Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Coverings
Safety Month botysf16 Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Recess Monkey Explore Premium Audio Fire TV Stick Subscribe & Save Patriotic Picks STEM Amazon Cash Back Offer AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro STEM

Format: Kindle Edition|Change

on May 13, 2012
The author, Gary Naler has released yet another book with easily refutable scholarship and a strange warped theology. I do not know Mr Naler personally but it is likely that his racist and misogynistic worldview is what drives his thoughts and theology, not his intellect and faith driving his worldview. In his own words part of the so-called "curse" on America is due to women and black men.

Any person who has been to school (whether it be seminary or a university level theology track) would refute Naler's opinion of Nazarites, coverings and even his assertion that the "tree of the knowledge of good and evil was grapes. This book and his previous wok, "The Curse of 1920" are pious sounding, but they detract from real scholarship and worse, they confuse the innocent but ignorant.
44 comments|42 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on June 2, 2015
While I do not agree with everything Mr. Naler wrote, I found this book to be very helpful as I decided whether or not to wear a covering. I chose to wear one, partly because of some of what I read in this book.
on January 12, 2015
I would give this book no stars, if it were possible.
WOW, I am honestly still flabbergasted! This book could not be farther from the Truth of the Good Book, The Holy Bible, THE (ONLY) WORD OF GOD & CHRIST OUR SAVIOUR!

"Coverings" = Unfounded, ungrounded, & twisted Theology, DEFINITELY!

Whew! K, so...
As a Christian woman and sister in Christ, with several convictions & a great love for my personal Saviour Jesus Christ, I completely disagree with this Author. I urge others to read God's Word for guidance on "coverings", and everything else, & NOT READ THIS BOOK!

I love to read, especially good, solid Non-fiction Christian books by true Believers who become Authors...As you read their books, you can feel that connection in knowing that what they teach or write is proper & correct teaching...you may even feel the Holy Spirit giving you a little "nudge" or "tug", & you may also feel inspired to do what is right by God...I know I have, and I still do, when reading the proper books :-). BUT NOT THIS BOOK by this author!!! It made me want to run from this book, this man, & what he's teaching...and then it made me want to write this Review!

Everything we need is in the Word of God, and it's a shame when authors like this twist & distort it! I am so blessed & thankful to the Lord who gave me a wonderful Grandfather (and Grandmother, who is 96 now) who was an amazing Pastor, Teacher, & Preacher who TRULY preached the Word and lived a life for God! I am blessed to have a family with such wonderful Christian heritage which has kept me grounded. My Grandparents have never been hypocritical in their beliefs, which set a great example for me...Praise God!

If we do come across false teachings, we are to do our duty as Believers to stand up for the Lord's Truth, firmly planted, and lead people to THE BOOK that truly has the answers...(Maybe start here: Life Application Study Bible NKJV )

Even this man's book's "blurb" is a lie and not true to the the Bible!
I hope the author (along with the people who have read this book) has closed his eyes, prayed, and discovered that his book is not God's Truth &/or Christ's true teachings.

May God bless you all according to His will. O:-)
on January 10, 2015
I was questionin the reasoning for head coverings within myself after reading coverings I had a better understanding of coverings and my religious beliefs... I would recommend this book to others who have had the same questions as me
on September 2, 2015
Very insightful and thought provoking. It has made me go back to the Scriptures to study out more.
on February 19, 2013
This book is a great resource to those Christians who want to better understand modesty, coverings and being veiled before God. Rich with scripture references, as the author writes at the start, you'll probably want to read through this meaty message twice. Once to absorb the text & then again to study it with your study bible at hand. Reconfirms my convictions to where dresses & scarfs. Also has instruction for men regarding their household, how they ought to wear the hair & beard, and all relevant scripture citations for those topics as well.
Arguments of man have come with different interpretations regarding coverings, every denomination seems to say things slightly different. So it becomes important to set aside church teachings, and dive into what the scripture alone says.
Despite the 2.5 average rating for this book here, on GoodReads the rating is much higher. Don't let the lack of other comments deter you from this book if you are curious about learning more on this topic.
on February 20, 2015
Not what I expected!
on December 22, 2014
Wow! I highly recommend this book for every Man and Woman whose desire is to do the will of the Father and to please Him in all their ways. This book addresses gems of truth that has been lost through the ages. Our eyes have been blinded so much and we have gotten so used to the ways of this world, society and fashions that as children of God (or so called Christians) we follow and copy blindly after the ways of the world without even thinking twice that there might be something wrong or missing. This writing puts back a spark and fire again for the ways of Yahweh (which are clearly written in His Word) to once again pursue the ways of old which has been lost. It's a fresh perspective on issues that are clearly written in His Word but has been subtly dismissed by presumption, human opinion and reasoning. The best of all is, as the Title depicts, 'Coverings' are for our protection, no wonder Satan has used this world to blind us and divert our attention to uncover what needs to be covered. This book has brought much excitement and zeal back to me in being called a child of Yahweh. It brings a clear distinction between what is real and what is fake. Prepare to be challenged and prepare to be changed. You cannot read this and continue to be a Christian. It requires practical adaptation. May the Lord bless those who choose to read it, and especially: bless you brother Gary!
on March 1, 2009
I have this book and its complement "The Curse Of 1920" Heres a Question: Are People and Animals Plus this Earth CURSED? Is There a Cure? Why do animals have fur and "Skin" to Identify male and female and help Protect them? Why should Human Beings have certain "Coverings" (besides skin and hair, to help Identify AND Protect Them, males and females? Why do we wear clothing? Well in my humble opinion, this book 'coverings' identifies all this and more. Don't we have Covers on Books to Protect them? Read this book several times then consider where YOU Stand in the "Fullness of Your Time Here as a Student of LIFE and TRUTH".