Truck Month Textbook Trade In Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Sixx AM Fire TV with 4k Ultra HD Beauty Mother's Day Gifts Amazon Gift Card Offer ctstrph2 ctstrph2 ctstrph2  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Fire, Only $39.99 Kindle Paperwhite AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Shop Now SnS

on December 3, 2012
I did find this to be more comprehensive than the Apple downloadable PDF "iPad User Guide". More than enough info to get you started. Not much in the way of info for 3rd party apps, but then there are way too many of them for any kind of brief discourse, I suppose. At any rate, I've been glad to have the book on several occasions while familiarizing myself with everything I can do on this modern age gizmo that is most assuredly more than a game machine... :-)
on December 12, 2012
I bought a 4th generation iPad in November and am new to iOS. The book expands on the information provided in Apple's user guide. It also has three chapters devoted to iWork; one each for Numbers, Pages and Keynote. This is really helpful in figuring out the differences between the Mac OS and iOS versions of these programs. I purchased the Kindle version of the book and had it on my laptop. I then went through the book while carrying out its tips, tricks and instructions on my iPad. This method was easier than running it on the iPad and switching back and forth between the book and the iOS. The book saved me a lot of time getting up and running on the iPad.
on April 8, 2013
This book is a must-have if you have an iPad. The author has written this book in the simplest of terms; the pictures are perfect; and I've learned alot about my iPad even though I've had it for well over a year.
on March 2, 2013
I am 83 years old, and new to technology such as IPads, and I always keep this book within reach. It is well written, nicely illustrated, and includes everything I need to know to operate this fabulous invention.
on April 15, 2013
I found this book at Cosco. I liked it because it is simple and easy to read. Around the same time i bought my parents the Ipad Mini. I told my dad about the book and he wanted one. When i went back to Cosco they didnt have anymore. So i decided to check Amazon ( i shop here a lot ) and not thinking Amazon would have this book. I was VERY happy to find it here! I of course ordered it for my parents ( i live in Minnesota and my parents live in Michigan) and had it delivered to my parents. It was delivered ontime, no problems, and my parents are happy and so was i! Thank you Amazon for your excellent delivery service and a wide variety of products to chose from!! I feel safe shopping on your site too!! Please continue with what you are doing! Thank You Amazon!
on May 6, 2013
CLEAR INSTRUCTIONS, EXCELLENT DIAGRAMS, EASY TO UNDERSTAND. WILL OFTEN FIND MYSELF REFERRING TO IT AFTER THE INITIAL READING..SHOULD HAVE BEEN IN THE PACKAGE WITH THE IPAD. HAVE RECOMMENDED IT TO SEVERAL FRIIENDS.
THE INDEX MAKES FINDING ITEMS REAL EASY. THE WHOLE BOOK IS ORGANIZEAD IN A LOGICAL MANNER STARTING WITH THE BASIC "HOW TO TURN IT ON" ALL THE WAY THROUGH THE MANY THINGS THAT YOU CAN DO WITH IT.BUY IT AND EnJOY!!!.
on November 30, 2012
This book is laid out in a logical manner and provides you with a virtual 'hardcopy' version of the on-line Mac User's Guide. It does not go much beyond that, but as we all know, on-line guides are a pain to deal with, especially when you want to go back to another page but keep the one you are looking at open.

The writing style is not overly technical, and the book is nicely illustrated with appropriate explanations of the operation of the iPad. Unfortunately, as so often is the case, although the author advises you that he welcomes questions from 'the audience out there', don't expect to get a reply from him if you e-mail him a question. Most likely, again as in so many cases, he gets so many questions either on his book, or on the iPad in general, that he is unable to answer most of them, so don't bother.
on December 17, 2012
I gave this book to my mother and father as a gift. The book came on time and was in the promised new condition. There are a lot of pages to the book which is a good thing. I would recommend this seller to others. I did not have any problems with the seller. It was ordered and delivered on time in great condition. :-)
on December 14, 2012
Since there are no printed manual now I needed something I could look at and learn from and this book really filled the bill.Some of the other books I saw were not as clear.
on August 30, 2013
The text is logically outlined, easy to understand, up to date, and practical in its application.

I would recommend this text to anyone who wants to utilize all capabilities the iPad has to offer.