on May 28, 2013
Color Name: Natural BeigeVerified Purchase
I'm a little old lady of Jane Fonda's age (there all resemblance ends!). I had been seeking some face coverage that would sort of blend in all the little whatsits that had accumulated over the decades. First I tried this expensive Korean BB cream--OMG,I could have gone on display at a wax museum and no one would have guessed I was real! Then I tried Avino BB cream, that left me looking much less corpse-like but did not last past lunchtime. I returned to my usual Revlon age-defying foundation, good coverage although too thick for summer wear. Alas, during the afternoon my age started defying IT. Then I saw an ad for this covergirl outlast stay (oh, promises, promises!). It wasn't so costly I couldn't risk a try! BINGO! Amazingly enough, it not only provides the light coverage I want but stays with me all day! I didn't start looking ghastly till I removed it at bedtime. So I recommend it indeed. I also recommend the best free facelift: It's called a smile--wear one often!
:-D lol lol (little old lady laughing out loud)
1212 commentsWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...
on January 12, 2013
Color Name: Buff BeigeVerified Purchase
This foundation gives a good, matte coverage. The trick is to either apply it quickly or use a light moisturizer first. The reason is the foundation sets in a few seconds. It can be hard to blend w/o moisturizer or using fast fingers. It does stay on all day without needing a touch up. I would buy it again as it is one of the best I have tried in this price range. This is an additional comment to above, about 6 weeks later. I still love the foundation. Some of my friends think I had laser treatments under my eyes! You may not need to work fast, as I initially stated. I forgot to shake the bottle first. If you shake first, the moisture lotion in the product is distrbutied and it goes on more smoothly used alone or with a light moisturizer than previously stated.
on February 2, 2013
Color Name: Classic Ivory
4.5 stars

I'm actually pretty pleased with this. I haven't used Covergirl foundation in several years because it started to disappoint me. When this came out, I read some positive reviews on other sites and thought, "What the heck, I'll give this a try." It's actually better than I was expecting.

First of all (I hope this isn't confusing), I like that you can twist the pump one way to open it up completely and then turn it the other way to close it so that none comes out, on top of putting the lid on it (This is also done on some face washes or moisturizers so if you have them you know what I'm talking about). The product is very light and feels very comfortable on my skin; it doesn't feel gross at all. Matched with this is the fact that it gives really great coverage and it's easy to blend. It dries to a matte finish. As for lasting power, it controls oil for most of the day. Sometimes when I remove it at night, my forehead is shiny but it doesn't feel greasy. For reference, I have oily, acne-prone skin. This product does not dry out my skin or make me break out.

I also like that on Covergirl's website, you can answer a few questions and get "color-matched." I'm sure it's not as reliable as a makeup counter in a department store (because it's up to you to pick the answer that best fits) but it's accurate and I think it's great for people who aren't sure what shade they are.

Bottom line: This is a lightweight formula that is easy to blend and does a really good job of covering imperfections. It feels light and comfortable on your skin and stays on all day, keeping you matte for most of it. The price is reasonable (around $10 in stores), the pump on the bottle is nice, and it is a good match to my skin tone. I'd recommend and I may be going back to Covergirl foundations with this product.
on August 31, 2013
Color Name: IvoryVerified Purchase
I use to use foundation about a couple years back, but stopped because I realized it simply made my face more oily. So for the past 4 years, I only used BB cream, which although light, and apparently good for my skin, did not give me good coverage at all. Although I'm young, I have large pores, acne, and light acne discoloration from my adolescence. I was never very happy with my skin, and it was much worse when I had to go to bed late, and woke up with a swollen face.

I decided I had to do something since someone in their 20's can't just go around hating their skin for the rest of their life. I began researching different types of foundations on Youtube and watched hundreds of recommendations by beauty gurus. After browsing, I finally decided to simply make a purchase, and decided on the Covergirl Outlast because I have such incredibly oily skin (I'm not even joking. When someone in a video claims they have oily skin, they do not understand what I mean when I say I have oily skin. Technically, I have combination/oily, but simply sitting at my desk, my t-zone becomes incredibly shiny, and no amount of powder and keep the shininess down, even blotting oil paper never seemed to do the trick). I received my foundation with high expectations, and walked away with high expectations. The formula is the perfect consistency, not too runny and not too thick. Plus, they probably made the best packaging as I hate it when foundations are simply twist open bottles that could easily spill!

