Winter Driving Best Books of the Month Valentine's Day Shop Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon St Lucia easycohice_2016 All-New Amazon Fire TV Grocery Valentine's Day Cards Create an Amazon Wedding Registry Amazon Gift Card Offer chiraq chiraq chiraq  Amazon Echo All-New Fire Kindle Paperwhite Prime Exclusive Savings in Video Games Winter Sports on Amazon.com SnS

Format: HardcoverChange

on April 25, 2012
I never cease to be amazed at how Debbie Ford's writing challenges me to look at my life. "Courage" takes her work to a whole new level. I was held by this book. It's thought-provoking content has made me begin to look at where I need to get past my fear so I can live a fully-expressed life. I will definitely recommend this amazing book to the important people in my life - women and men.
I absolutely LOVE Debbie Ford's new book Courage, it has given me the greatest lasting breakthrough I have ever experienced. Finding, nurturing and listening to my Courageous Divine Warrior Chick everyday has given me a level of faith I didn't know was possible. If you are ready for lasting change, buy this book and use every transformational tool Debbie gives you on a daily basis and experience the magic unfolding in your life too!
on July 15, 2012
I don't know. This book just didn't tell me anything new. There's a lot of AA stuff in it which is great stuff, but Courage felt like a rehashing of those principals to me. A book that actually felt much more researched and full of helpful information is The Gifts of Imperfection by Brene Brown. Brown's book felt insightful and had well-researched and interesting information regarding perfectionism which is fear based and requires courage to un-do. For me Brown's book really dealt with HOW courage works. I am not one who finds an author telling me someone else's or their own story helpful unless tools and analysis are attached. Courage had more pop culture analysis rather then empirical analysis. The exercises at the end of the chapters were OK, just didn't really do much for me. Brown's Dig Deep exercises were more satisfying.
11 comment12 of 17 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on June 9, 2015
As a man this book was not directed at me however, I truly benefited from her advice on fears and have already been through much self-improvement work along those lines. She offers a very concise and clear assessment of how to give it up to God which is refreshing. My biggest area of concern is her propensity to quickly support women getting divorced and leaving their men. These men are also broken and instead of quickly promoting divorce I believe she should have pressed to get help for the man in the equation. Couples in trouble need to work on themselves independently per her advice here and work together to shed their issues together. Divorce is rarely the best solution, however it has become the easy solution. Not only does divorce tarnish our families and communities and country but God despises it and those who can work through it will be rewarded.
on May 2, 2014
This book isn't as depressing as some of her other books this book and her Secrets Of The Shadow book are the only books I would recommed anyone get unless you can learn from hearing depressing stories.This book also contants things people will say when they have a low self-esteem.On the plus side this book mentions success stories as well.This book mentions ways that Debbie helped people during their counsaling session with her and sugguestions on how whoever who is reading the book courage can boost their self-esteem.
on August 4, 2015
I love this book more than any of her other books! If a person will only put into practice what Debbie teaches as they read the book, they will finish the book a totally different person. Life Changing!!!
on May 5, 2012
Don't be fooled into thinking this is just another book on courage. This book transcends the intellectual definition of courage and opens the door to a deeper layer that lies in wait for all of us to tap into. After studying with Debbie for several years, admiring and being inspired by her strength, wisdom, perseverance, and yes, courage, I didn't think it was possible to see her through a new lens. I was wrong. Her candid disclosure, I must say, has inspired me even more! Funny thing is, as I witness, respect and honor her rawness and honesty, it opens the door for me to do the same for myself. Read this book and see what happens to your previously held intellectual understanding of courage; let it touch your heart and open you to a deeper, experiential level of surrender, faith and Divine purpose, regardless of the circumstance that tries to lure you into fear's trap.
on December 7, 2014
This book was interesting and easy to read, but this book should really be marketed as a book for women. I have nothing against women, but when the author is clearly writing for women and telling their stories/experiences, that should be mentioned smack on the front cover. I bought the book online so I was not aware. As a male reader, I could not relate at all, although I did enjoy some parts that were applicable to men.

My other problem with this book is that a lot of content (strategies and ideas for self-improvement) seemed to focus on the divine and the spiritual. Again, as a non-religious individual, such content was not practical for me.

If you're a woman and open to divine intervention, I would recommend this. If not, look for something else to get greater value for your time. Fortunately for me, I only paid a few dollars for the book and I don't regret reading it.
0CommentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on April 24, 2012
I have read Debbie's books for years, and have used her work to literally transform every aspect of my own life--from the inside out. I believe this book will take each reader on their own personal journey in becoming more courageous in an area you may be struggling with-- perhaps uncovering things about ourselves we either haven't wanted to acknowledge, or don't even realize are there. Debbie is a living example of her work, and this book is a testament to her incredible journey as a courageous woman! I can't express in words what a profound impact Debbie's work has had on my own journey to self-realization, and I am looking forward to sharing her latest, and greatest work with everyone I know.
0Comment6 of 9 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on September 15, 2013
Life changing! Thank Ms. Ford for giving the world a beautiful gift of your words of love and encouragement. This booked showed up as I go through my 4th divorce at age 53, bankruptcy because of the divorce, having to sell my house in Chula Vista, CA because of this divorce and facing a tax issue with the state and the IRS because of this divorce. I'm even losing my little dog because of this divorce. But I know I'm standing in courage, confidence and faith in going through these challenges because it's the price I must pay in order to finally stand in "my truth and authenticity." Thank you again for your gift of this book, Courage.
Forever I'm changed and grateful to you,
Donna Quinn - San Diego/Chula Vista, CA