Winter Driving Best Books of the Month Men's Leather Watches Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon $5 Albums Explore Home Audio All-New Amazon Fire TV Beauty V-Day Valentine's Day Cards Bring a little greenery into your home Amazon Gift Card Offer girls2 girls2 girls2  Amazon Echo All-New Fire Kindle Paperwhite Shop Now Sale

Subscription Length: 1 year auto-renewalChange
Price:$15.00+ Free shipping

Showing 1-10 of 62 reviews(4 star). Show all reviews
on July 16, 2002
I have continued to get this Magazine subscription for almost 4 years now. I really enjoy the pictures and the many different ways to do "country". I began subscribing because I was gathering information on opening a "Bed and Breakfast" and I wanted to see the looks that were out there that said "cozy" and "homey". This Magazine has never let me down I find that I enjoy the section that they have called "Real Estate Sampler" as well as the product information that they have in the back of the book.
I used to get over 16 Magazine Subscriptions, and for me to keep subscribing to this one speaks volumes(please check out my other Magazine reviews)The other Magazine that I liked about as much as this one along the same lines is House & Garden.
Happy Reading
0Comment52 of 56 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on November 8, 2001
I was so happy to find a subscription to this magazine on Amazon.com. The price is much lower than I expected, and lower than I had found otherwise. This magazine is great for anyone looking for inspiration in home decorating. The title may say country, but there are also many contemproray ideas offered. Great gift idea for someone into home decorating!
11 comment42 of 47 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on November 9, 2002
An outstanding magazine even if all you wish to do is look at the pictures. Great ideas and for a great price.
on February 1, 2010
I subscribe to this magazine, bought a subscrip for my mom. It's got a little bit of everything and isn't too country, despite the title. I live in AZ, I don't decorate with roosters and cows nor do I like red and white checkered tablecloths. The other mags I subscribe to are "This Old House", "Yoga Journal" & "In Style" and this magazine is still perfectly enjoyable to me.
on February 1, 2006
Although it has a lot of advertising, it is an informative magazine and gives helpful info about decorating in the country style.
on May 31, 2011
Wow! This magazine came rather quickly and for an excellent price! Thanks Amazon! I used to read the magazine years ago and stopped when I felt that it no longer connected with a younger audience. But the new editor the last few years, Sarah Gray Miller has really turned it around. She lends the magazine a younger voice. The magazine focuses on modern country decorating, eating, green living, and budget ideas. Sarah was the editor of my old favorite magazine Budget Living. It is so nice to hear her voice again! I highly recommend this magazine no matter what your age as long as you are interested in learning how to live well and simply-that is modern country living in my book!!
on November 22, 2011
Before this edition, I'm not sure that I had ever looked through Country Living. The price was very reasonable, even though it feels and looks like a pricey one. There are colorful layouts, big pictures, and it's November and I've got the Dec/Jan issue in front of me which is a plus. Most of the advertised merchandise in their Fresh Picks section which takes 9 pages are out of my budget, but the magazine is nice to look and read through. There are also recipes, which are included as well, and a plus for those of us who like to try new recipes.
on June 27, 2011
BEWARE AUTO-RENEWAL! The magazine is great, but because of the auto-renewal-option only now, is not suitable as a gift. Who wants to receive a gift subscription, then be billed at end of subscription period? Amazon, please go back to allowing customers to select non-renewal or auto-renewal!
11 comment3 of 4 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
TOP 1000 REVIEWERon January 17, 2012
This is a wonderful magazine if you are a fan of - as the magazine title says - Country Living. There is bit of a modern edge to it all too, which I think makes it even more accessible.

They refer to the Feb 2012 issue as "the White Issue" with decorating ideas that involve white/neutrals - lots of examples of antiques and replicas throughout the magazine.

just a a quick sample of what's inside -

* Collecting this month focuses on match safes with photos of gorgeous antique versions.
* the center layout featuring a beautiful home done in pared back white and warm wood.
* more on whites in formal and eclectic settings.
* an article on the Coombs maple farm in Vermont with recipes for Sour Cream Pancakes with Maple-Pecan Butter and Tomato-Cheddar Strata.

I like that this is one magazine I subscribe to that I see prices quoted for little splurges that are affordable like simple/functional yet gorgeous custom stamped leather luggage tags for $13.95. This is already the second place in the issue in just the first few pages that highlights women artisans and made in the USA hand crafted goods. This magazine tries to keep things accessible to its readers, quoting sources we can use not just designer industry insiders.

Yes, there are a ton of ads (like pretty much any other magazine) but if the ads help keep my subscription cost to a measly $5 per year then the ads are fine with me!

Pleased with this purchase and definitely recommended.
44 commentsWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on August 7, 2014
GREAT GIFT IDEA! I bought this for my sister's gift. She is wealthy and has everything far better than what I am able to give. She says it is the one magazine she ACTUALLY READS!