Amazon.com: Customer Reviews:
Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Jake Owen Fire TV Stick Sun Care Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer angrybirds angrybirds angrybirds  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Water Sports STEM

• Customer Reviews

on June 16, 2012
I have been wearing gold toe socks for 20 years (both white and black). Just bought this pack, and am shocked on how cheap this socks have been made. The socks shed lint like crazy. The quality of the materials has changed for the worse. I would not buy these socks again.
1212 comments| 342 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on April 22, 2014
4/22/14 -- Original Review: Gold toe socks last forever, after daily use my husbands socks needed to be replaced after five(ish) years. Yes the socks are expensive, but would you rather buy the ones in the local stores where you need to replace them after six months to a year?

The toe never wears out, its normally the heel that eventually goes. The calf part of the socks always maintains its elasticity regardless of the fact that my husband is a big man and stretches them while in use.

5/2/14 -- Updated review: NOT THE SAME QUALITY!!!! My husband's socks are wearing out the day that he picks them up out of the bag. He works in a retail store and is on his feet 8 hours a day, by the time he gets home a LARGE whole the size of a dollar coin is in them. Previously I'd purchased this in a retail location but I expected Amazon to have the same thing, maybe Gold Toe's quality has gone down significantly... well something is obviously wrong here.
review image review image
55 comments| 280 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on August 13, 2009
These socks generate incredible amounts of lint, or as another reviewer called it fluff - little shreds of material that fall off everywhere and I kid you not still going strong after 10 months. I think it may actually regenerate somehow, the total quantity of liny would seem to exceed the original weight of the socks when new.
22 comments| 184 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on January 1, 2013
These USED to be my husband's favorite socks. I buy him some every holiday season. Well, some time between last Christmas and this Christmas they must have decided to cheap out on the quality. The new ones I gifted him this Christmas have already started getting holes in the toe after ONE use! He says he noticed the difference in quality before even putting them on and I can as well. The sock material is much thinner with these new ones. I'm extremely disappointed and if I could give 0 I would. When companies decide to cheap out on a great product (which seems to happen more and more these days) it's a real shame.
22 comments| 73 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on January 16, 2012
This is sad. I've been buying these sock for 30 years without a problem. Now they are worthless junk. They raised the polyester/nylon count, shortened the length, but worse still is how uncomfortable they are. Fools, but I guess you can count me in that group because I bought them here despite the warning posted here on Amazon. I found some Burlington socks that will do for now but they don't stay up the way the old Gold Toes did. Pitty.
If you buy these you don't have anyone to blame but yourself (at least that is how I feel). I guess I just couldn't bring myself to understand what type of business decision would be involved in ruining a product that had such a great reputation. If it was a money thing, many of us would have gladly payed more for quality. These socks are bad news.
44 comments| 100 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on November 29, 2005
Soft, fuzzy, stretchy, fairly thick, and they look great. Everything you could want in a sock.

I just bought my third 6-pack of these and tossed all my old socks.

Update: After a few months, I have to admit, I am getting pretty annoyed with the way they still shed little bits of fuzz everywhere. I still find them comfortable and attractive, but they leave enough balls of fuzz behind after I take them off that the bedroom needs to be vacuumed more frequently than it otherwise might have to. I'm not sure why the cloth sheds so much fuzz, but it still does, even after several washings.
44 comments| 83 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on November 14, 2013
Gold Toe, once the best sock around, is now trash. The quality is gone, and it's obvious that this new sock has been made on-the-cheap. Those expecting something similar to the ones you got at Costco years ago, are going to be as disappointing as I am. Tons of cotton stuck on your heel after each wear, and the shedding just seems to get worse with time. Sorry for the bad news.
on November 5, 2010
I bought size 10-13 and wear a size 11 shoe. I am thinly built yet the top band was so constrictive as to leave deep indentations to my legs. Because of the discomfort, I was not able to continue wearing them. Where is quality control anymore?
44 comments| 51 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on March 3, 2009
I bought two packs of these after reading all the good reviews. But after only three weeks, they are already getting holes in the heels! I have foot problems, so I never walk around without shoes--it's not like I'm going barefoot in them. I'm very disappointed!
on September 24, 2014
I was so excited to get these socks. I got a pair for Christmas when I was younger and they have literally been my favorite pair of socks and also most durable since receiving them, so of course now that I'm older and needed some more socks, I figured why not go with the best - Gold Toe!

Unfortunately, these socks did not live up to their predecessors. I'm no sock connoisseur, but the previous pairs I had were insanely comfortable. These pairs unfortunately were not.

I read some reviews of people saying the quality had went down, but I choose to ignore them since there were so many positive reviews that praised these socks. Upon putting the first sock on I was extremely underwhelmed, the quality that made me trust the Gold Toe brand was gone. These honestly felt no better than socks I've purchased from dollar store in bulk, only different was they cost three times as much.

I was VERY disappointed with this purchase and I will not be paying the Gold Toe premium again. I'll probably just stick with Hanes socks for now, I was satisfied with my recent Hanes purchase.