Could Sookie possibly end up with Sam as her final relationship?

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-25 of 88 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Mar 19, 2009 11:12:50 AM PDT
B.E. Reader says:
As I was sitting in my staff meeting, I know I should be paying attention, I just had this ah ha moment. Could Sookie possibly end up with Sam as the final ending? I really can't see her sticking with a vampire because Sookie has a sense of family and you cannot have a family with vampires. Don't get me wrong, I love Sookie with the vampires becuase I am loving the Eric v. Sookie banter. I wish Bill was around more but he's turned out to be just a background character. Could Sam be it??? they've always had a bond and admiration for one another. Reply away!!!

Posted on Mar 19, 2009 2:32:18 PM PDT
Absolutely. I think he has just as good a chance as any of the others. And I believe that someone else stated this, but sam has been the only one who has cared for her without trying to gain anything from it(besides her love of course).

Posted on Mar 19, 2009 6:13:59 PM PDT
B. Murphy says:
i hope so

Posted on Mar 20, 2009 5:57:15 AM PDT
T. Vaim says:
I really wish she will end up with Eric.

Posted on Mar 20, 2009 8:40:43 AM PDT
Leona says:
"Sookie has a sense of family and you cannot have a family with vampires."

Why not? I'm definitely biased (pro-eric), but even if I wasn't I don't think that being a vampire precludes having/forming a family.

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 20, 2009 10:13:09 AM PDT
B.E. Reader says:
Hey if I had my druthers . . . I would pick Eric to be with Sookie hands down but is he really that good for her? I mean, sure he does help her out, i.e., the new driveway, new clothes, and other expenses. But Eric ALWAYS has a motive and never does something for free. And I can't help saying that there is more to Eric and Sookie's relationship than the blood bond. She has feelings for him I think, she just hasn't admitted them to herself.

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 20, 2009 7:00:29 PM PDT
L. Burns says:
Brittany Evans,

I agree - I don't see Sookie ending up with a vampire. Granted they could raise a child together (although not have their own biological child) but I think Sookie will end up with someone that she can grow old with. Hopefully she doesn't settle on anyone too soon since I think that would signal the end of the series. I am enjoying the Sookie/Bill/Eric triangle but I do think Sam has a chance in the end. Or maybe a character we haven't met yet?

Posted on Mar 21, 2009 4:25:08 AM PDT
Yes, Sam is the only one who helps Sookie grow, the only one who tells her when she's wrong and who doesn't constantly try to get her into bed. I just love Bill and Eric but they definitely don't put Sookie first, which is what she told Quinn she wanted.

Posted on Mar 21, 2009 6:58:44 AM PDT
J. Aultman says:
I think in the end it will be someone other then who we have meet. I am thinking of a Fae, if you have read the gift wrap story you see that grandpa sent over a little gift for Sookie.

It could also be that Sookie ends up having a child and being on her own and maybe even end up with Hunter

Posted on Mar 21, 2009 5:36:58 PM PDT
I agree H.O.F.B.
She would be quite the hypocrite.
Was anyone else a little bit dissapointed with sookie when she told quinn the reason she didn't want to see him anymore? She wanted to be put first(understandable) Especially about all of his traveling. She needs somebody to be with her, not gone for months at a time. But I would be really upset if someone I cared about turned their back on me because I was trying to keep my family safe. I'm not saying he was in the right, but he did do alot to try and get back to her. and even though she is crazy, ITS HIS MOTHER, and sister!
While I'm on the subject, Alcide...He asked sookie to be with him, she said it wasn't the right time and the she still wasn't over the bill situation, but a few days later she started seeing quinn?? am I the only one who is a little confused about that?
I love my girl Sookie, but what was she thinking?

Posted on Mar 21, 2009 6:22:38 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Mar 21, 2009 6:23:40 PM PDT
L. Burns says:
I never took Quinn to be a serious contender. I think Sookie just wanted to be in love and loved by someone and Quinn was in the right place at the right time. If I remember correctly she was particularly fed up with the vamp lifestyle and I believe she was ticked at Alcide because she felt he had used her in the Were "war"...I think she even mentions in FDTW that she jumped in to things with Quinn too quickly.

Posted on Mar 23, 2009 7:11:09 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on Mar 23, 2009 7:32:22 AM PDT
J. Aultman says:
Ok, I am rereading and I find that Sookie keeps going back to the time with Eric. I think she loves Eric and the time they spent with each other was something she had and has not experienced yet. It was a real relationship; she was first and foremost on his mind. Sookie has not had a relationship other then that small time with Eric that was not without some kind of Drama.

1) She meet Alcide when Bill went missing; he treated her well but he was still in the hands of that crazy beoch Debbie. And he used her for the Were war, and he treated her differently when he found out she killed her.

2) Quinn was ok, but a little bossy. At the time she meet him she was in the middle of the Were thing with Alice and trying to protect Eric and find her Brother.

3) Eric when he spent time with Sookie was the most affectionate and loving that she had experienced. Sookie was happy especially when he would call her (my lover) it made her feel wanted and special. And I think in the end she wants that feeling again. Eric was willing to give it all up to be with her and it is not that she wants that but she wants to be #1, and who does not want that

Posted on Mar 23, 2009 8:18:45 AM PDT
I guess the question is would Sam make her feel like she is number one with him?

