Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Country Living
Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Jake Owen Fire TV Stick Health, Household and Grocery Back to School Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro

on October 22, 2012
I subscribed to the print version of this magazine for several years, then stopped because of clutter. I almost subscribed to the Kindle Fire version because I do like the look of it and the back issues can be kept in the Cloud, but the print subscription is less than the KF subscription price. I should note that subscription prices are set by publishers, not Amazon. This is happening with books as well, but that's another story. Anyway, love the magazine, but the price disparity has made me choose not to buy either of the subscriptions or the off the rack copy. There is really no reason for the KF subscription to be higher. Something to think about before you subscribe.
on January 2, 2013
I have been a loyal subscriber to your magazine for many years and am confused as to why print subscribers DO NOT have instant access to the digital version? I would like to be able to access your magazine through my Kindle Fire. I do not think I should have to pay for a second subscription as a digital version was unavailable when I originally ordered the print version.

Please address this issue for other readers like myself who are in a similar position. Thank you.
44 comments| 39 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on July 7, 2012
Once a much better magazine, it has turned into nothing more than fads and monotony, often features the same people over again and is going down the drain. Does not remember what it was or why it started.
on February 3, 2013
I decided to try Country Living one more time. I still don't like it. It hasn't been the same since they changed the format and no longer feature 'country' homes. I cancelled my subscription, but just wanted to give it another ahot
on May 14, 2014
I love Country Living magazine. I've loved it for years. This is my first time to try it, or any magazine, digitally on my Kindle. On one hand, The pictures come through bright and beautiful. I like being able to zoom in or out. What I didn't like was that when the second issue arrived, the first disappeared, and I'd only had the first issue 2 days when the second one arrived. I had to move things around, go back to Amazon and download the first issue again which was a pain. The second thing I don't like was a surprise for me. I'd seen the complaints from others about the amount of ads. I really didn't think this would be a problem because all magazines have ads. I don't know know why, but it really does seem like they have twice as many in-your-face ads as you get in the actual magazine. It really is annoying, and I was surprised that it would bother me that much. The actual magazine was two years for $18 and the digital version was 1 year for $19. So, why would I have to pay twice the price for half the subscription. I'm still in a trial, and I really like the idea of not having to store the magazines and saving the trees, but I may cancel the digital and go with the paper on this one. I do suggest if you like this style that you check out a magazine called Cottage Journal, which I have tried at the same time. The digital on that one is wonderful without the bombardment of more ads than content. I'm extremely impressed with that one, and the style of decor is very similar.
on October 26, 2013
I have looked at this magazine before but the price seemed too high for a few hours read and great pictures. I tried this digital version and it was okay; but I missed holding the magazine and flipping through it.
on January 2, 2012
"
I love having country living on my kindle. Great magazine and fun to read using the kindle. The pictures are bright and beautiful.
on November 2, 2014
I grew up out in the country & now live in an urban area - this magazine gives me just the right taste of my country roots, but without being out of style or country-bumpkeny :) Very useful tips, great articles, yummy recipes & ideas for hosting social gathering, and fun decorating ideas that all my friends love!
on August 16, 2014
I always expect more from this magazine. I think the main problem is that I really don't like beat up country furniture. I have seen examples of people doing great things with vintage, but they aren't in this publication.
on January 22, 2014
I was getting this in paper form but ordered on my Kindle, now it can be with me everywhere, and can make any kind of quick reference as needed.
I have been getting this magazine and find the topics and styles and presentation to be great--up to date styling.