Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your email address or mobile phone number.
Cover Your Tracks Without Changing Your Identity: How to Disappear Until You WANT to Be Found
Use the Amazon App to scan ISBNs and compare prices.
Up to 40% off select Non-Fiction books
Featured Non-Fiction titles are up to 40% off for a limited time. See all titles
Frequently Bought Together
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Discover books for all types of engineers, auto enthusiasts, and much more. Learn more
Top Customer Reviews
The truth is, however, that this book is a how-to manual for people who need to lay low for a while, because of financial problems, stalkers, vengeful ex-spouses, or what have you.
Do the techniques it describes work? YES. Using them I was able to disappear for several months during a time when a vengeful and psychotic ex-boyfriend wanted very much to put a bullet in me. He is now sitting in prison, and I am safe for at least 20 years. But if I hadn't found this book then I would likely be dead at this point.
I strongly recommend this book for anyone who needs to get away from things for a while - without anyone being able to track them down.
Though it's about a very serious topic, the author tosses in some of his own quirky humor and observations which make the book fun to read as well as enlightening. Recommended to anyone interested in privacy protection.
"Cover Your Tracks Without Changing Your Identity" introduces the concept of a "light identity change". This interesting title explains how to leave your old identity intact but keep your problems finding you at your new location. Using Wilson's tactics in "Cover Your Tracks Without Changing Your Identity", you will be able to return to your former identity if you desire.
The information contained in this unique title will undoubtedly help many people.
Second, if you know anything about public transportation, motels, shelters, and relatives that would gladly let you crash with them, then you know 90% of this book. If you know how to open a P.O. Box or a private mail box at a facility like the U.P.S. store, then you know the remaining 10% of this book.
If this book cost $1, then perhaps it would be worth it. Could always use a fire-starter.
Most Recent Customer Reviews
this is a total waste of money - if you believe that any of this actually works then I have to question what kind of trouble you're in and if you are I suggest a different guide... Read morePublished on October 24, 2013 by Richard Dion, PhD
This wasn't worth the time or money. It is very basic and really applies more to men than women. I don't recommend it.Published on August 12, 2013 by J. Parker
Ill save you some time... the authors solution/main idea:.......(drumroll)...... stay in campgrounds and work blue collar jobs!! Brilliant!!!! Read morePublished on August 5, 2013 by jared matthews
Bought it for a friend, haven't read it. The friend is a very discriminating reader and frugal so this must be a worthwhile edition.Published on August 3, 2013 by Celeste F.Bove
This books is NOT a good deal BUT it is not a BAD book, either. If the price were lower, I'd recommend it.Published on June 8, 2013 by Heather Short, PhD(ABD)
there are some wonderful thoughts that went into this one , but it doesnt go far enough to show how to actually disapear in plain sight. Read morePublished on May 14, 2013 by Don Tabler
Well written, interesting, but superficial and impractical. Also dated; not made for the "Internet Age. Read morePublished on July 21, 2012 by FatherofYoda
Yeah, you can disappear if you lose everything and hitchhike around and live in cardboard boxes and the occasional flophouse. Read morePublished on July 7, 2011 by Amazon Customer