5.0 out of 5 stars Readable text
Well organized and well written. Great college text for survey or upper level sections. Pictures and maps greatly enhance narrative.
Published 10 months ago by Patricia R.

2.0 out of 5 stars An Unbearable Read
Published 15 months ago by J. Eickhoff

2.0 out of 5 stars An Unbearable Read, April 5, 2013
This review is from: The Course of Mexican History (Paperback)
For a college professor, this book will be enjoyable. But for any college student taking a class on Mexican history as a requirement will find themselves laboring over a needlessly difficult text. The book over-emphasizes on an excessively showy, pedantic writing prose and not enough effort is put towards clarity and coherence. I often found myself rereading a paragraph 2 - 3 times just to understand it. And often the book gets bogged down in mundane details instead of focusing on the big picture and identifying important themes. A book should strive to inspire interest in the reader, but this book, with all its tedium accounted for, will just bore the reader to death and the reader ultimately gains no interest in Mexican history whatsoever.

5.0 out of 5 stars Readable text, August 27, 2013

5.0 out of 5 stars GREAT!, June 30, 2014
This review is from: The Course of Mexican History (Paperback)
Amazing service i ordered my book on Friday, got the expedited delivery,and i got it by Monday.

On the description it said that the book was in good conditions and i think its great! a little worn around the edges but that happens with any book. There was little to no writing on it.

It's GREAT for the amount i paid!

5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome, February 20, 2014
This review is from: The Course of Mexican History (Paperback)
This book is great it tells many stories we already know but from different points of view! There fore learning more info. Making me look all smart, getting me laid even!

2.0 out of 5 stars Not surprising that everyone who gave this a good rating is an instructor, January 12, 2011
This review is from: The Course of Mexican History (Paperback)
I ordered this book for a 3000-level course in Mexican history. I found this book so difficult to read, incoherent, and non-student-friendly. I do not consider myself a poor reader. I am an author myself (Notarial Practice in the State of Florida, 2010), and pride myself on my exceptional reading and writing skills. But this book clearly seems to be written for persons who already have knowledge in Mexican history. Students like myself, who, although having a course of study founded in history, do not have the preexisting knowledge in the subject matter, will find this book to be extremely difficult. I often find myself having to read the same paragraph 4 times and still not understanding it, and I have never had such an issue with any other text.

It is clear that this book was intended as a textbook, yet it does not have any of the features that make a textbook student-friendly, such as footnoted vocabulary terms (instead, the book seems to expect the reader to already know the meaning of obscure Mexican terms), chapter outlines or summaries, a glossary, etc. Section summaries would be extremely helpful since I would often finish a section and not understand the main point of the section.

In my opinion, this is a book written by experts for experts, and is not one I would recommend for student use.

5.0 out of 5 stars Good, November 26, 2012
Jorge Perez (FLOWER MOUND, TX, US) - See all my reviews
This review is from: The Course of Mexican History (Paperback)
Is used on teaching on University collage for mayors in History of our past day`s of the Mexican history for a good education

5.0 out of 5 stars Book review, March 6, 2013
This review is from: The Course of Mexican History (Paperback)
The book came unscratched. No highlighted anything, it was like in brand new condition. I'm sure it had that smell that new books have. An english teacher once said she liked to smell her books for the authenticity a book has rather than a digital copy. The book was like new.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Conditions! Great Price!, January 26, 2013
This review is from: The Course of Mexican History (Paperback)
I have previously bought other textbooks online, but this book delivered pretty fast and it's in excellent conditions. I got it for more than half off, from what my bookstore was asking for. I am definitely going to buy from this seller again.

5.0 out of 5 stars Good book, January 28, 2013
This review is from: The Course of Mexican History (Paperback)
Good book perfect conditions, it serves its purpose this book was a requirement for my Mexican history class and It is a good book.

The Course of Mexican History
The Course of Mexican History by Susan Deeds (Paperback - March 12, 2010)
Used & New from: $11.98