5.0 out of 5 stars Quite a bargain
Published on March 10, 2011 by AC500Driver

1.0 out of 5 stars Poor
The product's photo was misleading. Also it did not come with any instructions for assembly. Additionally, it did not come with parts previously specified in the photo.
Published 18 months ago by Jack Davidson

5.0 out of 5 stars Quite a bargain, March 10, 2011
This review is from: CowboyStudio 16 x 16in Photo Softbox for Studio Strobe with Carry Case and Speedring (Electronics)
A softbox for $20? You bet. Although not made for everyday commercial use on location shoots, this softbox is perfect for being a piece of permanent hardware in the studio. It does its job well. The fabric/stitching/velcro would not stand up to constant assembly and disassembly. Speaking of assembly, no instructions are included, but Cowboy Studios provides a PDF on their website. Once you've put it together and taken it apart a few times, zero thought is required for the process. If using outdoors, be sure and weight your light stand as the softbox has quite a surface area and the slightest breeze will send everything flying. Overall, Cowboy Studio's softbox is a terrific value.

5.0 out of 5 stars I highly recommend this softbox, January 6, 2011
High quality material and well crafted. I had visited a website to see how to assemble one of these soft boxes before mine arrived and it seemed difficult to assemble. If the guy on the video was having a hard time, I knew that I could not expect to have an easier time. So I will not count that against the product. I assembled mine and decided to store them away built. I am sure with some time and a lot of patience someone could get very skilled at assembling these boxes but I rather spend my time taking pictures and not building boxes. I purchased two and I am very happy with the results. Again, the quality is there. The black material is thick and the reflective insides is durable. The ring is metal and heavy, meaning not a cheap plastic. I highly recommend the soft boxes. Did I mention the quality? oh yeah. This is a good value.

1.0 out of 5 stars Poor, January 30, 2013

1.0 out of 5 stars Don't be fooled, October 3, 2012
The only reason that this product got one star is because of Amazon and the wonderful customer service I receive from THEM and their prompt shipping methods.

This product is a joke. First of all, the exterior of the softbox does not completely fit together causing light to "spill" out of the rear of the softbox, unless you lay a towel or some other dark cloth over the thing. In other words, the velcro does not close around the area of the monolight. The tips of the stability rods fall off of the rods themselves leaving you crawling around on the floor to find them. I would post a picture but I am not home right now while writing this review. I am completely dissatisfied and intend to contact the seller "cowboy studios" and let them know how unhappy I am with their product. I will end up purchasing a softbox from somewhere else because I would be embarrassed to bring this anywhere with me. It is definitely not what it looks like in the picture.

Completely disgusted and disillusioned!!

1.0 out of 5 stars shouldn't even get a star., January 8, 2013
i should first start by saying that this review might not apply to everyone who ordered this product. i have a strong feeling that what i got was not made right. what i got and what is in these pictures are almost the same but slightly different.
here are the differences
1. the speeding (circular metal piece) was not the same at all.
2. the 4 rods on the inside did not bend like they are supposed to
3. the size. the pictures shown are very deceptive.
while trying to assemble the softbox, i knew exactly how to put it together but physically wasn't able to. if i were to try to bend the rods, i would end up hurting myself. i would hate for one of them to snap while in front of a client.
I even looked up video tutorials and they had no problem at all.
so, unfortunately, i am returning my softboxes and will hopefully find better ones.
-erin

5.0 out of 5 stars Assembly, February 7, 2014
I finally got this product assembled I like it and it works great. I would recommend this product to others.

5.0 out of 5 stars Works great, but its hard to assemble., December 30, 2013
The quality of the materials and its performance are great, no doubts about it!

BUT!!! Its was very difficult to assemble, the printed instructions are not clear enough. And even with video tutorials that I look for on the internet, I had a really hard time. Ones I assembled it, I didn't folded again.

The metal ring has more holes than the needed so its hard to guess which ones are the ones you should use.

So I LOVE the product, but HATE the assemble process.

4.0 out of 5 stars Works just as I had hoped !, August 12, 2013
The only reason I gave it 4 stars & not 5, was that there were not assembly instructions, so it took a few extra minutes to figure out the assembly.

I'd recommend it, and I'll be getting a few more as well !

1.0 out of 5 stars Junk, June 23, 2011
First it does not come with instructions.

Second, after finding them on the website, the first attempt to assemble it, the support ribs rip right throught the pocket. Softbox and $40 bucks(+shipping and handling)gone. This is something to think about before purchasing one.

1.0 out of 5 stars TERRIBLE, March 13, 2012
These things are absolutely awful. I gambled on these and ordered two for an upcoming shoot. One of them showed up and the seams on 2 of the pockets weren't even sewn shut around the top. I couldn't even try to put that one together, so I moved on to the second one. The first rod I put in blew the pocket out, so now that one is done too. The material is half decent, but the construction quality is absolutely terrible. Nothing is even double stitched or back stitched. Stay far away from these.

Rate and Discover Movies