freshen up and better organize porches, laundry rooms, hobby areas, and other special spaces.
Quick projects Bring cottage style to your home with do-in-a-day (or even a few hours) projects and ideas.