Court TV - Dominick Dunne's Power, Privilege, and Justice
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Top Customer Reviews
This particular show is about crimes that were comitted by the VERY rich (and sometimes famous), how they were solved, and whether or not true justice was done. Can money buy justice these days? Well, according to this show, the rich can no longer count on that!
Many of these shows deal with murder, and money is generally at the root of it all (it's amazing that some people never have enough money, and what they'll do to get more is down right sickening sometimes!).
Dominick Dunne does a great job of hosting this show. In fact, he was/is one of the rich himself, so he was known to hobnob with many of the people he now commentates about (I wonder if he is still invited to all those extravegant parties?).
Overall, if you're a crime buff, & enjoy watching the criminal justice process (from realizing there's the crime, to solving "who dunnit", to the court room trial & judgement), then this would be a great DVD for you.
In no particular order, the eight episodes are:
1) Alex Kelly was a teenager from a Darien, Connecticut, family who raped two of his high school classmates. Rather than face justice he spent eight years on the run - with his parent's help.
2) T. Cullen Davis was a Texas oil tycoon. He was accused of murdering his stepdaughter and his wife's boyfriend. Later, he was accused of hiring a hit man to kill a judge and his wife.
3) Dana Ewell hired a friend to kill his father, mother, and sister - all so that he could inherit the family's $8 million fortune and not have to share with his sister.
4) Steven Beard was a lonely, elderly man who met - then married - an exciting woman named Celeste. Celeste's lesbian lover murdered Beard so that they could inherit his estate.
5) Ruth Anne Aron was a rising Maryland politician when bad publicity stained her public image. She tried to get even by hiring a hit man to eliminate her rivals.
6) Jim Sullivan was living the good life in Palm Beach when his marriage turned sour. Desperate to avoid paying a settlement, he hired a hit man who killed Sullivan's wife. Bringing Sullivan to justice would take about 15 years and would involve an international manhunt.
7) Joe Pikul was a Wall Street "Master of the Universe" who also enjoyed cross-dressing. He also murdered his wife. This story would be completely unbelievable if it weren't true.Read more ›
Most Recent Customer Reviews
Love Dominic Dunne and this did not disappoint! Recommended for all Dominic Dunne fans. This may contain segments that you have not seen before! Excellent!Published 5 months ago by Amazon Customer
Love this DVD set. Dominick Dunne was a wonderful person. Very smart, very entertaining. Excellent set! Highly recommend it!Published 15 months ago by Moira Lauren
I really like this show series by Dominick Dunne. They are very good stories. I have not played this DVD yet, but assume it will work okay. Read morePublished on September 11, 2013 by 2563255553
This a good DVD for anyone who has seen and enjoyed the show Power Priviledge & Justice. Each episode is about a true crime, the investigation and subsequent trial and result. Read morePublished on August 22, 2013 by Kirk
a must-have for fans of Mr. Dunne! He is at his crumudgeonly best in this series, documenting the crimes of the wealthy elite.Published on February 6, 2010 by M. Kolasinski