4.0 out of 5 stars Gorgeous colors and great shine.
Published 16 months ago by Juniper Wardwell

1.0 out of 5 stars Curious!!!
I find it very curious that there are 37 reviews of this product written on the exact same day!! All of them are glowing reviews written on May 17!!
Published 21 months ago by bsnwi

1.0 out of 5 stars Curious!!!, November 26, 2012

1.0 out of 5 stars Unhappy Customer, July 26, 2012
I received this product and was excited to be bale to do my nails at home. I applied the product as instructed on a SUnday evening nad by Wednesday it was chipping off worse than if I had used regular nail polish. I packed everything up and returned via UPS and paid $18.00 in shipping. After I week I logged into the UPS tracking to discover there had been three attempts to deliver the package and no one was ever there to accept let alone refund. Now it is being returned to me. This will belast purchae over the internet unless it is a well known company.

4.0 out of 5 stars Gorgeous colors and great shine., April 21, 2013
This is a review of Couture gel polish base, color and top only. I do not have the entire kit and I use a different brand LED lamp. I decided to try the Couture base in an effort to find something that was easier to soak-off. I was having some long and nasty soak-offs. My online research brought me to the Couture line. I have done two manicures and one pedicure so far and indeed soak-offs are markedly easier, faster and more gentle. Unfortunately, I am not yet sure if the easy soak-off also means that the wear is not as long lasting as I have had issues with lifting after a couple of days. My non-dominant hand and pedicure remain perfect, so this may be user-error rather than the base. The base is a different, more silky consistency than I am used to working with, so I'm hoping the culprit is user error that I will be able to work out. I love the top coat and it is one of the shiniest I've used.

In addition to the base and top, I currently have one Couture color - Vintage Denim (new Spring 2013 line) and it's GORGEOUS! There are many more Couture colors that I plan to purchase due to the high pigment and quality of the colors. The color goes on beautifully with zero streaking and self-levels. Vintage Denim is a med-dark purplish blue with beautiful shimmer. This shimmer appears to be a trademark found in many of Couture's colors and I absolutely love it. In my opinion it really adds something special to the color. Since Vintage Denim is a darker color, I have experienced some shrink-back with it but was able to easily minimize this by being extra diligent with capping the free-edge.

Update: The wear issues that I had on my dominant hand appear to have been due to my application. I was very careful with my application on subsequent manicure and it's lasting great. My non-dominant hand and my pedicure are still perfect too. So, I think the issue was that I didn't cap the free edge very well on my dominant hand when I did my first manicure. It's hard working with my non-dominant hand! I also applied the product a little more thickly (not thick by any means but I think I took the "thin application" a little too far as I've noticed this has improved my wear with other SOG brands as well). If I have truly found the SOG line that has staying power AND easy soak off I am going to be a very happy girl!!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Great product, no more need to hit the salon to have fabulous looking nails! :), May 17, 2012
I am a very, very busy mom of 4 kids (ages 9 to 4 months). I also work full time (spending 90% of my time in front of a computer equaling a LOT of typing) AND we live on a farm full our poultry, goats and horses. My time to get to the salon to get my nails done is limited and saying I am rough on my nails is an understatement! I don't even bother painting them with regular polish as I can't get more than 24 hours without a chip! For years I went the route of acrylics until I could no longer commit the time to keep them up. I had the chance to try out another type of salon gel polish last summer and was hooked on the zero dry time and durability. When I saw Couture was coming out with an at home kit I knew I HAD to have it!
My mother in law bought me my kit of Couture gel nail polish for Christmas last year. I could not BE more in love with this product! I did have an initial problem with shine on the top coat but they were super quick to reply and get things taken care of right away, I was really impressed with their customer service. The three colors that came with my kit were: 'front row seat' ( lovely neutral brown), 'street chic' (a gorgeous plum red color) and 'night on the town' (my fav and an awesome silver color). Each of the colors applies easily, the shine is incredible and the wear is more than I could have asked for! I secretly love it when someone comments on how they have no clue how i find time to go get my nails done. I'm quick to note that I did them myself and how much I love the product. :D
One thing I have always HATED about polish, whether on my natural nails or over acrylics was the dry time! UGH, I don't have time to sit and wait for polish to dry. I think the only time over all the years I had my nails professionally done that I did not have a smudge was my wedding day and that was only because they practically glued me to the seat for an hour afterwards! ;) Aside from it's incredible durability, the immediate dry time is one of my favorite parts of this product.
Being so busy it seems that often the only time I have free to even paint my nails is after I've put all the kids to bed. This is always a risky time to paint nails and I've woken the next morning many times with smudges even though they were painted hours before bed. With Couture gel polish I've actually painted my nails less than a 1/2 hour before I went to bed and still woke up to gorgeous nails. Even my kids notice and compliment me.
The only problem I have is they offer SO many colors I find it difficult to decide and want them all!