Posted on Mar 23, 2009 8:28:37 AM PDT
L. Burns says:
I don't remember Sam ever having any kind of ulterior motive with Sookie...he genuinely seems to want what is best for her. Maybe not the most exciting choice but a "mature" one? I do think he could make her feel that she is number one with him.

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 23, 2009 8:51:08 AM PDT
I agree Sam is the mature choice but the Eric fans won't be too happy with us for saying so!

Posted on Mar 23, 2009 9:25:59 AM PDT
B.E. Reader says:
That's a perfect way to put it. Sam WOULD be the mature choice but perhaps not the most exciting. Sookie will have to choose what she wants. Does she want Sam, who is her best friend, always has her best interest in mind, and she is attracted to him. But would he provide the excitement to her that Sookie has cravings for. Her mind does refer back to her times with Eric. She goes back to her time with Eric more than the time she was with Bill even as he was her first love. She wants to go back to the time when Eric was a different person. I dare say that when the Vegas vamps showed up and Eric swore loyalty to them, I immediately thought, could this open the door for Eric to make due on his earlier statement that he would leave everything he has built behind to have a life with Sookie. I mean, Eric isn't in the same position he was before is he? Just a thought and now that he remembers everything . . . there are quite a few possibilities. But then again . . . I have to wonder about Bill. I mean, did Charlaine always have the intention of making him a lesser character or is there some huge story about him that hasn't even been unveiled yet???

Man, I love these books. I can't wait for Dead and Gone and I feel like I'm going through withdrawals and want to read them again already. I've only read them once. :)

Posted on Mar 23, 2009 9:39:53 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on Mar 23, 2009 9:44:43 AM PDT
You make an excellent point brittany!
No matter what, I think that sookie will always have to be involved with the vampires. She still works for eric. So if she chooses sam, would he be able to handle her vampire dealings? and she is still a friend fo alcides pack. What if they need her?...Come to think of it, sookie has made alot of supernatural friends, and no matter who she chooses they will have to deal with the fact that she IS involved with other supes.

Posted on Mar 31, 2009 3:29:00 PM PDT
B.E. Reader says:
I just read this article where CH said that Sookie will indeed find true love, albeit it will be complicated becuase Sookie always has complicated loves. Please please let it be Eric, pretty please. I hate to say that I will be so disappointed if it is Bill since he's been such a non-main character since book 3.

Posted on Mar 31, 2009 8:02:48 PM PDT
L. Burns says:
Brittany - I've got nothing against Eric (hot,hot,hot) -BUT- I can't see him as Sookie's True Love. Yes, he is attracted to her and she does remind him of his humanity but Eric is firmly a Vamp; no Trueblood-drinking existence for him. Can you see Sookie overlooking the "bloodlust" thing over the long haul? Personally, I wouldn't mind him being a friend with benefits though until the real thing comes along:)!

Posted on Apr 1, 2009 3:07:08 AM PDT
Wow L. Burns you took the thought right out of my head! Eric is a blast but vamp all the way.

In reply to an earlier post on Apr 1, 2009 5:48:17 AM PDT
In the books, eric does drink true blood quite often. Eric is old so he doesn't have to feed as often, and when he does he doesn't need alot. Sookie let Bill drink from her, I'm sure that if she loves him, like she did billa, Eric would be able to drink from her=) Just a thought=)

like I've always said, at this point, it could be ANY of them

Posted on Apr 1, 2009 6:16:24 PM PDT
L. Burns says:
If Dead and Gone hits the bookstores on a workday I am calling in sick! I have my priorities straight...husband, kid and german shepherds will need to fend for themselves...

In reply to an earlier post on Apr 1, 2009 6:22:54 PM PDT
Hahaha! I hear ya L. Burns. Boyfriend can either come with or stay home.

In reply to an earlier post on Apr 1, 2009 6:33:50 PM PDT
L. Burns says:
On second thought, will take a break to feed the dogs...not wise to let 2 german shepherds get too hungry. Maintain my position on DH and child though.

Posted on Apr 5, 2009 3:38:17 PM PDT
May Berry says:
Well, on her website Harris says that Sookie won't end up a vamp. Now that doesn't nesseccarily mean that she won't end up immortal but it does kind of indicate it. And with that in mind would she really be happy w/a vamp who will live on eternally young while she ages? With that said I really like the thought of her being immortal and hope Harris finds some way around it. heck, she's got fairy blood maybe there is some sort of loophole.
‹ Previous 1 2 3 4 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  53
Total posts:  88
Initial post:  Mar 19, 2009
Latest post:  Jun 19, 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 8 customers

Search Customer Discussions
This discussion is about
Dead And Gone: A Sookie Stackhouse Novel (Sookie Stackhouse/True Blood)
Dead And Gone: A Sookie Stackhouse Novel (Sookie Stackhouse/True Blood) by Charlaine Harris (Hardcover - May 5, 2009)
3.9 out of 5 stars   (1,001)