Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-6 of 6 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Aug 17, 2011 3:36:36 PM PDT
Aunt Tacky says:
I've seen a potential cover art for this book which is a total rip-off of Nathalia Suellen's lovely cover for LK Rigel's novel, Spiderwork. Not surprised you fail to show an image here. Hope the author and publisher change what is proposed before publication.

Posted on Aug 18, 2011 11:16:13 AM PDT
Kyrie says:
I saw that. Absolutely shameful. Basically, Harper Collins feels like if you won't sell them your art to use as a cover, they'll just take it.
http://dearauthor.com/features/industry-news/thursday-midday-links-whats-a-little-cover-art-copying-between-friends/

Posted on Aug 18, 2011 2:22:01 PM PDT
Wow. And I bet the author, Alix Flynn, would be devastated to know that her publisher is stealing art and ruining her reputation too. What a colossal act of incompetence and unethical (or criminal) behaviour.

Posted on Aug 18, 2011 2:58:09 PM PDT
Sojourner says:
I'm sure Alix Flynn knows by now. The cover has been removed from a lot of sites. HC is owned by Rupert Murdoch. Need I say more?

Posted on Aug 19, 2011 7:50:24 AM PDT
Adam Webb says:
Glad to see shameless copying isn't ignored in this case. Hopefully it was the author who called HC, and Murdoch's goons out.

In reply to an earlier post on Aug 19, 2011 10:05:49 AM PDT
The story was also posted on boingboing.net, which gets 350k visitors a day and regularly calls out people who rip off artistic work. :D
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  5
Total posts:  6
Initial post:  Aug 17, 2011
Latest post:  Aug 19, 2011

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 2 customers

Search Customer Discussions
This discussion is about
Bewitching (Kendra Chronicles)
Bewitching (Kendra Chronicles) by Alex Flinn (Hardcover - February 14, 2012)
4.3 out of 5 stars   (75)