5.0 out of 5 stars Great Read
Published 22 months ago by B. Moxley

2.0 out of 5 stars Very disappointed
Published 22 months ago by Rebecca Gonzalez

2.0 out of 5 stars Very disappointed, February 23, 2013
I really wanted to enjoy this book, and at first I did. The central characters are very well written, and as a reader, I cared about what happened to them. However, I found it began to get very confusing and the stories really didn't have much interlinking; really the whole plot made no sense at all by the end. The ending was especially disappointing, as I wanted it to all come together. I gave it 2 stars for the writing, but would only give it 1 star for the plot.

3.0 out of 5 stars Great first effort from a new American voice, February 22, 2013
StdPudel (Somerville, MA United States) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)
This review is from: Could You But Find It (Paperback)
In his first novel Could You But Find It, Robert Cilley displays a distinctive and enjoyable voice, like an American Alexander McCall Smith. Curiously, Cilley is a judge, and McCall Smith a law professor. Could that account for the similar way of thinking and writing? Although the events in the book are thrilling, the narrative pace is measured, evoking leisurely Southern storytelling.

The blurb really doesn't describe the book well. It's about a young man who comes into an unexpected inheritance of secrets and his three Clemson University classmates who help him in his journey. It's got an international scope, complete with black helicopters, and a touch of mysticism.

I found it to be quite the page turner, and am looking forward to more fiction from Mr. Cilley. Why did I give it only three stars? First, I am pretty strict. Secondly, the final third of the book wasn't as energetic as the first part. The main characters' fates are secure, but the bad guys have yet to meet their comeuppance, and the full back history has to be revealed. With some collaborative editing, the three strands could have been better woven together to arrive at the end at the same time.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Read, February 16, 2013
This review is from: Could You But Find It (Paperback)
I decided to check out Robert's book because it was mentioned on FlyLady. I clicked on the book icon to read the sample. The prologue didn't get me, but the first page of Chapter 1 did. I didn't stop reading until the sample was completed and then I had to buy the book for my Kindle. I started reading it again immediately and read until after 4 am. I haven't finished the book yet, but if I look at it I am drawn in and can't stop reading it. This is a really good book!

Aunt_Bea

5.0 out of 5 stars Absolutely fantastic read!, February 17, 2013
I downloaded this book to my Kindle and I was hooked right from the first page. Even though these old eyes find it hard to read for as long as they used to, I find it hard to put this book down, even to go to bed! The characters are great, the scene setting is really good and yet nothing detracts from the story moving forward, it is a real page turner.

5.0 out of 5 stars It's worth taking the chance..., February 18, 2013
It can be hard to take the chance on a new or self-published author---this one is definitely worth it. There's intrigue, suspense, adventure, humor, well-drawn characters, history, romance, a complex, yet manageable plot, surprises you don't see until.... The author's voice shines through as a natural storyteller. Read the sample, don't rely on the description--it's accurate, but doesn't do it justice. I'm left caring about these characters, which only happens to me when a story draws me completely inside and doesn't (quite) let all of me go. Is an author's ability to do that science or magic? You decide.

5.0 out of 5 stars You will not want to put this book down, February 13, 2013
For the record: I read this book while editing which is why I could give such a thorough and quick review. I also designed the book cover so I am sort of biased:) . I am serious about my review though. This book was such an unexpected journey! I didn't want to put it down. The character development is exceptional. His knowledge of the things he writes about amazed me. It is full of twists, turns, surprises and excitement. Just when you think you may have it figured out guess again. I really haven't enjoyed a book this much in a long time and I read often. I hope the author doesn't stop with this. I'm looking forward to more!

4.0 out of 5 stars Good Intrigue, April 7, 2013
KAREN MARVEL SHUTE (SAN ANTONIO, TX United States) - See all my reviews
A boy who lives with his widowed, angry mother receives a ray of hope in the form of a college scholarship to Clemson. His benefactor, a deceased uncle, leaves him other things, which begin a journey of intrigue & espionage. The author is a retired lawyer & judge -- also the husband of "FlyLady" Marla Cilley. He captures the characters well and keeps the reader engaged. I hope he writes a sequel with these characters.

1.0 out of 5 stars I wish I hadn't, December 27, 2013
This review is from: Could You But Find It (Paperback)
I am a staunch supporter of Mala Cilley and Fly Lady. She has made a huge positive difference in my life and the life of my family, I was hoping after the reviews that this book would be a good one. I've listened to most of the broadcasts she has participated in. I have read most of the stuff she has written. However, I had no idea what I would find when opening the book. I write this review for others like me who love Marla but have no stomach for poor language. There were some flow issues for me as well but not bad for a first book. It was laced with language I haven't heard since I was in the Army--the less polite side. There were quite a few sections that were extremely gritty, and I didn't find the grit needed to tell the story properly. It was for these reasons I gave this book one star. Had I not chosen it for my book club I never would have finished it after the first chapter.

I love the FlyLady program, and give it 5 unabashed stars. However, loving Marla did not equate to loving the book. :-(

5.0 out of 5 stars Cats are in charge=thumbs up!, March 22, 2013
This book had me captivated the whole way through, and spoke to many of my perspectives on reality,corporations, and cats! It reminded me to always treat my cats with respect and learn from them, in addition to many other delightful characters and plot arcs withIn plot arcs that kept me on my toes. It was so nice and relaxing but engaging at the same time to escape to this world for a while. I hope there is a sequel! Cat lovers, new agers, and all those who value good friends who are like family should read this book.

2.0 out of 5 stars Disappointing, July 12, 2013
This review is from: Could You But Find It (Paperback)
I was looking forward to reading this book as it was mentioned on Flylady. Well, I tried but I gave up. It jumped around too much and wasn't making much sense to me. I tried to stay with it but decided for me it wasn't worth the effort to finish reading it. Very disappointing.

Could You But Find It
Could You But Find It by Robert S. Cilley (Paperback - February 13, 2013)
$17.98 $14.01