5.0 out of 5 stars Worth A Look...
For the lady of the house this is a decent magazine. Briefly discussing the Kindle Edition Layout, my mom is reading her copies on my Kindle For Android on a Tablet. Currently this magazine is available for Kindle Fire, Kindle for iPad, Kindle for iPhone and Kindle for Android.

Published on September 12, 2012 by JP

1.0 out of 5 stars Struggles with a new mission statement
Published 13 months ago by HisEyeIsOnTheSparrow

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Worth A Look..., September 12, 2012
This review is from: Country Woman (Kindle Edition)

The layout is great with pictures from the print edition that can be double tapped for a better look (pinch zooming). The articles and craft ideas can be great but anyone who cooks can appreciate the recipes in this magazine. Complete with a photo, ingredients list and instructions for preparation most all of the recipes are delicious or can be varied to your personal taste. This version of Country Woman also gets props for little to no advertisements in the layout.

Additionally I should mention that this magazine is not like a scanned PDF versions of a magazine, rather it is text that can be adjusted as you would with kindle books, which is great for those who may have challenges reading smaller print or not like the idea or having to zoom and constantly keep moving the page as you read.

1.0 out of 5 stars Struggles with a new mission statement, November 10, 2013
This review is from: Country Woman (Kindle Edition)
I've been a subscriber for years - long before the publisher inserted advertising every few pages. I used to give and renew subscriptions to friends and family every Christmas. The past 5 years I have received misleading notices from them in the mail worded to make me think my subscription was about to run out but when I look at the renewal code on the label it would show 2 or 3 years in the future. I've been fooled into renewing not once but twice and they want me to renew again! My favorites features have been reassigned to sister magazines which forces me to subscribe to those publications as well to get what I renewed my subscription for in the first place. Those sister publications are called "Country" and "Country Extra" and they use the same tricks to drum up subscriptions.

I fell hook, line and sinker for the "Aw shucks, I'm just country folks " bylines that at one time described the honest, down-to-earth readers they catered to and the more I bought the more they worked me over. At one time the publishers may have been like the hard-working American readers they wrote about, but not anymore. Now they will include a recipe and plug their cooking publication, Taste Of Home and when you look at THAT publication they plug their overpriced cookbook. Now the magazine has quite a few of those annoying postcards in between pages and they send you more junk mail to your subscription address just in case you didn't get your fill in the magazine.

Every-other-month publication Country magazine wasn't enough, so they published a Country Extra on opposite months. If I subscribed to Country for interesting features it was moved to Country Extra meaning you now had to subscribe to Country Woman for some features from the original publication, then also subscribe to Country for what they moved from Country Woman and subscribe again to Country Extra for what you missed from Country mag. See the pattern?

Another review referred to the magazine as outdated well, this is NOT your Momma's Country Woman. In an effort to gain a new generation of readers they have mistreated previous readers. They must assume we are not related to that new generation of readers. WRONG! We are their mothers, aunts, friends, grandmothers and we are the ones who introduced the younger generations to the magazine. The hope was to have them carry on the caring traditions of women who went before them and perhaps find some measure of peace in doing so. Instead Reiman Media Group became the means of tearing it all down and charging more for it. The original intent of the magazine was to offer entertainment and appeal to those who value hearth, home and family traditions.

No one in my family missed the gift of subscriptions last Christmas. I am certain the magazine of yesteryear made all the more dear because it carried on tradition, no longer differentiates itself from any other "rag" meant to fill our time with mind-numbing rubbish.

2.0 out of 5 stars Either I'm cutting edge or this mag is dated, February 1, 2013
This review is from: Country Woman (Kindle Edition)
I live in Northwest Montana and have lived rurally in the area for 6 1/2 years. I thought I was a Country Woman. I thought the articles and particularly recipes were outdated. Specifically, recipes using a considerable amount of processed (canned or boxed) ingredients vs local/seasonal/fresh (or home canned and frozen). I kept turning the page and suddenly was at the end. Ultimately, nothing to interest me or entice me to buy another issue.

1.0 out of 5 stars should have listened to the other reviews, January 14, 2014
This review is from: Country Woman (Kindle Edition)
One other reviewer said that she was paging through it and there just wasn't much to read - hardly nothing in it and then...it was done. That is about it. Very short - I saw one article. This used to be a great magazine, but not anymore.

4.0 out of 5 stars Love Country Woman!, October 6, 2012
This review is from: Country Woman (Kindle Edition)
I love this magazine! I read it faithfully. The only reason for 4 stars instead of 5 is the issues are not long enough.

4.0 out of 5 stars magazine, January 5, 2013
This review is from: Country Woman (Kindle Edition)
I was not familiar with this magazine so ordered a single copy. I would not subscribe to this magazine as had helpful hints but did not hold my interest well enough to buy it for one year.

5.0 out of 5 stars Country Woman Magazine, December 16, 2012
This review is from: Country Woman (Kindle Edition)
I've always liked Country Woman magazine, now it's even easier because I can read it on my Kindle at my convenience.

4.0 out of 5 stars #1, December 9, 2012
This review is from: Country Woman (Kindle Edition)
More crafts and farm stories needed. I miss being on the farm and country woman helps me stay connected to that.

5.0 out of 5 stars Country Woman, December 7, 2012
This review is from: Country Woman (Kindle Edition)
I love this magazine...got it on my Kindle Fire 2 and it works and looks great. Can enlarge any and all articles. There are so many fun projects in this magazine as well as fun articles to read. If you are a shabby chic person, like me, you will love this magazine.

4.0 out of 5 stars digital edition, February 14, 2014
This review is from: Country Woman (Kindle Edition)
Didnt the digital edition used to be free as long as you paid for a yearly regular subscription? Or am I thinking of another magazine?

I love Country Woman and all of the articles in it, even if there are a few advertisements, most of them have coupons. And, for a low annual price I guess I can put up with it.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

Country Woman
Country Woman by Reader's Digest Association, Inc.
$10.00