Could this have been one perfect CD ??

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-1 of 1 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Sep 30, 2008 8:17:26 PM PDT
Eric Wishart says:
I just listened to this on NPR, and can't help thinking there is enough material for one classic CD. And that would have avoided the issue of the 100 dollar plus special edition.
Some of it is wonderful, like the acoustic 'Most of the Time' which redefines the song (and makes you wonder what an acoustic Oh Mercy would have been like) or 'Red River Shore'. It just makes you wonder what other great material is out there that we have never heard.
But there are alternate versions of pretty minor songs, and live versions when, to be honest, there is already a huge amount of concert recordings by Bob available on the internet. 'Huck's Tune' and ''Cross the Green Mountain' are already out there on CD, so why include them? Do we really need two new versions of 'Dignity"? It's not exactly 'Visions of Johanna'. And the alternate 'Series of Dreams' doesn't really stand up to the released version, which already saw the light of day on an earlier Bootleg series disc. So the Bootleg series is bootlegging the Bootleg series!
But there are some riveting alternate versions, and new songs, which will make it onto my iPod. The rest, I doubt if I would go back to, given all the other wonderful Dylan I have in my collection after 40 years of listening to him.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  1
Total posts:  1
Initial post:  Sep 30, 2008
Latest post:  Sep 30, 2008

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.

Search Customer Discussions
This discussion is about
Tell Tale Signs: the Bootleg Series Vol. 8
Tell Tale Signs: the Bootleg Series Vol. 8 by Bob Dylan (Audio CD - 2008)
4.4 out of 5 stars   (203)