Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Cougar Cub Tales: I'm Just Like You
Safety Month Summer Reading Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Eli Paperboy The best from Bose just got wireless Fire TV Stick Subscribe & Save Patriotic Picks STEM Amazon Cash Back Offer AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis Best Camping & Hiking Gear in Outdoors STEM

Showing 1-10 of 36 reviews(1 star). Show all reviews
on January 31, 2012
The rhyme scheme and illustrations were awkward. The story didn't really make sense, and the message was forced. Overall, my 3-yr-old and I didn't enjoy this.
on April 6, 2013
This book downloaded onto my kindle keyboard with the print so tiny it was not legible. When I tried to enlarge it it did ,not work, immediately reverting to the original miniscule size. I deleted it without being able to allow my daughter to enjoy it. Since other books allow the print size to be enlarged with no problem, it must be the book's format.
VINE VOICEon July 12, 2012
The kindle version has several typos--things like the word "too" instead of "to," and "scarey" instead of "scary." The inclusive moral "you're a cougar just like us!" is a bit silly since the third "cougar" appears to be a lynx. The rhyme is forced in a few places.

I definitely wouldn't pay for this book, and I actually deleted the free version from my kindle. Good riddance :-P
on September 6, 2012
My first childrens book download. It was a very rudimentary attempt at a childrens book. Bravo to the author and illustrator for actually getting your work published. However, readers.......please wait till these people get a little more practice before you actually purchase their work.
on December 30, 2012
No matter what font we used or which way we held the kindle, many words were split between lines & had hyphens so were difficult for a beginner reader. Cute story though.
on January 9, 2013
The rhythm and rhyme are not at all right,
My second grader rhymes better any day or night.
I'm glad it was free. The story quite rubbish.
Now i'm convinced that an amateur can publish.
on March 22, 2012
I'm not sure if viewing this on my Kindle Fire was the problem, or if the story just isn't that strong. Either way, I agree with some of the other reviewers that this was disappointing. The picture and text are on different pages, so my son, who doesn't read yet, couldn't admire the artwork while I read. That's ok - we got to concentrate on the words and picking out letters, but sometimes you just need the picture to reinforce the message. The message was fine, but is the second animal (clearly not a cougar) a rabbit? Aren't they the prey of cougars? I was confused as the text never really explained what the second animal was, and the pictures did not make it obvious what kind of animal it was. If the second animal is a rabbit, those are going to be some hungry cubs if they never learn the difference between prey and their own kind. I think the circle of life is another good life lesson kids need to learn. If I could retun it to get my $0.99 back, I would!
on January 26, 2013
Well 1 star because the book is horrible! I purchased this for my son and I read it to him because he is too little to read himself and I am not old and I can barely see the words and it won't let u make it any bigger!
on April 7, 2013
The pages did not fit screen and could not read poor quality very disappointed I could not enjoy the book
on July 27, 2013
The book had no logic to it, just everywhere. Too confusing for a 27 year old to understand imagine a child. Reading the ingredients on the back of a cereal box is more entertaining than this book.