5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing strategies for prosperity and intimacy, October 24, 2003
Kim Goldman, Psy.D. (Riverside, Ca United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: The Couple's Guide to Love and Money (New Harbinger Self-Help Workbook) (Paperback)
Too many self-help books offer vague "positive
thinking" advice. Not so with this one. Virtually
every type of financial conflict is addressed in these
pages, and the reader is given fun, interesting, and
effective ways to specifically address problems, gain
insight, and to start a mutual creative path toward
prosperity. The book is filled with real-life stories
of couples with conflicts over money - it's impossible
to go through it without finding situations that you
can perfectly identify with. One section provides a
method for weighing the value of your time - this
section allowed me to make a compelling case to my
husband that hiring occasional household help would
actually help rather than hurt our bottom line! Even
though my marriage is strong, I could still find many
tips which were powerful and effective for moving us
forward financially.
As a psychologist, I frequently see clients facing
the types of problems discussed in this book. I'm
delighted that this volume exists as a resource for
them, one that I'm glad to refer them to. This book
is strongly recommended for any couple, or for any
professional who counsels or advises couples.

5.0 out of 5 stars Financial Advice with a Heart, March 24, 2003
By A Customer
This book provides useful, unique perspectives about dealing with money as a couple. It is written in a personable style and, unlike a lot of personal finance books, it's fun to read. The book exactly pinpointed my own and my husband's financial styles, and then gave insightful and practical suggestions about how to work together effectively without arguing. I loved the "Shared Dreams" chapter. The author explains that you can accomplish far greater things by working together as a couple than by working individually or at odds with each other. This is a great book, not just for couples that are having money problems or money-related arguments, but also for couples that want to reach higher financial ground. After going through the book with my husband, I feel we understand each other much better, and have a clearer vision of our future together. I LOVED this book. HIGHLY RECOMMENDED for any couple.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent book with practical, step-by-step advice for real couples!, January 10, 2007
This great workbook is one of my top picks for my clients - couples working on money issues. Jonathan's useful and validated assessment creates much fodder for in-depth discussions on differences around money.

Couples can finally get off the blame wagon and start to really understand why they each operate the way they do around money. My husband and I enjoyed the fresh perspectives for our own marriage too! ;)

Jonathan measures three different "Money Personality" dimensions: Risk-taking, Lifestyle and Dependence. He goes on to dispense useful suggestions for real-life applications - managing spending and debt, work, investments, savings, insurance and financial planning.

The Couple's Guide to Love & Money is among my favorite money book collection. Other titles include: Money Harmony by Olivia Mellan, The Secret Meaning of Money by Cloe Madanes, Rich Dad Poor Dad by Robert Kiyosaki, Smart and Simple Financial Strategies for Busy People by Jane Bryant Quinn.

Cheers,
Mari Smith
Couples and Money Specialist
[...]

4.0 out of 5 stars The couples guide, January 22, 2014
As a financial counselor I'm always looking for ways to help couples manage their money and work as a team. The Cpuples Guide is a great book to gently introduce couples needing guidance on handling their finances.

The Couple's Guide to Love and Money (New Harbinger Self-Help Workbook)
The Couple's Guide to Love and Money (New Harbinger Self-Help Workbook) by Jonathan Rich (Paperback - February 9, 2003)
Used & New from: $0.01