The foundation goes on smooth, and almost becomes a matte, powder formula immediately, giving the face and extremely airbrushed look. I either use a stippling brush (the $3 I got from e.l.f, or the Real Techniques Expert Face brush which is all around amazing). Blend it in a bit, and I look so natural. I absolutely do not look like I have foundation on, and have recently realized that I stopped using powder on my face. Once the foundation goes on, it stays so matte I forget to powder, and the foundation does its magic even until 10 PM! So from 8 AM to 10 PM, I never had to blot once, even in the humid, summer months. Entirely impressed, and don't think I will ever switch unless they decide to discontinue. But then, all the other foundations have a lot to live up to!
on June 4, 2013
Color Name: Buff Beige
I was doubtful at first. I usually avoid foundations because I have oily skin, and I'm prone to breaking out. But, because of all the great reviews, I decided to give this a try.

To give you an idea of how I used this product, I basically carried on with my usual routine of moisturizer. But I skipped the SPF so I wouldn't have on too many layers. I applied the Outlast Stay Fabulous 3 in 1 using a brush the first day. The coverage was really nice and buildable. Also, the finish was surprising smooth and matte.

On my oily/combination skin, the product lasted about 5 to 6 hours which is pretty impressive. I had to blot my skin every couple hours so that took away from the product. But it was easy enough to apply more to spots that needed extra coverage.

On the second day, I used my fingers to apply the Outlast 3 in 1. I liked this application better as the product looked more blended into my skin and pores. The amount of time the Outlast stayed on my face was basically the same as with the brush application, about 5 to 6 hours.

Overall, I give this 3 out of 5 stars because it exceeded my expectations. I like the finish of the product. I like that it has a primer in the formula which helps us oily skinned people out. I like that this is a drug store product that doesn't break the bank or break out my sensitive skin. I like how the color stayed true throughout the day with minimal oxidation (I've heard that some of the darker colors in this line may change more dramatically after it sets).

What I didn't like was the cheap pump and the clear top. Compared to the glass container the foundation comes in, the top and pump made the product feel cheaper. More importantly, I wish the product wasn't scented. I'm worried my skin will become sensitized to the fragrance. It's a very light smell but irritating to me none the less.

Overall, I would recommend this product if you are looking for a bargain foundation.

