5.0 out of 5 stars This is a great product
These work great, very easy to use, open and close up. My main concern was that, am I going to be able to pack it up quickly without getting frustrated, yes you can, just practice a couple time and it is a snap.
Published 23 months ago by Xyster

3.0 out of 5 stars Handles are Pointless
Published 17 months ago by H. Beck

3.0 out of 5 stars Handles are Pointless, October 10, 2013
This review is from: CowboyStudio 43" Photography Photo Portable Grip Reflector 5-in-1 Circular Collapsible Multi Disc Reflector with Handle, translucent/gold/silver/white/black (Electronics)
I really wanted to love this reflector, and for the most part, it's just as fine as any other of its kind for its job reflecting light. I am a professional portrait photographer, and I rely on reflectors heavily. I usually have an assistant holding the reflector for me, and honestly, when they have 2 perfectly capable hands, I don't see why handles are even necessary. They're easy enough to just hold. But when I don't have an assistant, it's difficult for me to hold a heavy camera and a reflector at the same time. I thought the handles would help me get a grip on the reflector and be able to hold it outward away from me with one hand. Except the comfy foam grips are loose, so they spin around the wire frame, making the reflector unstable when you're only holding one handle. That said, I am thinking about super-gluing or somehow forcing the foam grip to stick to the frame and not spin, but it's disappointing that I even have to do that.

AND... If you don't absolutely NEED the handles, they really just get in the way when you're reversing the fabric cover. It takes a minute longer to line up the handles when putting the cover back on, and when you're in the middle of a shoot, every minute counts.

5.0 out of 5 stars This is a great product, March 25, 2013

5.0 out of 5 stars Works great, February 7, 2013
This reflector is very sturdy. I love the grip handle. The size does make it hard to hold it steady by the handle. But, that's what you expect with something so large. I am pleased with the quality of this reflector.

2.0 out of 5 stars Disappointed, October 23, 2013
One of the handles fell apart when I took the reflector out of its case. Upon inspection, I found that one of the molded plastic standoffs inside the handle had broken, allowing one of the 4 screws that holds the handle together to pull through to the inside of the handle. There was no way to put it back together. I think it is a very poor design, so I returned the item for a refund. I guess I'll have to spend a little more for a higher quality reflector.

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, July 2, 2014
Was as expected.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great product, June 30, 2014
Excellent product for the money. The different reflectors are a bit difficult to zip, so that's why I didn't rate a "5".

4.0 out of 5 stars Great Reflector!, June 16, 2014
This reflector has been great. Its easy to use and folds up and fits with my other camera gear. I would recommend this product!

5.0 out of 5 stars I should have bought it years ago, June 3, 2014
ColoTex (Austin, TX United States) - See all my reviews
I have been using the CowboyStudio 32 inch Reflector set for macro photos of wildflowers this spring. For some reason I had put off getting something like this but now find it indispensable. The main feature I have used so far is the diffuser. Although early morning is usually the best time, taking photos in mid-day sometimes cannot be avoided and the diffuser softens the harsh light nicely. Also, for shady areas, I have used the silver reflector a couple of times to improve the lighting.

It is a well-built product, small enough to carry hiking or on my mountain bike to photo spots. The larger one would probably be a little big for this type of application.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great for solo models, May 25, 2014
It's a great little tool that makes a world a difference. I think I'd get a bigger one next time just so I can use it on more than one or two people at a time, it does well with single portraits, but as a group thing, it hardly makes a big enough impact. Great for modeling and portraiture work

4.0 out of 5 stars Great for beginners, May 19, 2014
This reflector is super portable, a great size for smaller shoots and perfect for beginner photographers. The gold can be a little harsh at times.