5.0 out of 5 stars Love how pigmented the colors are, April 18, 2013
I started using gel polish about 1.5 years ago and before that I just cut my nails short. Nowadays my nails are nice and long because of gel polish. I have tried many brands but I really like Couture because the gel polish is highly pigmented all you need is 2 layers to create the great color composition. I find the application goes on really smooth with the big brush. Couture's top coat is amazing because it makes my manicures so shiny and perfect. Lastly removing Couture's gel polish is a breeze, it just slides right off with cotton balls soaked with acetone and wrapped with foil . I cannot wait to add more colors to my collection.

5.0 out of 5 stars great service!!, May 8, 2013
I have to say i received a really great service from couture!! I send an email, received an answer the next morning and they help me with all the process. I saw bad reviews about the customer service and was not sure about placing an order, but personnaly, i received an awsome service! And i am just so happy about my order!!! The kit is really not expensive for what you get!

5.0 out of 5 stars Love, love, love! This is my new favorite toy!, May 29, 2013
Rarely do you buy a product that is exactly what you think it's going to be. If you follow the instructions (i.e. apply very thin base coat layer, and be sure to use rubbing alcohol on cotton ball/pad after the top coat to rub off the tacky outer layer), this will work EXACTLY like it does in the salon. The quality is the same - you are not getting a cheap imitation. Looking forward to trying the other colors. I'm so beyond happy with this purchase! $100 is what - 3 gel manicures? It's a no-brainer!

4.0 out of 5 stars nice kit, February 23, 2013
Momma of 2 and 4 yr olds (Germany (via Wisconsin)) - See all my reviews
Only negative is that it came with white, frosty nail polish. Not the greatest color for my short stubby nails.
I do really like this kit though! So easy to use, after completed I just lightly rub my nails with nail polish remover and they are so shiny and don't chip!!
I also appreciate their referral program that allows me a free nail polish with ea referral. Once my nails look nice, I hope to utilize this!

5.0 out of 5 stars I'm addicted to this stuff!, June 2, 2013
I've been using soak off gel polish for over a year, bought and used about a dozen brands, and use an LED light for curing. Couture is easily the best of them, I wish I had found them when I first started out, so I didn't waste money on other brands that sit in the back of my drawer now.

While some brands have a lot of shrink-back (ahem: OPI), application of Couture polish is always smooth, and the colours are by far the best pigmented. I love doing nail art, and it's great to have one-coat, super pigmented black (Little Black Dress) and white (Ooh La La French) colours that don't need multiple applications. Because they're so pigmented, always give them a shake first before using.

I never have chipping. I routinely keep my manis for 2 weeks, sometimes 3, and LOVE the way Couture lasts. I could never wear regular polish more than a day, my nails would chip off in flakes at the tips. With this on, my nails have to be cut down between manis since they stay so strong, and I get compliments from strangers - which is freakin' amazing to me after years of little stubs.

Even soak off is amazing with Couture! I've other top brands that have taken 20 minutes and then still needed to be filed. Couture comes off in a solid piece in 5 minutes flat. Remember to always file the shine off the top coat, and always use heat (warm gel pack, etc) on your wrapped fingers for soak off.

Note: if you ever have a problem with this, ask for help on their Facebook page. Myself and other gel nail addicts (yup - I'm an admitted addict of this now) post our manis on there, and are always willing to help with questions or application errors - usually it's someone used to non-gel, regular nail polish and not preparing their nails right, or applying properly. You can also see what the colours look like on nails - a lot easier than looking at colour dots.

Girls, you don't need to be stuck with bad nails, or spending $50 on salon manis if you get the Couture kit. I absolutely LOVE this product!

5.0 out of 5 stars You'll never go to a nail technician again!!, May 17, 2012
I bought this kit a few months ago and was skeptical at first. A lot of products these days claim to long lasting and worth the money. Then I decided to try it. It is the best product that I have bought for myself in years. I was initially having an issue with my manicures chipping in a day or two. A complete waste of money. This kit has everything thing that you need besides rubbing alcohol, pure acetone and lint-free wipes. The color choices are brilliant and beautiful. Uptown Girl has to be my ultimate fav right now. Just love this product. It's well worth the money. I've saved about $200 now since I do my own nails. You'll love it. Just follow the steps exactly and you'll achieve the perfect outcome. The customer service is awesome as well. Great product!!

Couture Gel Nail Polish Kit with Espree LED Lamp