Note: I have light skin with yellow undertones and a lot of redness and acne scars. Buff Beige in number 305 worked for me. I had to test a couple of shades on my wrist to match my complexion. I prefer a lighter color rather than a darker one because I can always add bronzer. Also, I would recommend you use a powder to set this foundation to avoid having to blot your skin like I had to do. I hope this helps!
on January 9, 2014
Color Name: Buff BeigeVerified Purchase
I really love this foundation, it is my favorite at the moment. It is medium to full coverage & you don't even need to use a primer to end up looking flawless! It really does last all day. I have normal skin, not oily, not dry & it works really good on my skin. There is not one thing I dislike about this. I love it. I stopped using my all time favorite Estee Lauder Double Wear because of this wayyyy cheaper foundation. :)
on November 29, 2014
Color Name: Classic Ivory
Firstly, I have oily/ combination, acne prone skin. I get very oily in my T-Zone and I have dry patches (some hormonal, some from scabs due to acne. Lovely, I know.) Also I have a very uneven skin tone, with lots of redness in various places. Accompanied by scarring and uneven texture on my cheeks.
I would consider my skin very problematic, and I am always changing my skin care routine and my makeup/ application process. I have used some high end foundations, and many drug store foundations. As well as high end and cheaper brushes, and the Beauty Blender. I prefer a full coverage look and finish.
When I first tried this product, I actually returned it after one use. I applied it with my Beauty Blender (which can and will sheer out more "watery" liquid foundations) and the coverage was just okay, and I found that it wore off very easily around my mouth and chin.
I have preferred Revlon Color Stay (for oily combo skin) for some time, so I just went back to using that. But the Color Stay has just felt too heavy and cakey for me lately, and I wanted to try to get away from it.
I liked the MAC Pro Longwear foundation for a while, but the price point on that is just too much for me, as I do wear a full face of makeup 5 to 6 days out of the week. Which means I do have to repurchase my products quite often.
So, I decided to repurchase this Covergirl Outlast 3 in 1 Foundation and give it another chance. THIS TIME, I applied it with my Sigma F80 flat top kabuki brush. (Which is a very dense, good quality brush, if you're unfamiliar, I suggest it). I got much better coverage with it with this method and tool.
I pump product onto the back of my hand (since I do like a full coverage look, I do use 3-4 pumps total- if your skin is less problematic, you could certainly use less!) and I dip my brush into it. I then work in sections, first lightly buffing the foundation into my skin with short strokes and light circular motions, then I do a stippling motion to achieve a nice even texture with no streaks.
This foundation is buildable! And not as cakey as Revlon Color Stay (which is more thick and creamy than this foundation) when you add more layers. When I do go in to add my second layer, I skip the buffing, and I use the stippling motion. That way I'm not moving around the first layer, as it is usually already mostly set.
I do set this foundation with a powder (tapping/ motions so I do not disturb the foundation!).
With this application and tool, I do really like this product. Since it is more liquidy, the beauty blender just sheered out the coverage too much for me. The dense kabuki style brush gave me the more full coverage finish I go for.
It feels lightweight on my skin compared to a lot of the other foundations I have tried. With layering and building, which it does nicely, it is a nice smooth GOOD medium to full coverage foundation. One layer, I would say is medium coverage.
It has a matte finish, but not LOOK AT ME I AM DRY matte. I would say almost a matte/ satin finish. And it does almost feel powdery once it is set and dried on the skin.
I do still find myself using a concealer and a primer with this, but I do that no matter what.
It is not QUITE as full coverage as Revlon Color Stay, and it does wipe off easier, HOWEVER, I like the softer, non-cakey look this Covergirl foundation gives so much that I just can't go back. Cake face is NOT cute!
As far as my oily face, I do still have to blot around my nose every few hours, but I have never been able to find anything where I did not have to do that. It seems to have decent oil control.
So.. Matte/ satin finish. Buildable. Easy to blend. Decent oil/ shine control. Medium to full coverage. Lightweight on the skin. Color selection is okay, personally. I am in Classic Ivory, and it matches me fine. It comes with a pump, gotta love that!
Overall, I do really like this foundation. Especially for the price. I will repurchase, and I will say goodbye to my Colorstay for now.
on January 7, 2014
Color Name: Medium BeigeVerified Purchase
I've been using this foundation for about a year now and it's still my favorite foundation. It has great coverage and blendibility and comes in a variety of colors. Will be my holy grail for a while :)
11 commentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...
on February 17, 2013
Color Name: Ivory
This is the best drugstore foundation I have tried yet. I used a sponge applicator and used maybe half a pea sized amount covered my entire face. I have sun spots and redness and this foundation covered every bit of it. I have fair skin and this color blended perfectly and doesn't look fake. It does not sink into my pores, which I was worried about since I have combination skin/T-zone problems. I was VERY impressed after trying this, and it is difficult for a liquid foundation to impress me.
on August 30, 2013
Color Name: Creamy NaturalVerified Purchase
I work 12 hour shifts, i was using a long wear makeup by Revlon, it was alright but it settled into my laugh lines and creases if I squinted my eyes-making me look older than I am. The Revlon brand was also heavy, it covered flaws but you could not touch it again after initial application or it did this weird "flaking" off thing that nothing really seemed to remedy.
i came across this outlast by covergirl and it is far superior to Revlon. I have very oily skin, some blemishes. I live in the south so in the summer time things can get runny, smeared and sweaty very quickly. Outlast does not move all day-it does not wear off, it does not run, it NEVER looks oily. Not even after 16 hours and a long work day. I never have to touch it up-and I used to touch up my make up several times a day.
I never thought I would like a liquid makeup so much. It doesn't feel heavy-blends easily, no lines, looks natural. Love it.

Few tips-I still use primer, with my oily skin I need it and it really helps the foundation last much longer. I also use a brush either stippling or foundation, both work equally well but help the makeup go on much smoother and blend better.

I have gotten so many compliments since I started wearing this, several people have said how lucky I am to have flawless skin-I certainly do not have flawless skin by any means but with outlast it really looks like my skin is as close to perfection as it gets.
11 commentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...