Your Garage Best Books of the Month Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Songs of Summer Fire TV Stick Subscribe & Save Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer AllOrNothingS1 AllOrNothingS1 AllOrNothingS1  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro STEM

79%
21%

on March 6, 2008
The Courage to Teach Guide is a wonderful companion to the tenth anniversary edition for The Courage to Teach. The accompanying DVD is an incredible bonus... I loved hearing Parker in his own words. Whether you want to use the book with a group or just use it for your own growth and renewal, the guide offers many wonderful suggestions.
on December 30, 2012
Parker Palmer gets the fact that teaching is establishing relationships. These relationships are meaningful and intentional. They take time and effort and provide a trajectory for our life. Teaching according to Palmer, is a sacred act (I believe the same) that requires us to think deeply about what we, as teachers, are attempting to accomplish. In this guide Palmer provides us with questions that deepen the meaning of teaching and help us to realize the sacredness of our work. I have taught for many years and this guide gives me the springboard to hope and renewal in the teaching profession. In using this book with two freshmen education students, I was awed by their understanding of what it means to be an educator of students. This generation will provide the students with hope, love, success and knowledge about the world in which they live and the society they serve!
on April 12, 2015
Well written but not what I had hoped it would be. I bought The Courage to Teach because I had heard so many good things about it, and how it would change my lofe as a teacher. However, it was so wordy and boring that I ended up just flipping through the chapters and trying to find anything that i though might pertain to me. I could barely finish it. However, maybe my brain,as a kindergarten teacher, just isnt up to reading books like this anymore.
on May 31, 2016
Parker Palmer proves again he is a master at understanding what speaks directly to human heart and soul. Anyone whose work and/or relationships (that's surely most, if not all) depends upon impacting another's thoughts and action will be well served by spending time in this book. Parker's concepts are sharp. His methodology as a teacher is efficient and effective. But his work moves people beyond just learning to personal growth of such depth it may be described as healing.
on October 16, 2012
Iv had many fathers or mentors. Parker is the clearest most comprehensive soul that I aspire to emulate. Writing style content and usefulness are outstanding.
Thank You for detailing a life well lived and presenting it in the context of political as well as spiritual terms.
on February 12, 2013
I bought this book because I love his book Courage to Teach and this guide will be helpful for dialogue with teachers. If you plan on using his book for a study this guide is good to have.
on August 29, 2015
Still using this book in my class. Students are enjoying the material. The suggested questions are helpful to use with the main text.
on February 5, 2014
Perfect condition. Going to serve very well as a gift for a graduate student earning her Master's Degree in education!
on November 18, 2015
Great piece of work that offers the chance to reflect on one's inner and outer experieces.
on March 2, 2016
Thank you for the delivery. This book is very important to me and the CD usefully.